Search results for query: *

1. John_Justus

Suggestion: Multiplayer Campaign aka Line Battles with a Purpose

I was playing a little NW tonight and a thought came to me... what this game is missing is a player run campaign in the style of a tabletop hex-based war game.  In a nutshell, 2-5 teams that would represent nations on a hex based map.  The teams/nations would be composed of player regiments...
  2. John_Justus

Lack of US players...

I always just sort the servers by population and go to whichever siege or battle server has the highest population and play there.  One of my favorite things about this mod is that as long as you can block up and block down, you can still be competitive even with 180-200+ ping.

I think some of the weekday population drop might have to do with the small number of maps in rotation on the two most popular siege servers, it gets kind of boring switching back and forth between the same 3 maps.  Also battle maps can turn into long drawn out campfests, I'd like to see more open field style battle maps so the action moves along quicker.

Probably the most fun I've had in this game was on the NEC (east coast US server?) the weekend after the game came out.  An admin was having each side take turns charging at the 5:30 mark.  It kept the game moving along and was really fun to fend off those human wave attacks or go down in a blaze of glory on the attackers side.  If there was more hands on refereeing like that I'd play on whichever server it was happening on, even if the population is lower.
  3. John_Justus

Unban Request: Fallen_Loki

I was there but moved forward so didn't see who placed the crates.  It happened right after we spawned so even if it was an accident, you could understand why people would think it was on purpose.  There was also a second stack of 3 explosive crates right next to a cannon the right.

I think it was the round before, there were 4-5 guys (not Fallen or any other clan tags) who stayed at our spawn and build a couple dirt mounds against the edge of the map and put an explosive crate behind them.  When the enemy was right on top of them they lit it and blew themselves and their attackers up ending the match and it was pretty funny.  So it's possible some of these same guys or someone else put the crates down on the cannon and it was an accident.  I might have got a screenshot of the second stack of crates by the other cannon and I'll post later today if I have it.

edit: Didn't get the shot of the explosive but this is the end of the round before that I was talking about.
    mb203.jpg
  4. John_Justus

Nordous' Sceners Guild

Hello, I'm interested in learning how to make maps for Warband and the new NW dlc.  I'm still reading up on mapmaking and will start with simpler stuff but wanted to run an idea by experienced mapmakers to see if it might be doable:

It would be a sea battle map for the Napoleonic War dlc.  Both sides would spawn on ships that would have one or two decks with regular cannon and the smaller swivel gun style cannons.  The sides (lower decks) of the ship would be destructible like buildings.

Behind each ship, there would be a ramp down to multiple rowboats that would respawn every few minutes.  People could enter ships through holes blown in the side or both ships could be demasted and have preexisting damage that creates other ways to board them. 
  5. John_Justus

Your most memorable moment in NW?

Surrounding an outhouse and waiting for the last guy on the enemy team to come out.
  6. John_Justus

Problem with joining to a faction

Maybe try (on a different savegame of course) going to the Khan, asking to join the faction, then quit their faction and see if that works?
Back
Top Bottom