Resolved (1.7.0) broken recruitment in castle and village

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
I conquered Nevyansk castle. My character is from strugian culture. I raised loyalty above 50. And the garrison still don't raise with auto-recruitment. It could be related to the two villages around which never get any new recruits even after protecting villagers against looters for a few in-game days.

By the way I has another bug that could be related. I conquered this castle from vlandians. It had around 40 garrisoned soldiers and 220 militas. Only the 40 ennemy soldiers joined the defensive siege and after conquest I still had the 220 militias.

I share the save right after.

The Neveyansk Castle villages, seems to be haveing some issues, and or it could be a design choice.

Read in my play I also got it.
And alot of the time there isnt any recruits, however then it started to be some.

In a new fresh play, since yesterdays patch, there is recruits there.(now).

However what I noticed as the owner and with the lack of recruits and they showing up over time - was that the villages was very very low population, with 55 and 80 respectively.

as I did some quest, the bring tools and it popped over 200 - there was recruits "as normal".

I'm wondering if villages have a lower threshold so to speak, again this could be just a false positive and or failed observation(call it what you want) but it made me speculate.

Again in todays new play, there is plenty of recruits there(and the villages havent been looted much).

As for the lack of autorecruit, I could be mistaken, but if you have low income overall, and also not much money on your character, dont it also "cut you out from doing autorecruit" aswell?

With a message if you move your mouse over it "due to wage limit" or something along those lines.

Try opening up your save if you could op, and see if there is such a message perhaps?

As for the other thing you describe where there was 40 garrison and 220 milita - this is most likely working as intended.
When a town/castle have low(below 25) loyalty and are on the verge of revolting - when besieged and below 25 loyalty the garrison is the only faceing you, and not the milita (the milita is planning revolution against their oppressing lords)(castles dont rebel, but towns do).

Since Vlandia have -loyalty based on owner culture, and add in if a village have been looted etc and thats very likely why they have low loyalty.
Check it out if you have an earlier save, as you can still inspect such stats in the encyclopedia :wink:

in my current game I have this error in at least 4 villages. At one point the castles that belong to them were conquered and they were left with low loyalty, which makes the description of a state of rebellion appear in the villages. The notables stopped offering soldiers to recruit and the state of rebellion remains permanent in the villages, even as loyalty rises to a stable level.

in my current game I have this error in at least 4 villages. At one point the castles that belong to them were conquered and they were left with low loyalty, which makes the description of a state of rebellion appear in the villages. The notables stopped offering soldiers to recruit and the state of rebellion remains permanent in the villages, even as loyalty rises to a stable level.

I've never seen this though, "glad I havent".

But what do you mean "stable level" its 25++ right.

Also those villages as I mentioend in my post, have they been raided to oblivion and back, so their population is under 100?
Should that be the case, and if you are lord of those villages attached city/castle - could you flip the switch to focus on "irrigation" to see if my theory with villages below 100 have something to do with lack of recruits.

Not a dev, just very curious :razz:(And I totally get it if you cant or wont do it, its your time, and I have no intrest in dictating what you spend yours on, but should you be "curious" like me :wink: )

This is present in my recent game too. We, Aserai, took tamnuh castle back from Southern Empire which had low loyalty I suppose as militia didn't join the defence when we besieged it. It's rewarded to me, been over a season or two already we've been in peace - still early game- loyalty of the castle is 76, hearths of both villages are over 200, yet not a single new recruit spawned yet, nor any quest from village elders. Both villages are in some state of rebellion according to the info shown when you drop by the settlement.

This is present in my recent game too. We, Aserai, took tamnuh castle back from Southern Empire which had low loyalty I suppose as militia didn't join the defence when we besieged it. It's rewarded to me, been over a season or two already we've been in peace - still early game- loyalty of the castle is 76, hearths of both villages are over 200, yet not a single new recruit spawned yet, nor any quest from village elders. Both villages are in some state of rebellion according to the info shown when you drop by the settlement.

Tnx for the feedback for my curiosity.

I hope the devs can sort it out, as this isnt an ideal thing to have broken :/

Have a similar problem. After taking back Talivel castle and getting it as a fief the villages stopped spawning new recruits. Every other village around them get new recruits in a day or two so its not because of other lords and both loyalty and hearts stat are fine for the villages.

In my game that error disappeared from the villages where I saw it happen. I thought they would have fixed it. Apparently the error disappears when some new key event happens, according to @murtega a new siege fixed it. perhaps a new looting also produces it.

But what do you mean "stable level" its 25++ right.
Yes, in one of the two cases, it was a Kusait castle that was lost and later managed to recover it, at that time apparently it reached the state of risk of rebellion. When I noticed the error, the castle was already Kusait again and had about 76 loyalty. but the villages still had the status message of possible rebellion in their descriptions.

Back
Top Bottom