Users who are viewing this thread

I'm the dumb**** that codes in here, so got no idea historically.  When cheng/merth/wei are on they can bang u hard, they then tell me what to change and that's what will happen :grin:

Okay, so these are the Factions so far.

Factions:
Ongut
Borjigin
Jadaran
Tatars
Naimans
Kerayids
Tangut Kingdom
Oirat
Tayichiud
Kerait

Groups represented but not currently factions:
Merkits
Manghit
Dorbet
Barlas
Jalayir
Darkhad
Uriankhai

The Darkhad were first used as a bandit faction to basically 'look' really cool.  It was also a good name, if there was any other reason pali first used the name then it hasn't been shared among the rest of us, but since he is gone.  I believe we'll most likely change the name if it isn't historically accurate.

According to what you, wiki and cheng say - darkhad ARE in fact later on in the mongol history.  So I was thinking of replacing them with the Buriyats.

So the new action list is...

Factions:
Ongut
Borjigin
Jadaran
Tatars
Naimans
Kerayids
Tangut Kingdom
Oirat
Tayichiud
Kerait

Merkits
Manghit
Dorbet
Barlas
Jalayir
Buriyats
Uriankhai

The Oirat are already a faction.  Although later on if we use more tribes we may break them down into the 4 clans like we did with the 'mongol tribe' which we seperated into 3 major clans.

I appreciate your information Santas.Helper and indeed we are friends, it's always good to see other people check in on the mod. :smile:

Oh and there should be a beta released in about a week with all the new factions, troop lists and terrain textures. :smile:

SantasHelper said:
I don't know if you still got the Darkhad / Black Darkhad
I suggest removing them

They don't show up in my atlas map or in the Secret history of the mongol

bellow is what wikepedia got on them
they seems a latter tribe

I suggest using either the Khotgoids
or the Oirats (which you can further split into the 4 clans)
Oirats were a very large tribe

Oh, and Oirats are HUGUE, should consider them as faction maybe ?

Are Kerayids same as Keraits ?

Jardaran are derived from Borjigin if I'm not too confused...
And Borjigin  was FOUNDED by Ghengis Khan himself. It's his descendant

Some tribes I'm sure existed when Ghenghis was born

Khotgoid
Oirats (all 4 clans) <--- you can't go wrong there, put all 4 clans if you want
Buriyats
Naimans
Merkits (turkish/mongol mix unclear
Onguts
Khoritumat

they got some decent data in wikepedia if you don't have books
unfortunately most books focus on the latter days
some history atlas will list pretty much all tribes for each era
best reference if secret history of the mongol... if you can find yourself in the mess  :oops:
I'm sure there must be derived work by now that got the data better organized

--------------------------
The Darkhad (Mongolian: Дархад, craftsmen) are a Mongolian tribe living mainly in the Bayanzürkh, Ulaan-Uul, Renchinlkhümbe, and Tsagaannuur sums of Khövsgöl aimag in northern Mongolia. The Darkhad valley is named after them.

The Darkhad were originally part of the Oirad or Khotgoid tribes. Between 1549 and 1686, they were subjects of Zasagt Khan aimag and the Khotgoid Altan Khan. In 1786 they became part of the Jebtsundamba Khutuktu's Great Shabi. At roughly the same time they became known as Black Darkhad.

-------------------------------

Darkhads are anachronistic. I made a post about it before http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,56417.0.html . the darkhad are a tribe in mongolia today who fought along side jatsundempa khutuku in contemporary times. There are also tribal people called Darkhads in inner Mongolia(China) who claim to guard the burial ground of genghis khan.

as for Borjigen, no Genghis Khan did not find Borjigen. Borjigen is the clan the tribe Mongol which the Khan belonged to. They are the direct descendants of Bordonchar Khan(son of Alan Ghoa), the first Khan of tribe Mongol. Hence the name Borjigen. 

kereyids are the same as Kereits yes. Kereyid means "Kereit people"

I don't get why Merkits are not a major faction. they were a power to be reckoned with

I thought you gave me the list....well how about this then...

Factions:
Ongut
Borjigin
Jadaran
Tatars
Naimans
Kerayids
Tangut Kingdom
Oirat
Tayichiud
Merkits

Manghit
Dorbet
Barlas
Jalayir
Buriyats
Uriankhai
Khoritumat

Is that better?

Wei.Xiadi said:
I thought you gave me the list....well how about this then...

Factions:
Ongut
Borjigin
Jadaran
Tatars
Naimans
Kerayids
Tangut Kingdom
Oirat
Tayichiud
Merkits

Manghit
Dorbet
Barlas
Jalayir
Buriyats
Uriankhai
Khoritumat

Is that better?

I don't know much about minor factions but major factions seem okay. I think Ongut should be a minor faction. Jin Dynasty a major faction. Borjigen, Tayichiud, and Jadaran are clans of tribe Mongol but they fought against each other so i think the break up is fine.

I'm totally banged in the head now :shock:

Uhh... just tell me what I gotta do in the coders' lab.  Keep it short sweet, and order me to it :grin:  That's definitely gonna save my brain from damaging thoughts ;o

No Kara Khitai is part of the Xinjiang Area. Samarkand is part of Kwarazim(uzbekstan/Persia). Song, Tibet, Dali are part of Kubilai Khan's life

Back
Top Bottom