A few Questions - Module system - Lord death etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Greetings modders.
Christ I've been away for a long time, haven't modded since 2009 so to refresh I need to ask a few questions,
I'm already comfortable changing troops, items and some events in txt / module system but for the moment I've got three questions:

1 - How would I go about including Lord/Soldier Execution?
          My character is, well all flattery aside, an evil git. I'd very much like to be able to put the lords I capture to death,
          as well as the soldiers I capture, rather than releasing them because my maximum prisoner cap wont allow them to
          become my slaves!

2 - How can I allow characters to 'choose to attack' when two neutral or both friendly armies are fighting one another?
          Again this is mainly because I'm evil, but also because I take it at the angle that if you saw to armies fighting and you wanted to help say, the Veagirs, but you were yet unknown to them you'd think 'What a brilliant chance to show them my worth!' not oh well I have 0 relation to them I'll just let the nords kill them..

3 - Converting 'Fire arrow 1.011' M&B mod to warband
    What are the main differences between module etc that would prevent me from simply copying and pasting the module accross ?
    How (if it's possible) should I go about doing it and should I get permission to do so first ? (although I don't see the reason I couldn't convert it for personal use)
- explained in another post
Thanks in advance for helping me out.

Note:Just to stress, I'm familiar with using the module system and modding in general I'm just new to modding warband, and haven't modded M&B in a long time.

Oh and while I think about it

3 - I'd like to write a script that changes your party icon depending on your status in the game, i.e. when you start you use the default icon, while a mercenary you use the manhunter icon, while a lord use the lord icon.
What module parts should I look at to accomplish this ?

I think you'll have to write a whole new script in either module_scripts or module_simple_triggers.

I guess you'll have to create a variable that saves your status as a mercenary/lord/whatever and then a script to be activated everytime you change "profession". How exactly you should do that is well beyond my coding skills.

MaverickJones said:
Oh and while I think about it

3 - I'd like to write a script that changes your party icon depending on your status in the game, i.e. when you start you use the default icon, while a mercenary you use the manhunter icon, while a lord use the lord icon.
What module parts should I look at to accomplish this ?

module_simple_triggers.py said:
# Updating player icon in every frame
(0,
[(troop_get_inventory_slot, ":cur_horse", "trp_player", :cool:, #horse slot
  (assign, ":new_icon", -1),
  (try_begin),

#inserted code begin
    (eq, "$g_player_icon_state", pis_custom_state01),

(assign, ":new_icon", "icon_state01"),

(else_try),
#inserted code end
    (eq, "$g_player_icon_state", pis_normal),
    (try_begin),
      (ge, ":cur_horse", 0),
      (assign, ":new_icon", "icon_player_horseman"),
    (else_try),
      (assign, ":new_icon", "icon_player"),
    (try_end),
  (else_try),
    (eq, "$g_player_icon_state", pis_camping),
    (assign, ":new_icon", "icon_camp"),
  (else_try),
    (eq, "$g_player_icon_state", pis_ship),
    (assign, ":new_icon", "icon_ship"),
  (try_end),
  (neq, ":new_icon", "$g_player_party_icon"),
  (assign, "$g_player_party_icon", ":new_icon"),
  (party_set_icon, "p_main_party", ":new_icon"), ]),

Feel free to add your  pis_custom_state##, and set  (eq, "$g_player_icon_state", pis_custom_state##), every time you change your status.

Thanks Dunde :smile: very helpful!

Another quick question, I've added 4 new factions to my game, and I want the lords and armies to 'appear' at the edges of the map after a certain period of days, and unlike the other kingdoms I want them to have forced diplomacy so that when fac_kingdom_7 comes into play they automatically start to invade swadia, any tuts or scripts to help me out with this?

Back
Top Bottom