Search results for query: *

• Users: Ace
  • Order by date
  1. Peasants vs Knights

Chaos Llama said:
    But they haven't come out with a machine that can defeat the chess masters.

Yes they have. IBM's Deep Blue computer defeated world chess champion Garry Kasparov in 1997.
  2. Controlled Exothermic Reactions propelling the...

Orion said:
    P.S. **** off ace. Not my fault they can't sleep when i do and can't be awake when I am. Lots of times my mom is up till 2 in the morning doing things on the computer, and it generaly keeps me awake, cause she plays music a lot. Then, I'm tired as hell, and finaly get to sleep, just to wake up and realize I've been asleep for over 12 hours. Then, I'm up till 2 in the morning, still fully awake, and they yell at me to get off. Then I watch a DVD, by then im pretty tired but if not, my dad leaves at 5:20 or so, i can get on the comp and tell my mom that he woke me up on his way out.

However... being told what to do over an online forum seriously pisses me off. ESPECIALY if I'm already pissed off at other things going on, like right now. Just be a decent person, and respect me by NOT ordering me around.

Got it? Thanks.

Nice attitude, kid. No wonder your parents yell at you. Just be thankful they don't put you over their knee and give you a good paddling like you deserve.

Maybe someday you'll learn to appreciate your parents and all they do for you. At the moment, I don't hold out much hope of you ever reaching that level of maturity.
  3. Controlled Exothermic Reactions propelling the...

Orion said:
    I've also been yelled at quite a few times by parents.)

Maybe you should mind your parents and they wouldn't need to yell at you.

As far as firearms - keep them out. There are more important things for Armagan to implement - let him focus on those. Leave firearms to the folks that want to mod them in.
  4. Combat

Kniggit said:
    Well, considering im play leaning back in my chair, mouse in my lap. I would probly hit myslef in the nad REPEATEDLY.

This alone makes the idea well worthwhile.
  5. Why I Don't Use This Weapon

okiN said:
    Pikes. They're just so pointless.

Wouldn't it be more accurate to say that a club is pointless? Or a sledgehammer?

Ohhh - never mind...
  6. Forest battles

Not if its a forest made of rubber trees.
    Duh.
  7. Rewarding Weapon Proficiency

Part of the beauty and appeal of this game is its elegant yet simple combat system. If I want to protect myself, I raise my shield. I’m willing to accept the abstraction that my character is moving the shield to protect whatever needs protecting, even though it is not shown in the animation.

If you complicate the combat system unnecessarily, I think the game will lose a lot of its appeal. I would hate having to use buttons or a mouse to manually position my shield, especially if I’m trying to do this while simultaneously trying to control my horse and keep a look out for bad guys.

K.I.S.S.
  8. Kindly Desist & Revise!

Outstanding!

Are you employed in the gaming industry or just extremely insightful?
  9. Rewarding Weapon Proficiency

CrushU said:
    Plate armor, on the other hand, is about 1/2-1 inches thick.

Maybe on certain parts of a Sherman tank, but not in any suits of plate armor that I've seen.
  10. Shared serial key.

Urge your brother to purchase a serial key. This is an amazingly inexpensive game for the entertainment value it offers. And, the money goes to supporting an independent game developer, who can then use that money to make more games that we like (as opposed to many games where the money is just used to fund marketing efforts to convince us that the games are better than they really are).
  11. Why I don't want combos/special moves

Skyrage said:
    Yes, it will boil down to moves basically, but NOT any of the arcade superduper 1k damage moves, but more like different weaponplay styles and a manner of executing these...only problem is of course to come up with these things for all the diff weapon types (swords, two handed swords, axes, twohanded axes, blunt weapons, large blunt weapons etc etc) since they all are obviously different...some moves could be shared by diff types, but of course, not all of them...

I don't think it necessarily has to come down to "moves." I think improving the coordination that your enemies use could be a better solution. I've seen a single enemy attack, then fall back. If higher level enemies could be programmed to do this in a coordinated fashion, for example, especially if they were just doing it to draw your attention away from enemy archers, it would make them even more challenging.

I know AI programming is especially challenging, but I figured if anyone could do it, Armagan could.
  12. New weapons that you would like

My vote goes for a flail-type morningstar. Ipek has done such a great job on the graphics already - I can only imagine what she would do with a flail animation!
  13. Being knocked off your horse

I think this is a good idea. Just to add to it, I think there should be a chance to knock someone off their horse when you hit their shield hard enough. When a shield is employed properly, it deflects a blow. When not employed properly, it doesn't deflect the blow - it just absorbs the entire blow. In such cases, there should be a chance of knocking the rider off his horse (or, if on foot, knocking the soldier to the ground).
  14. Figuring out the Party screen

That's a big help, Hirokache! Thanks.

Ace
  15. Figuring out the Party screen

Is there an explanation of how the Party screen works? I'd especially like to know what the numbers after each party member mean. For example, when it says "Peasant ( 5/8 )" what do the 5 and 8 mean? I also see these numbers on the before battle screen and wonder if they have the same meaning...
  16. Exchanging items with unique party members

I registered just so I could sign my post. Great game, by the way.

Ace
Back
Top Bottom