A better way to Earn high Tiered troops

Users who are viewing this thread

imho I think if we want to increase the value of higher tiered units without making the game grindy the best way to do it is through party size(maybe, depending on how hard it would be to implement). Basically you party size is based on you management skill and how well known you are, which wouldn't mean the same thing to different tier soldiers. Managing 100 peasants is not the same as managing 100 trained soldiers, and its sure not the same as managing 100 slightly crazy shock troops. Also 100 nobles would never mean 100 people, you'd have at least as many servants coming along. Which means you're allowed to play with this from a realism standpoint. From a game standpoint the advantage is it lets you make awesome high tiered units, while setting a limit on their value. You can make (not saying you should) a beserker capable of killing 20 foot soldiers, but if they have a party cost of 10 space, your group of 10 beserkers, capable of taking out an army of 200 is still vulnerable to a dozen crappy horse archers.

This would make army design a more important part of the game, and make so troop upgrade isn't just always focused on having the highest tier, while at the same time allowing high tier units to be awesome and feel special. I would probably only apply it to the noble lines for ease of programming, since the AI will probably struggle with the value of elite troops, and that would make that less of an issue.

Also we have got to increase unit health and armor value. Everyone dies way to easy, which has a negative effect on all aspects of play. I want to be able to fight in battles, but they end before you get half a dozen swings in.

Back
Top Bottom