In Progress 1.7.2 red eyes bug

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
I am having the same issue with red eyes since updating to 1.7.2 playing with a gtx 1650 super with or without mods. I have never had this issue before. Id rather not have to re install the game considering it likely wont fix it. I would love to know how to fix it though because its hard to play like this and I dont know if I will have to start over once its fixed.\

I also dont think it is my graphics card.

fixed now thank you Taleworlds

Last edited:
GTX 1050 5gb, same problem. The problem appeared after the last update 1.7.2. Deleting some elements of the game and checking the integrity of the files did not give any result. Updating the graphics card drivers also did not fix the problem. It's playable, but it hurts my eyes. :LOL: a pun

-- upd

Deleted the file with the shader cache (..steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\Shaders\D3D11\compressed_shader_cache.sack), the problem is solved. The price of the solution: freezes, heavy load on computing devices. After two minutes of the game, there were fewer freezes.
I'll try to check the integrity of the game files again. After that I will write here again.

-- upd2

After checking the game files and restoring compressed_shader_cache.sack, the game crashes. (d3d_device_context_->Map at rglGPU_device::lock_texture Failed). This problem has already been solved by deleting the folder (C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Shaders). The problem of red eyes has been solved in general, but my game character still seems to have no eyes on the icons in the menu of settlements and battles. The rest of the NPC characters are fine.

Last edited:
Red eyes still happening in my new playthroughs, it's fine for the first 15 minutes then the eyes turn red - then remain red forever. ( only the picture portrait in cities and such ) the NPC's themself have normal eyes it's just the pictures.

Edit: 1.8 beta branch

I am having the same issue with red eyes since updating to 1.7.2 playing with a gtx 1650 super with or without mods. I have never had this issue before. Id rather not have to re install the game considering it likely wont fix it. I would love to know how to fix it though because its hard to play like this and I dont know if I will have to start over once its fixed.\

I also dont think it is my graphics card.
This is actually fixed for me now. I went back to 1.7.1 for awhile then switched back to 1.7.2 today and the red eyes are gone.

Playing on 1.7.2e and getting red eyes on portraits and flickering black/dark blue eyes and eyebrows on character models. Tried the guidance above (delete shader cache etc) any other ideas or news on update/patch?

I'm pretty sure this is related with gpu and from what i could gather, Nvidia users are the ones having the issue.
AMD users are not having red eyes.

Thanks, i do use Nvidia, any idea what is the cause? Just got an Nvidia update (516.40) launched today but downgraded M&BB to 1.70 and cant be as*ed to reinstall back up to e1.7.2 would be good to hear if the Nvidia update solves the problem for some people on e1.7.2.

Yeah if you have new drivers available, you should update. But i'm pretty sure 1.7.2 has some code specific for nvidia users which is causing visual bugs like red eyes.
If you downgrade your game to 1.7.1 you won't have red eyes/invisible heads/black map. But TW is retarded and can't do simple stuff like code comparison or devs apparently have AMD gpus now

I've been informed that this bug is fixed and the fix will be sent to the game with future patches. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience

I've been informed that this bug is fixed and the fix will be sent to the game with future patches. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!
So the fix will be applied to a future patch?
Did I understand correctly?

Back
Top Bottom