A.I. improvements

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi, Andry here.

I've played the game since it's release, i had a blast with it, playing as much as i can. I fell in love with Vaegirs/Rhodoks. After a good month of joyfull experience, i found two biggest problems.

In my opinion, its A.I. overall and fading corpses/items. I could live without persistant bodies on the ground, they just take out good chunk of aftermath feeling of the battles. But A.I. it much bigger "threat".

In open maps, they're not surrounding you, just run straight after you, allies/enemies. No holding, no flanking, no "tactical retreatment". I know that lords personalities are random. But their tactics are the same. It would be nice to see some variation in how A.I. handle battles.
In Sieges they run to ladders in one nice line, and they put their shields only straight, not to the sides, especially if all ranged units are in one side.

Now, how A.I. handle their countries, is also one of problems. And again, they all do the same thing, they don't have any "strategy", they don't lean towards "better economics" for example.

Now now, i know that in Bannerlord devs plan to make 500vs500 battles, seen recent videos, and A.I. is just same as in previous games. It's possible that they couldnt improve battle A.I. since consoles not going to handle it ( i'd happy to be proven wrong), but overall A.I. (that handles countries) should definitely be improved.

P.S. in case if Battle A.I. would improven, then it would be good to split army not by "class" (Infantry, Cavalry, Ranged) but by "squads" or something like that. Also, pause button to give commands to all "squads" you need would be a nice thing.

Remember, it just my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom