Resolved 1.8.0 Enemy Reinforcements Spawn Around (Behind, Flanks) Within 100 Meters

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e.1.8.0
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary: enemy spawn from behind you, or in several directions during reinforcement phase, (within about 100m), making mid-battle like a sneak attack.
How to Reproduce: play some battles
Have you used cheats and if so which: no
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU:
GPU Driver Version:
CPU:
RAM:
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD):

Were you able to capture a video of this issue? Or do you remember where was the battle on campaign map?
No, but it was near the edge of the map.

Approximate battle conditions:
  • 800-1000 size party (Player) attacking 200 size (AI)
  • Unintended enemy AI reinforcement occurred near edge of map.
  • My troops were positioned near (approx. 100m) from edge of map on a sharp terrain feature (a sharp hill), with inf. and archers holding, cavalry on charge and horse archers on follow (i am going around near edge of map attacking)
  • The first wave of enemy was defeated (they end up coming up the sharp terrain feature and got charged from side/back from my cavalry, which initiates the reinforcement phase)
  • I may have received reinforcements (although they would be coming from far away, in Warband there was a minimap so I cant report on this...)
  • My vlandian player kingdom against battania (maybe near the dunglanys 3 city areas....), but also could have been near Ocs hall areas...
Please let me know if this is approximately enough info to reproduce.

i can confirm that even after the reinforcement changes in 1.8.0, occasionally enemy reinforcements still do spawn right behind the player's frontline, however it now happens more rarely than before, which means progress is being made, it just needs a few more tweaks.

Hi, I will mark the issue as resolved. If you encounter the same one in the latest version, please let me know. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom