1.2.7 After Kingdom is conquered, leftover clan leader can NOT join me

Users who are viewing this thread

The only reason I can think of why dev is designing like this, it's to balance out the new generated rebel clans

if new rebel clan is created, then some existing clans need to go away somehow, otherwise the game will have too many clans but not enough fiefs

we can consider those leftover clans as "the loyalists who would rather disappear but will never surrendered to your new empire"
another stupid decision, since rebel clans don't tend to have proper names and die out

The only reason I can think of why dev is designing like this, it's to balance out the new generated rebel clans
To be frank, I don't think it's intended design so much as a rushed job to appease longstanding near-unanimous grievances.

As in, they probably want to do more but decided to release it half-done since things like zombie kingdoms make no sense unless there's no design document being referred to and/or contradictory visions working in disharmony.

if new rebel clan is created, then some existing clans need to go away somehow, otherwise the game will have too many clans but not enough fiefs
When I played last year, there were numerous Given Name's Clans and, as you might imagine, many homeless clans but they were nearly all members of zombie kingdoms since the actually growing kingdoms had plenty of fiefs to give to their dozens of clans.

Several rebel clans played prominent roles in that hundred (or so) hour long playthrough as well, such as one that originated in Senala submitting to Battania and thus inviting them to mess up the Aserai (and later join me decades later when I took Senala from them) while another ended up becoming a consistent Aserai marshal and, after I executed half of its family members, joined me and became a powerful clan in my created country over time. Organic stories like this make them desirable to me. In one of my current playthroughs, I saw something similar happen where a rebel clan in Akkalat ended up submitting to the Western Empire and have since remained oddly safe and secure despite being super far from the actual domain of the Western Empire and surrounded by potential enemies.

I think the rebel clan system should be refined and use whatever clan name generator is used for player character creation to replace the "(Name)'s Clan" scheme that causes them to stand out like a sore thumb. Not only do they provide the illusion of a dynamically shifting world but also create the opportunity for new kingdoms besides ones made by the player. These kingdoms could derive their names from their founding cities, and/or be references to the ones in Warband/niche lore, and further spice up the playthrough timelines.

Ideally, it should be possible for a default clan that exists from the start of a scenario to shift both upwards to royalty and downwards to being mercenaries (or even minor Notables/Influencers) and for the wanderers/Notables NPCs to become mercenary leaders/nobles/monarchs/etc. to further strengthen the simulation side of the game.

As it stands, due to the new culling rule, the number of rebel clans becoming lasting/normal clans has greatly diminished but I suppose it makes it logistically easier to manage the masses of A.I. clans in the late game.

To be frank, I don't think it's intended design so much as a rushed job to appease longstanding near-unanimous grievances.

As in, they probably want to do more but decided to release it half-done since things like zombie kingdoms make no sense unless there's no design document being referred to and/or contradictory visions working in disharmony.

When I played last year, there were numerous Given Name's Clans and, as you might imagine, many homeless clans but they were nearly all members of zombie kingdoms since the actually growing kingdoms had plenty of fiefs to give to their dozens of clans.

Several rebel clans played prominent roles in that hundred (or so) hour long playthrough as well, such as one that originated in Senala submitting to Battania and thus inviting them to mess up the Aserai (and later join me decades later when I took Senala from them) while another ended up becoming a consistent Aserai marshal and, after I executed half of its family members, joined me and became a powerful clan in my created country over time. Organic stories like this make them desirable to me. In one of my current playthroughs, I saw something similar happen where a rebel clan in Akkalat ended up submitting to the Western Empire and have since remained oddly safe and secure despite being super far from the actual domain of the Western Empire and surrounded by potential enemies.

I think the rebel clan system should be refined and use whatever clan name generator is used for player character creation to replace the "(Name)'s Clan" scheme that causes them to stand out like a sore thumb. Not only do they provide the illusion of a dynamically shifting world but also create the opportunity for new kingdoms besides ones made by the player. These kingdoms could derive their names from their founding cities, and/or be references to the ones in Warband/niche lore, and further spice up the playthrough timelines.

Ideally, it should be possible for a default clan that exists from the start of a scenario to shift both upwards to royalty and downwards to being mercenaries (or even minor Notables/Influencers) and for the wanderers/Notables NPCs to become mercenary leaders/nobles/monarchs/etc. to further strengthen the simulation side of the game.

As it stands, due to the new culling rule, the number of rebel clans becoming lasting/normal clans has greatly diminished but I suppose it makes it logistically easier to manage the masses of A.I. clans in the late game.
yes, I think you are right, its always a half-ass game release in a limited time

I wish the rebel clan have some meaningful name like the existing ones, instead of "XXX's clan"

I think the leftover clan should 80% of chance to automatically join some random empire after the kingdom is destroyed.
then 20% of chance to disappear, that would make more sense. As any kingdom falls, there always some loyalists die with the kingdom in history.

Back
Top Bottom