Search results for query: *

1. the best troop tree

If you want to go "pure" go Jutes.  Their price advantage is hard to overcome.  If you don't mind mixing, Jute infantry with Brit cavalry and archers is the way I go.
  2. SUGGESTIONS

Adorno said:
    Have you tried 1.32? Weapon damage is edited.

- Weapon damage update to numbers more near to 1.3 version.

I'm playing 1.32 and seeing no real changes to damage.  This is mainly in the tournaments though.  Was armor changed or were the weapons changed?
  3. SUGGESTIONS

Return the damage levels to 1.3

I'm playing tournaments and the dagger seems to be one of the best weapons.  It takes two hits to kill with just about every weapon, including great axes if you miss the sweet spot or have any negative speed modifier.  With the dagger's speed you get in close and kill everyone, likewise two guys with knives cut you down regardless of your gear.  It is realistic for two knife wielders to kill one guy but when that guy has a sword and shield they shouldn't even get close to him.  The older system was more fun.
  4. BUG Reports v 1.31

Is there a limit to the number of villages that can be around a castle vs. a city?  It seems like people think there is too much money in the game and that extra money is coming from the businesses in cities.  Could you change a bunch of cities to castles and eliminate the possiblilty of owning so many businesses?  It could even be more historic this way.  Wasn't Bebbanburg mainly just a castle anyway?
  5. BUG Reports v 1.31

Idibil,
      Sorry, didn't mean to sound short.  Here's some of the things that I don't like about this release.
    The rest penalty - I get the quest for realism but it is a game and if I have to spend a significant amount of time resting what's the point of playing?  I wasn't fighting when the penalty was building.
    The heavy armor penalty - again what's the point?  I've seen the arguements in various forums about heavy v. light armor and the trade offs, but most decisions break down to someones opinion with no real evidence.
    The new prices for buildings - a poster above summarized nicely, but 29 weeks to see a profit seems high to the point where you don't buy buildings.  In the last release I quit looking at buildings that weren't wine presses.  Now I've just quit looking at buildings.
    The food penalty - more to micro-manange, and I usually maintain a good spread of food but only later in the game.  I was still starting out and this was affecting me.  I understand the idea behind it but I don't see the food in the inventory as a menu but more of a main course/ingredient.  They may not want to eat fish stew every meal but it beats starvation.

It is mainly the micro-managing of morale that I dislike.  When things are going bad (losing battles, running, that sort of thing) sure, but I don't want to focus on morale otherwise.

This is my worry, in other games I've seen the "Quest for Realism" take hold and things progress downhill quickly.  We are playing a game where you can hire a peasant and three weeks worth of training and a couple battles that peasant is one of the best heavy cavalry in the land.  We wink at that but now we need to camp to keep everyone happy?  I treat most games as handling the little stuff behind the scenes.  Why do you travel slower at night in this game?  I see the answer as it is harder to move at night and you have some resting going on in there too.  The camp function represents a long term stay in one place.

I know it all comes down to opinion and for me some of these changes lessen my enjoyment of the game.

To finish on a positive note.  I do like the new implementation for weapon breakage.  I use my spear until it breaks (which I picture as being stuck in some poor guy) then take out my sword to finish the battle.  Nicely done.
  6. BUG Reports v 1.31

Morale - I now have a "lack of rest" penalty that is increasing as I'm resting in a tavern.  This seems like a big one.

(new info)  I stayed a second night and the penalty started going down.

What is the point of this penalty?  Are we really supposed to be camping every day?  Is it part of some quest for "realism"?
    The extra quests and new weapons are nice but some of the other changes have really reduced the enjoyment factor of the mod.  I'm going back to 1.3.
  7. BUG Reports v 1.31

ChoiceCheeza said:
    Hello and great mod, I'm enjoying it.

I have found a bug with the salt mines.  I put in 10 prisoners and after one week I received 80,000,000 Schillings.  It sort of put the game on easy mode.  Is there any way to fix this without starting over?

ChoiceCheeza, I exported my character then edited my gold back down.  I then imported and continued.
  8. BUG Reports v 1.31

1. I couldn't load my 1.3 save.  There was a rgl error on troop numbers
    2.  I put 13 prisoners to work in the salt mine on day one.  They earned my 40,000,000 shillings.  That's not a typo.  There was a divide by zero warning but I was too slow to do a screen cap.

Not a bug but wow, the cost on businesses really went up.

(added)
    3.  There are still people in tournaments running around punching people while carrying big axes on their back.

9. Two handed/One handed question

it doesn't look like the damage is off.  Things look fine.
  10. Two handed/One handed question

I don't mind exporting and starting again.  I just noticed the stats and they seemed low for that type of weapon.
  11. Two handed/One handed question

So I loaded my old 1.21 save game to see how bad the item numbers had changed and it wasn't too bad.  I did see that I now had a Two/One hander sword in my inventory.  Here is my question:  Aren't the stats for those weapons the two-handed stats and to find the one-handed stats you subtract...
  12. Brytenwalda 1.3 Release 17/10/2010

you must be doing something right.  I think you swamped the repository because it is dragging.  :cool:
  13. Contest: Presents here your Warband

With the deaths of Arthur and Mordred in the same battle the land was without a king and chaos reigned.  Owain ap Mordred was too young to lay claim to what was his by right and the assassins were many so his mother boarded a ship for Armorica across the striaghts.  Even here they were not safe so she took her royal son deeper into Frankia.  It was from the Franks that Owain learned his deadly skills.  His sharp mind and quick blade helped him quickly rise through the ranks of frankish warbands.  Owain and his mother travelled the length of Frankia then into Italy.  It was in Rome, standing in the remains of a great ampitheatre, that Owain first began to realize what had been lost when the Romans left Britain.  At the tomb of Saint Peter Owain swore to return to his homeland and unite it under his banner.  The Raven Banner would once again fly over Britain but would it bring the wisdom of Woden or the death of Morrigan?  No one knows but there are scores to be settled and land to be reclamed in the name of Owain ap Mordred, King of Britannia.
    (still working on screen caps)
  14. question about marriage

it seems like there are a lot of girls whose fathers belong to other factions.  It is the first thing I check now because it seems like it takes forever even if war isn't involved.
  15. Companion like and dislike [spoiler]

Onuist doesn't like Bridei.
  16. BUG Reports / Suggestions v 1.21

Adorno said:
    You're using cheat. Be careful, the game becomes extremely boring!

If I'm cheating there's a problem with the menu.  I've never turned cheating on.  I discovered it on accident with the boat because I would ctrl+space to speed up the movement.
  17. BUG Reports / Suggestions v 1.21

I posted earlier about teleporting on boats but I've now realized I can teleport around the map.  ctrl+left click moves me to the new location.  No problem moving through East Anglia now. :smile:
  18. BUG Reports / Suggestions v 1.21

Not sure if this is a mod bug or a ship bug.  ctrl+left click allows me to teleport instantly to that location.
  19. Trading and Enterprises Tips v1.2

Flax from Licidfeath to Emain Macha.  I've seen bought it for as low as 85 and it always sells for over 500 1000.  From their stop off at Temaire or Cill Dara for iron and sell it at Caer Saegint and Llys Pengwern.  Repeat the run.  A ship cuts down on walking time.

Posted before playing 1.2 with the new prices  :oops:
  20. How Do I Start Out...?

I usually start by looking for companions while trading.  It seems like it take a bit for the prices to get stabalized but early on a Flax (Licidfeath for as low as 85 shillings) to Emain Macha (usually over 1000 shillings) helps a lot.  Same with a salt run from Eburacurum (what ever York is called) to Din Eidyn.  Salt can be sold in a lot of places, but those two runs are usually relatively free of bandits.  The Flax run is my favorite.

Finding Aelfir with his 7 trade always helps. 

Avoid the south east, it is full of Danes and Franks and if you burn the bodies they just keep coming.
Back
Top Bottom