A confession which has to be made.

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watly said:
I bolded it, because I found it peculiar that it had to be told that R1ch's case was fraudulent, while the word is completely omitted in the sentence you used for Tallie even though they committed more or less the same offence. Your post consisted of 3 individual parts that could be considered three individual posts, thus I picked the part that I wanted to address.

In your post, you assume that R1ch joined team Russia simply to help them win. How do you know?

Let me pick up a dictionary (it's quite dusty, but it still seems to work) and look up the definition of a tournament: "A series of contests in which a number of contestants compete and the one that prevails through the final round or that finishes with the best record is declared the winner." Now, let's pick the definition competing: "To strive against another or others to attain a goal, such as an advantage or victory."

This means that anyone who joins a team in a tournament is automatically in it to achieve some goal. Both R1ch and Tallie were in it to achieve something, thus both of them went for a victory of some form. This makes their intents roughly the same.

That said, Tallie's case should still be treated differently from R1ch's case, since the effects on the tournament were different. While it shouldn't count for much, this still has to be taken into consideration. The only problem is that any milder punishment than R1ch's would be too mild, so you automatically arrive at a same punishment

It was a partial quote even of the third you were addressing, you completely missed out my question, and that it was an answer to your post

Aeronwen said:
Watly said:
In most of these situations, even if a crime is roughly the same, the punishment differs depending on the circumstances. While Tallie's intent was the same as R1ch's, R1ch's influence on last year's tournament was much larger than Tallie's influence on the tournament.

would you say the intent was the same?

R1ch fraudently joined another team AFTER his team was knocked out with the intent of helping them to win the tournament.

Tallie joined another team knowing he would probably not play for team he should be in, as I understood it just because he wanted to play in teh tournament.

Picking one word out of the post is rediculous, yes both players cheated by joining teams they were not entitled to join and obviously disguised that they did so.  The point I was making, and you ignored because it does not fit your narrative, is that R1ch did so AFTER playing for the team he was entitled to join and Tallie did so BECAUSE he knew he would probably not play for the team he was entitled to join.  In other words Tallie did so to take part in the tournament at all, whereas R1ch had already taken part. So yes that shows a difference in intent.

Quite how you claim that R1ch did not want to help Russia win the tournament and then that by participating a player is by definition aiming for victory, without noticing that your statements are contradictory is beyond me. 

While accusing me of discrimination you have still failed to address that I said I would be happy with a more severe punishment for each new offender.  In fact you have not really answered my post at all

Aeronwen said:
Just want to point out I didn't highlight fraudulently, so its not an accurate quote. In addition, it is also a partial quote.  Although I was pointing out a difference of intent I have not suggested a more lenient punishment for Talllie, in fact I said I would be happy with a harsher one.  So I am not quite sure why you are suggesting I am discriminating against R1ch.  As for why 'fraudently' is emphasised, well you bolded it so you tell us!

I will say that Tallie confessing when he did was a help to the admins, I still think his confession and apology count for something.

If we were going to talk about unconscious discrimination I think you start by examining your attitude to my post.

He confessed. Tallie is a nice guy anyway, no need to tell bad things about him.

He'll be punished by not being able to play for his team during the ECS for maybe 3 match like it was said before and that's all.

No need to start arguments about it.

He confessed. Good. It should meant you dislike him less for it. The punishment must be the same as r1ch received however. Anything else would be hypocritical and tbh smacks of anti CIS bias.

Case closed.

Instead of Sharia law let's apply murphy's law. Or wait, even better, the law of gravity, everyone must obey the law of gravity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom