A good way to start in 0.9?

Users who are viewing this thread

Blead said:
Yeah nah, I want to be good natured for the free skill points you seem to get from lords.

I appreciate your contributions to the Persino subforum Dago.

:mrgreen: You are welcome :mrgreen:
Once you reach 90-100 relation with a lord she/he will grant you +1 Charisma or Strength or Intelligence or Agility according to his/her best Stat, if I remember correctly.

I usually supplement my income with some trading (tho' I don't really bother with the skill...) You can find cheap stuff occasionally that you can sell for a massive profit else where.

Arish & it's villages has cheap salt, Elsinore & it's villages cheap silk (I got exquisite silk for 3K sold it for 9K at Lille :smile:)  The Dwarven area often has cheap iron and the guildmaster quests tend to be kept within the Dwarf valley.

There are several of free or affordable companions you should look out for, Shin-Jin, Agnare, Kara, Slyter & Zaira.

As soon as you become a mercenary for a faction, you gain access to their Noble troops.  A couple of these if you want them, can help strengthen your party quite a bit early game.

Don't forget the "Hired troops" you can obtain at the Mercenary guild (west of Omigan castle...) can be re-equipped when needed, so blunt weapons against fairly easy opponents for prisoners, piercing weapons for heavy armoured foes etc. (note you can't change gear in the middle of a battle...althoughthat would be awesome  :iamamoron: )

- You get an attribute (not skill) point when you speak with a Lord after gaining 90 or more relationship with him. The attribute depend on the lord's personality, therefore you gain agility or charisma more often than not. Take this into account when choosing your attribute point after reaching level 25-30.
-You, and your companions, also get a random atribute point every 50 days (more or less), if it's intelligence you also get a skill point.
- You can have all the possible companions in your party, no need to choose.
- Many skills can be boosted by specialized troops in your party, check the wikki for them
- In the beginning, deer hunting is a good mean to make easy money
- Beware of deserters, in the beginning small cavalry parties may both outrun and outfight you, always check deserters' troop type when you spot them. For this reason, stay clear of regions where Falcons are at war until you can beat a 12-15 renward party.
- Do mission from towns to raise your relationship with them and build an enterprise as soon as you can.

Jean-Philippe said:
- You get an attribute (not skill) point when you speak with a Lord after gaining 90 or more relationship with him. The attribute depend on the lord's personality, therefore you gain agility or charisma more often than not. Take this into account when choosing your attribute point after reaching level 25-30.
-You, and your companions, also get a random atribute point every 50 days (more or less), if it's intelligence you also get a skill point.
- You can have all the possible companions in your party, no need to choose.
- Many skills can be boosted by specialized troops in your party, check the wikki for them
- In the beginning, deer hunting is a good mean to make easy money
- Beware of deserters, in the beginning small cavalry parties may both outrun and outfight you, always check deserters' troop type when you spot them. For this reason, stay clear of regions where Falcons are at war until you can beat a 12-15 renward party.
- Do mission from towns to raise your relationship with them and build an enterprise as soon as you can.

Thanks, I was going to search the posts related to free attributes. :iamamoron:

Blead said:
The villages offer recruits, but I find them lacking.
In Perisno, at the start of the game it's better to recruit a few expensive mercs such as Viragos or Virago Heroines (even if hiring a couple of them means spending your entire budget) than a ton of village recruits.
Mercs in Perisno are not overpriced crap like in most mods where their wages are 2x-2.5x of their actual worth, and a couple of virago heroines can handle a party of snowalkers or even sandwalkers without much difficulties.
Village recruits are mostly for mid-game - cost-effective, numerous, great for garrisons and for the main part of your army.

Blead said:
I do not know which parties to aim for first, most of them are very strong.
Snowalkers, looters => sandwalkers, low-tier deserters (there are 2 troop trees in the mod where you can find info on all soldiers) => escaped prisoners, volheere => saccar raiders, mid-tier deserters, amazons, desouk slavers => outlawed criminals, eagle knights, demon worshippers => Mosoru, Wolf Knights, Foreign Invaders => any large parties (armies of eagle knights and demon worshippers, holy crusaders etc.).

Plus, in most mods, including Perisno, a couched lance strike at fast speed can one-hit almost anyone even at the start of the game. In addition to this, in Perisno x-bows have armor piercing effect, so even with a starting crossbow you can deal some damage even to high-tier knights.

And, personally, my favorite strategy at the start of the game is not trading, freelancing or farming crap parties, but jumping straight into action. Joining (as a merc) any faction that is at war, assisting their lords in battles, using my lance or crossbow to hit single targets from safe distance. And unlike in case of enlisting, I get to pick battles I want to participate in, and in between battles I can do guildmasters' or lords' quests, visit towns, sell prisoners and loot, recruit companions. That allows me to have diverse, interesting and pretty safe gameplay, gradually raise relationships with future lords of my kingdom, gradually build up my army from the pool of rescued prisoners.

Blead said:
I do not know what kind of companions I need to go for.
The main thread has a link to my "party planner":
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nCjVvas9XPRvYTxtrYw4ru66ozmssl6H/edit
which includes characteristics of all companions.

Blead said:
I am having issues with finding a good faction to start with.
Pick the one that suits your tastes and preferences in troops and design/atmosphere.
Troops of some factions are better than those of others but they're also much harder to train and less cost-effective. And lords of "weaker" factions field much more numerous armies so they can still hold the ground against "stronger" factions.
Zann hit the western, north-western and northern coasts hard, but they're only good in autocalc. Be there when they attack and by joining sieges you'll be able to save most of the fiefs.

IMO the best, although very tedious start is to do arena until you have 3000 cash and 110+ 1H and 2H proficiencies, preferably more. This allows you to do some tournaments. Galwe and Murdenholl are easy, you can do those on lvl 1 as they're all horse+lance. Maccan is also easy, it's all 1H foot, so is Sut, although giant fighters are tougher than normal ones. Velinaz is all 2H foot, but with giants, Lesbere and Vinica are quite easy too, Reichberg and both Valahir tourneys are okay too. Empire are mixed bag, a bit tougher and often with some crossbows or throwing weapons. Qualetaga is absolute clusterf*ck with AoE leaf bombs in close quarters, so unless you have maxed ironflesh and high throwing and PD, avoid unless you want to savescum to get it right. Dwarven are all about crossbows and elven all about bows, so depending on your chosen weapons it might be easy or impossible.

As for character development...frankly, most of the usual party skills are useless as they can be replaced by skill troops. I'd focus only on leadership and training, maybe engineering and persuasion, and go full combat. Ignore AGI and CHA totally, maybe just a bit CHA so you can get maxed leadership (it caps at 15 in Persino, just like ironflesh, PD/PS/PT, riding and athletics).

Well, it depends on what type of experience you prefer.
If you are a seasoned veteran and you want to level up quick, I suggest you go to Drahara. There are tons of bandits there called "sandwalkers" that can be quite tough to beat if playing as a beginning character.
If you are looking for a REAL challenge, go to Maccavia. Their spawns are Monstrous and there are tons of hostile knight orders like the Eagle Knights and Wolf Knights, not to mention the dreaded Demon Worshippers.
For the best units, go to Maccavia. They have some insane-level defensive infantry and crossbows that can rip through ranks. They're not hard to train either.
Later on in mid-game go and spam mercenaries(the ones like Tolrania Merc Lancer, not the individual ones found in taverns). They can be recruited for 300-500 aurums each and have decent stats, and their pool replenishes quick so you can spam 15 units per week or so. Each Faction Merc fits each category of troop you need, so go around finding the Merc Captains(they have distinct names and are found in taverns)

This is the first time I have heard someone advise to go to Maccavia, it does not appear to be a majority favorite, while I actually like the look and feel, especially the battleaxe crossbow thing they have going on.

It's just that going infantry feels like such a waste of time since 80% of the other troops will have an advantage over you equipment, skill or otherwise. Fighting a cavalry without spear is near futile and using a sword/axe without the speed boost from a horse greatly decreases the efficiency. Which is to bad, because I like going infantry.

It does not have that you are being outrun by pretty much every single infantry/footman at the start of the game and mid game.

Full infantry runs in Perisno are not a big of a problem (not for 1st playthrough though), since you have huge variety of strong foot troops to choose from - insanely armored and bulky dwarves, decent survivabilty + high dmg output Valahirs and giants, very cost efficient Hakkons (especially spearmen), Maccavian xbowmen and\or Elintoran archers + you can spice out it with TTL\Venetor infantry, custom mercs and households of other lords and your own...
Starting the game with foor only is hard, but if you keep your party size always around ~50 strong units (with 50/50 infantry/shooters), invest in pathfinding (or recruit one of companions with it early) and choose opponents wisely, it will be fine.
In late game full infantry army of 500 men is almost unstopable and can take any town\castle on its own, even insanely defended ones like Fountain hall and Karnoth

anti-cav units seem to be buffed in Perisno compared to the Native Module. Having 60 top-tier custom merc heavy infantry armed with long executor axes can destroy even the heaviest Drachen knights on the field, even when beset by 2-to-1 odds. Furthermore you can reinforce them with Dwarven Crossbowmen(or equip them with the crossbows of course)to absolutely annihilate enemies.
Maccavian units as a whole are based around this concept, with heavy axes in some units, tons of crossbows, heavy armor and effective anti-cav units, not to mention the insanely powerful(for a common troop) Northguard.

PrincessCurti said:
anti-cav units seem to be buffed in Perisno compared to the Native Module. Having 60 top-tier custom merc heavy infantry armed with long executor axes can destroy even the heaviest Drachen knights on the field, even when beset by 2-to-1 odds. Furthermore you can reinforce them with Dwarven Crossbowmen(or equip them with the crossbows of course)to absolutely annihilate enemies.
Maccavian units as a whole are based around this concept, with heavy axes in some units, tons of crossbows, heavy armor and effective anti-cav units, not to mention the insanely powerful(for a common troop) Northguard.

Custom Mercs are broken as hell, stay away from them if you want to challenge yourself. I never touched them since for me they don't really fit into the narrative of my playthrough.

nevertheless, normal anti-cav or heavy infantry units(especially in Maccavia) can be insane. Put them in one dense blob of steel and they will wipe out anything you throw at them.

Yo guys,if you bois are struggling with how to start the game smoothly or ****,this mod is brutal so today is my suggestion of how to start the game ezly
You can always goes to tarvern and ask the host that is there anything in the realm happend has a job for me
He/she will simply answer but notice if anyone want you to destroy a newly established hideout
Go and find that ******* and get the job done
-You can takeout the whole hideout alone(if u like to solo)
-Get relation with the lords who given you the task ezly
-3500 Aurums and 7000 exp per mission
-tons of loot and food
-can repeat thousand of time
I'm currently farming those money and exp from count brainius(if I remember his name)
It's day 23 and I'm 15k full of $$ and *****es
So that's my guide of starting anew way easier,hope you guys enjoy it and thankfully it will provide for the one in need

Well, I would also add something:

- Start in Murdenholl, if there is no tournament, start the game again  :smile: Now, assuming that tournament is there, earn 3000 aurums in arena and bet that money on tournament. This one is probably easiest, you shouldn't have problems winning it.
- If there is a lord patrolling around the town, ask tawernkeeper for larger bounty. Attack them, make sure the lord will join and you are the one who engaged enemy. You will be able to do this bounties without any help as soon as you get around 100 decent soldiers, so probably not at the beggining of the game.
-Ask for tournaments and travel to the towns where they take place. Some of them are annoying, like the one in Karnoth, so just be aware of that - you won't always win. By visiting different towns you will also have a chance to recruit new companions and build enterprises.

Savigo said:
Well, I would also add something:

- Start in Murdenholl, if there is no tournament, start the game again  :smile: Now, assuming that tournament is there, earn 3000 aurums in arena and bet that money on tournament. This one is probably easiest, you shouldn't have problems winning it.
- If there is a lord patrolling around the town, ask tawernkeeper for larger bounty. Attack them, make sure the lord will join and you are the one who engaged enemy. You will be able to do this bounties without any help as soon as you get around 100 decent soldiers, so probably not at the beggining of the game.
-Ask for tournaments and travel to the towns where they take place. Some of them are annoying, like the one in Karnoth, so just be aware of that - you won't always win. By visiting different towns you will also have a chance to recruit new companions and build enterprises.
That's one nice way to start too,I should start doing it in the next entry
But I believe the larger bounty is quite random
They can be the demon worshipper or any high tier knight that wouldn't be defeat easily
And btw if u lose it to another lord u could fail and lose honor

Artorius said:
I hope dago seen this cuz he seem like an interesting dude

:iamamoron: You are flattering me. :iamamoron:
:shifty: I see everything :shifty:, but this morning I was really busy.
Good suggestions, but with this we have four topics about starting the game: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,381520.msg9072607.html#msg9072607 ( check my first post ), whereas we only have one topic concerning the funny ways to play Perisno:
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,378215.0.html.

P. S. Friendly suggestion: find yourself a wife ( in Perisno ): she can easily become a killing machine, she can buy food for you, you can ask her about having a feast, she can be your personal chest while your are castleless and townless,...

Dago Wolfrider said:
Artorius said:
I hope dago seen this cuz he seem like an interesting dude

:iamamoron: You are flattering me. :iamamoron:
:shifty: I see everything :shifty:, but this morning I was really busy.
Good suggestions, but with this we have four topics about starting the game: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,381520.msg9072607.html#msg9072607 ( check my first post ), whereas we only have one topic concerning the funny ways to play Perisno:
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,378215.0.html.

P. S. Friendly suggestion: find yourself a wife ( in Perisno ): she can easily become a killing machine, she can buy food for you, you can ask her about having a feast, she can be your personal chest while your are castleless and townless,...
Thats still the stage of later game,since knowing a lady cost very much renown and so on
We are discussing about how to start right after we make our character

Back
Top Bottom