152 VS 477

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi people!

I captured a crazy fight I had yesterday and edited it into something watchable. Lowdown is 143 Rhodok sharpshooters and my 8 companions versus various Khergits numering to 477. I left the first wave and the last wave out as it lasted over 30 minutes and edited some of the 'new enemies have arrived' lag periods, but aside from that, the only editing that has been done is sound editing (volume balance, etc.).

I think I didn't even lose 10 men (killed or wounded). I apologize for the crappy quality. The original file is in very good quality, but sucky uploads eh.

Enjoy:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3310710241210940410&hl=en

An interesting way of playing. Why haven't I done that.. :grin: I just have a nord army of huscarls and some swadian sharpshooters and knights and I never give me friends proper equipment. Now your army on the other hand, it looks something I just have to try sometime.. :grin:

Interesting music choice at the beginning! "'Mon the Biffy!" :grin: It really fit quite well with Holst. Wish you'd played the rest of it, though. Terrible video quality! I hate google video and youtube for that. :sad:

Yeah, I would have uploaded it on Youtube with the high quality option, but vids can't be longer than 10 minutes. I think I'm going to make a shorter version with just the second wave...it's far easier to make out the death messages and see how fast those Khergits die. I'm really impressed at how those Rhodoks sharpshooters hold their own in melee. Even against Nords, I rarely lose any men when I issue a charge.

Oh, btw, I always focus on sound/music editing, me and my DJing habits...  :roll:

How'd you get your men to work with each other?

By the way, awesome tactics. Though the morale might have a bit of a problem if it was in real life, but the sharpshooters pretty much work their way through the horses  :twisted:

I opened this topic and watched this, preparing already my mocking statements.
I apologise. That was probably one of the better fan-movies out there. Nice one.
Why don't you just upload it to Fileshack or something so that people can download and watch the full quality version?

Companion cavalry = unbalancing...
I dragged out my 73 man vaegir archer/skirmisher/marksman team and 10+ companions (Bandit King) to fight the Rhodoks. I ended up fighting 1473 Rhodoks =S.

Anyway: Friendly casualties = 0(lords wounded a few times) , Rhodok casualties = 1470 (2 lords + king wounded)

P.S. This was on Difficulty 80+%.
P.P.S. I have 9 First Aid and Ymira+Marnid buffmonkeying for +6 so it might not hold true =P (273% HP rules)
P.P.P.S. Every single companion was on warhorses and in full plate armor.
P.P.P.P.S. No more Postscripts beyond this point.

Boomie said:

By the way, awesome tactics. Though the morale might have a bit of a problem if it was in real life, but the sharpshooters pretty much work their way through the horses  :twisted:

The key is to use all the orders effectively. If you play around with hold this position, you'll notice that the men will stand in a straight line, perpendicular to the direction of enemy attack. For this, the AI is awesome. Then when you want them to advance/fall back but keeping that line, just use advance ten paces or fall back ten paces repeatedly.

Against mounted enemies, it's better to tell your troops to huggle together so they effectively stop charging horses in their paces with stand closer. Against archers, use spread out.

Using the terrain is also important. And even in the big melees where it's a mess, don't issue charges as your soldiers will break formation and get singled off, especially against Swadian cavalry and Khergits.

I wish we could have multiplayer battlegrounds as this would be really interesting. As for the companion cavalry being IMBA, that's not necessarily true against certain factions. Swadian knights and man at arms, for example, are really hard. Being outnumbered raises the chance of receiving couched damage by SO MUCH that it's really a question of chance and luck to win against insane odds even with uber companion cavalry.

Well, we ALLMOST managed to beat 400 rhodocks with only 50 men.
they had about 50 left vs me alone, I still had a mount and decent health  but a bolt through my eyeball convinced me it ain't gonna work.

Narduiran said:
Boomie said:

The key is to use all the orders effectively. If you play around with hold this position, you'll notice that the men will stand in a straight line, perpendicular to the direction of enemy attack. For this, the AI is awesome. Then when you want them to advance/fall back but keeping that line, just use advance ten paces or fall back ten paces repeatedly.

Against mounted enemies, it's better to tell your troops to huggle together so they effectively stop charging horses in their paces with stand closer. Against archers, use spread out.

Using the terrain is also important. And even in the big melees where it's a mess, don't issue charges as your soldiers will break formation and get singled off, especially against Swadian cavalry and Khergits.

I wish we could have multiplayer battlegrounds as this would be really interesting. As for the companion cavalry being IMBA, that's not necessarily true against certain factions. Swadian knights and man at arms, for example, are really hard. Being outnumbered raises the chance of receiving couched damage by SO MUCH that it's really a question of chance and luck to win against insane odds even with uber companion cavalry.

Awesome, my tactics are always the same, Archers to the back, Infantry only a little way upfront to defend them, cavalry with me. I use my infantry to absorb the attacks, my archers to provide support fire, and my cavalry to flank  :twisted: it usually works out well.

And it would be a good idea to have multiplayer M&B where you only need to draw in the tactics and you don't need to fight to be able to go along with the crappy fps of other players these days.

It's called Medieval 2: Total War, funnily enough.
If you computer's crap, try the original, which you
can get with the expansion for about a tenner.

[/quote]
my tactics are always the same, Archers to the back, Infantry only a little way upfront to defend them, cavalry with me. I use my infantry to absorb the attacks, my archers to provide support fire, and my cavalry to flank 
[/quote]

i do the same & most of the time come out on top but there was this one time...lets just say some mongol race of losers that only know how to ride friggen LAME horses & fire bows that are made OF....nm..good tactics tho..lol ruled the swadia with those simple rules : D & on the way to totally dominating the Nord's for the 50th time : D

Back
Top Bottom