In Progress 1.2.5 - Cannot assign party roles to companions in Parties screen

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary: Companions in your party who have been previously captured are unavailable to re-assign to party roles from the Parties tab
How to Reproduce: -
Have you used cheats and if so which: No
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU:
GPU Driver Version:
CPU:
RAM:
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD):

This is a old bug. You can fix it by...

Have the companion rejoin your party. Then leave them in town.. Leave the town, go back and pick them up again. Then their flags should be cleared and you can assign them party roles, govenor/party leader positions again.

It seems that if they escape captivity it doesn't clear that flag. So when you try to assign them roles, the game still think they are captive and unavailable.

I apologize for the snark, and I appreciate you trying to be helpful. It's just that this was the proverbial straw that broke the camel's back for me, and I have uninstalled the game for the sake of my mental well-being.

I also have this problem, I have noticed that my engineer is not assigned after starting an important siege, but now cannot correct. I can see that my party members are not available to assign roles to and cannot afford to leave the siege, and fiddle around in other towns just to get around a long standing bug that shouldn't exist at this stage in the game. In my opinion you either have good devs that fix faults that make you a good software developer or your company is a substandard, unprofessional company. This really should have been sorted by now.

Put them into a town/castle then pick them back up or speak to them through the party page and tell them what role you want them to take. Their portrait will be blank in the clan parties page but they do have the role.
I also discovered this. Speaking to the required party member is clearly the way, however you still need to remember to do this after EVERY mission you send them on because if you don't and require them to have a role during a siege then there is no way to change this. The Party assignment page SHOULD be working as intended.

Back
Top Bottom