Search results for query: *

1. Sreaction

Dealing with a More Difficult Game

I too find the combat relatively easy. I had a patch pre 1.2.x looters would fugg you up, infantry auto blocked most cavalry attacks by PC and surviving a large battle as the leader was an accomplishment. Also, tournaments seem somewhat easier too, though lords are difficult to beat especially during the early part of the game. Many battles the starting points are shortened and they seem to be focused on brevity especially siege battles. I liked the difficulty in the earlier versions, but maybe i am just adjusting to the game. In the earlier version I played I noticed my cavalry where really ineffective, took a long to to rack up kill if left to their own devices, now they seem to be more deadly. I dont have any concrete evidence though just going by feel and observation. Oh, playing bannerlord level of difficulty too, not that that is a great accomplishment or anything.
  2. Sreaction

My king doesn't give castles to me

I am not exactly sure about how the mechanics work for giving fiefs. Based on observation the person who "usually" gets the fief is the lord who owns a fief that is closest in proximity to the fief being given. For instance when I join a kingdom the king will at some time or other award me with a fief. If the next castle or town that is captured is closest to my fief, chances are It will be awarded to me. I think it has more to do with proximity than merit. So by knowing that you can pick and choose when to assault castles or towns. It seems counter intuitive but that's the way it works.
  3. Sreaction

Siege battles are weirdly bad for the defender

Ok yeah i think i know what you mean -thats when Ive been hitting Auto-Deploy lol. Honestly I find defending sieges alot harder than warband -maybe my troops are too spread out. Ill need to try your system more
    Dont know if its obvious but all the infantry I use I have in a shield wall formation. Good defending against archers and for blocking the ladder access points. makes it almost impossible for the attackers to penetrate. Though if your highly outnumbered you can for sure get overwhelmed (not enough infantry to hold back the attackers).
  4. Sreaction

You're able to separate and delegate to different Infantrys?
    At the beginning of most battles you can position you're troops, (it doesn't always allow you to in some cases the battle has already begun and you just go straight to the battle), then start the battle. All the units I position stay in place. If I need them to move somewhere I just order them, they are numbered 1,2,3...
  5. Sreaction

My strategy for defending and attacking for siege is a different approach than OP. For defence, I let the AI control the archers, for the most part, and concentrate on placement of infantry forces at access points i.e. ladder, gates, prospective siege tower approach. Usually the catapults will destroy the siege engines then all that is left are the ladders and that is wildly easy to defend, one access point to concentrate on. I rarely get casualties in the double digits.

For attacks I attack castles and towns that are weak and easier to take. Even if there is a large number of defenders the task is relatively easy, build a battering ram, then build trebuchets, the trebuchets will destroy any enemy catapults and breach the wall or walls, so in essence you have two open access points at the beginning and a potential third with the gate. I don't rely on archers I rely on movement. Either, I overwhelm one of the breaches and go open the gate or just personally bypass the defenders in the castle open the gate and send my infantry through the main gate while the two other breaches are being assaulted. The enemy quickly crumbles and is routed. It does not always work out as planned but I am successful more often than I fail.

Also, since patch 1.2.9 I am selective about defending during a siege as the mechanics changed drastically since I last played. Usually I let an attacking force wear itself out then attack the siege camp. I havent had to defend against a large force like 2300 though.
  6. Sreaction

In Progress Sieging army surrenders after first wave

I have experienced this same problem on 1.2.9. 1st I am not sure if it is intended to work like this, but nevertheless it is a horrible game mechanic. Recently I killed ~ 70 attackers and 780 surrendered after they retreated.

It does not happen every time in siege I believe it has to follow this sequence
    *break into castle under siege
    *defend the first wave

the next part is not really up to you it depends on how accurate your AI controlled catapults are.

*once catapults have destroyed all siege towers and the battering ram the enemy will use ladders to attack the castle
    (if the siege engines are not destroyed the attack will continue for a number of waves until successful or defeated)
    *after defeating the 1st wave of enemies attacking via ladder the enemy will retreat and the whole attacking force will surrender

I am not sure but come to think of it I don't think since 1.2.9 I have experienced a siege battle that lasted more than one phase, before 1.2.xx you'd defeat a full fledged attack then the army would regroup and attack again. Now either the enemy flees after having its siege engines destroyed or they attack for a number of waves then surrender or its possible the player character is defeated. No more multi phased attacks equals boring game mechanics.

Dont mean to hijack thread but I dont want to start a new one since this already exists.
  7. Sreaction

Armies

It's either I have to get around in an army of my own troops 24/7, which slow's me down preventing me from hunting the small troublsome parties.
    You mean small troublesome parties like perhaps "troublesome bandits" :unsure:

This is pretty much the crux, its either one or the other you just cant have it both way. Also, in the Kingdom screen / Diplomacy tab you can set the level of aggression for war strategy , the settings are something like aggressive, mixed, or defensive (not sure on the actual names because I am not leader of a faction right now. I cant confirm it). Even if it is set to defensive I believe in some cases they will still try to capture towns/castles though perhaps not as frequently.

I am currently playing as a lord in a kingdom and one strategy I use is to "tail" the attacking army with my own army. What usually happens is they wear themselves out on sieges then the army is destroyed and most of the lords are captured. If I tail them I can either save them from being destroyed or prevent them from being attacked in the first place. Its sorta like babysitting but different. So essentially the game mechanics require the player to adapt in unusual ways to make up for the AI's ineffectiveness.
  8. Sreaction

Siege appears to be broken

This is what happens when you break into a castle under siege.

to recreate the issue (1), have an army break into a besieged castle (2), while the army is in the castle run a few ambush missions or even just one (3), after the successful ambush wait for a few hours and watch the army management box and the lords will vacate the army (4), sally out to fight the besiegers or simply break out of the siege and the army is essentially disbanded except for the player characters unit. The player characters unit will be in the army and the former lords in the army will stay in the castle.

I suppose you could use it as an exploit to dump off a bunch of lords and their troops in a besieged castle or town, but you still have to spend the influence and I am not sure it would be worth it.
  9. Sreaction

Champion Benefits?

its 1 renown per day, not influence
    Hmmm, wishful thinking I suppose. Id rather have it be influence. At the end of the day not much motivation to stay on top of the leaderboard other than for looks.
  10. Sreaction

Resolved Accompanying Lords are ejected from army upon breaking into a castle/town under siege

Update:

This is what I think happens and its a bit complicated to recreate so please bear with me. I have an army with 6 lords attached to it. I break into Uthelaim Castle which is besieged by two Sturgian Armies. I can break in and the army seems to be intact. I do a few ambush missions, an allied army comes and engages the besieging army I choose the "sally out" option and NOW my army is disbanded. My unit sallies out but the rest of the army is left sitting in the castle. My unit is still part of an army but the six units that were attached are no longer attached. So to recreate the issue (1), have an army break into a besieged castle (2), while the army is in the castle run a few ambush missions or even just one (3), after the successful ambush wait for a few hours and watch the army management box and the lords will vacate the army (4), sally out to fight the besiegers or simply break out of the siege and the army is essentially disbanded except for the player characters unit. The player characters unit will be in the army and the former lords in the army will stay in the castle.

My previous description of the bug was not quite accurate, but I sussed out the problem and I am confident it can be reproduced.
  11. Sreaction

Champion Benefits?

I just looked at the arena/leaderboard and a tool tip comes up when you hover over the champion that says you gain 1 influence a day while champion. However each day i get 3.1 influence points for feudal inheritance and serfdom, two policies of the kingdom I am part of but not the 1 influence...
  12. Sreaction

Resolved Accompanying Lords are ejected from army upon breaking into a castle/town under siege

Could you send us a save file just before the break in?
    I could send you a save file around the same time of the bug, but I recently tried to recreate the bug and I havent been successful. If I run across it again and I can recreate it I will send it in.
  13. Sreaction

Does anyone know of a workaround or a fix for the Army disbanding when you break into a siege? This bug has completely dampened my desire to even play the game. I looked on the Nexus for mods that might fix it, overhauls and such, but most of those are either abandoned or rendered useless by game updates. None of them really address the issue anyway. At least not to my knowledge.
  14. Sreaction

Summary: How to Reproduce: In sandbox build an army and try to break into a town/castle under siege Have you used cheats and if so which: n/a Scene Name (if related): Media (Screenshots & Video): Computer Specs: OS: Win7 GPU:Radeon RX 570 GPU Driver Version: 22.6.1 CPU: FX 8350 RAM: 16 GB...
  15. Sreaction

I made a post about it, or maybe just a comment on another thread 🤷‍♂️

I liked using the ambush before the latest patch, but now it is worthless to me and I have not done a defensive siege since I noticed the change :cry:
    I think I read your comment. I assume most don't even try to defend castles or towns else there would be more commenting about it. I found it to be one of my favorite things about the game. It breaks up the monotony field battles. Its fun and challenging especially when you are outnumbered and can pull off a successful defense of your fief. IMHO making defensive sieges less likely or removing certain aspects of it, takes away from the game, its a big negative. I got an idea lets shorten and simplify the siege mechanic and have less combat during a siege. Wah?

Also, attacking during a siege is also strange, albeit Ive only tried it once during this play through. The army I helped had a battering ram but no ladders. So essentially the battle was centered in the confines of the main gate. All that need to happen to speed up the siege was a few ladders but nope they weren't available. It was literally a boring cluster **** at the gate. This is a step back I only wish used GOG galaxy so I can revert to an earlier game but I cant. :sad:

Of particular concern is the disbanding an Army when you try to break into a siege. That is definitely a bug.
  16. Sreaction

I am playing 1.2.9 and siege mechanics are wonky as ****. I am not sure what version I was playing before but it was before the release of 1.2.0 and while siege play was not perfect I could manage to advance the game minus any glaring defects. Now ambush works essentially as a stall tactic with...
  17. Sreaction

What do with prisioners? Do they get recruited to Fiefs and Strongholds?

There is mods that do that.
    But in vanilla there is a skill a governor can learn that speeds up building time. I think it is for every 3 prisoners.
    Its the eighth perk on the Steward tree. So it will be a while before you can even consider it. Then you got to remember loading a town up with prisoners isnt too smart if your town gets sacked. I assume the AI can hire captured prisoners. I just sell em all to ransom brokers.
  18. Sreaction

Archers Ignore Commands in Seiges

Tell me I am doing something wrong. This is such a pain I am done playing the game until I it works better. When defending a castle and I command that all troops come to me, any group with archers ignores me and they continue to ignore me no matter what I command. In addition to that, I set up groups at the beginning of the battle and the system creates something completely different.
    It seems the infantry I place in front of ladders on the parapet stay put, I use the shield wall command. Also if I place archers in front of a ladder they will stay put. What is problematic is the archers that dont have a los to an enemy will just stand there and not use ranged weapons (waste of resource basically), they will however defend the ladder position. I am not really sure how "auto" feature works. Before I'd just cover the ladder areas and let the archers and others do their thing. Now I micromanage a bit more. Also, I tried the "command all" (for lack of a better term) feature and it does not seem to order "all" of the units. Some units just do their own thing. Bottom line, your right the siege commands are a bit wonky. That being said I do manage to hold off superior forces with a small force consistently with little to no losses consistently so its functional.
  19. Sreaction

Endgame = mindless endless war

Endgame = mindless endless war,

Yeah, I just reached that point. I believe its the impulse of the game, all game long. It just becomes pronounced more the longer the game last. It really makes the game pointless and unplayable. I think Ive been in constant war since the around halfway through the game I am playing. As soon as I regain the upper hand in one theatre someone else declares war on me or multiple kingdoms do and so on and so on. There could be a viable diplomatic solution, but there is not. Also even when there is peace your nobles are arbitrarily forcing wars on you if your king. I guess Ill come back to the game once this is sorted out in future patches.

Back
Top Bottom