Search results for query: *

1. DarthJezus

I want an explaination by the developers.

KidKoala said:
    The reactions of a lot people in this sub-forum have been really disappointing, it's sad when people post some of the bile i've seen on here the past few hours.. Play the game, report the bugs or don't play the game. Getting mad and spreading keyboard diarrhea everywhere makes me question the state of the community more than this DLC.
    Their reactions are pretty justified imho. The quality of Viking Conquest right now is pretty horrible even if it was just a free mod. I'm sure they don't doubt the devs will do their best to fix the issues people are just trying to stress how frustrating the current state of the game is and there's honestly nothing wrong with that.
  2. DarthJezus

Recruiting North American Light Infantry-15e Régiment de Voltigeurs de la Garde

Commander Millander said:
    Xoxo  m also guys keep it of the threAd
    hats uh g od iDea
  3. DarthJezus

The Champions of The Americas [Caribbean and Central America NOM]

If you imply that someone is the "best player" then a poll is not sufficient. The popularity aspect far outweighs any objectiveness that existed, I guarantee people are not voting for who they -think- is the best NA player, but who they -know- the best (i.e. people in their reg). The poll adds an incredible amount of bias. Also, all of the things Fred listed in the first page applies to melee. So in a way, this is about who the best meleer is not to mention the fact that melee is the most skillful element of the game, shooting is much more of a luck based system therefore making melee a much better medium to determine who the best player is. I'm not *****ing about the poll itself, just the fact that you're claiming this person to the best player when he is in fact not. A more appropriate title would be "most popular" NA player.
  4. DarthJezus

Frederickson said:
    1thecop said:
    DarthJezus said:
    Frederickson said:
    Those who are complaining and want a competition go ahead and make one no one is stopping you. If you just gonna ***** and complain just go some where else.
    I'm just saying that this doesn't really show who the best NA player is. This is more like who the most popular NA player is.
    Whoa, wait a minute.

How the heck are you a Sergeant Knight, Darth?

He could be using an automatic refresher for his browser like Millander did to get Grandmaster Knight.
    Obviously.
  5. DarthJezus

Frederickson said:
    Those who are complaining and want a competition go ahead and make one no one is stopping you. If you just gonna ***** and complain just go some where else.
    I'm just saying that this doesn't really show who the best NA player is. This is more like who the most popular NA player is.
  6. DarthJezus

ItosBoy90 said:
    DarthJezus said:
    This really isn't legit at all. I can list off multiple people who are better than the majority of this list. The only real way to determine the best player is hosting a tournament. Right now, it's just a popularity contest.

Who's gonna vote for a person they havn't even seen their name before or even met them?
    A tournament would fix that. It takes the bias out of it and makes it a legitimate contest about skill rather than who's the most popular.
  7. DarthJezus

This really isn't legit at all. I can list off multiple people who are better than the majority of this list. The only real way to determine the best player is hosting a tournament. Right now, it's just a popularity contest.
  8. DarthJezus

Gefreiters: Remember that you may challenge the Garde (Pointblank atm) tommorow during practice.
  9. DarthJezus

Congrats to Pointblank for being our first Garde. He went up against Krittix and it went down to the last possible kill.
  10. DarthJezus

Menelaos16 said:
    Going to go ahead and double post since none of the Korporals holding the event will.

Results of the Gefreiter - Garde Tournament 9/16/12
    Gooner has won the honor of being Garde. Garde is the most effective meleer in the regiment and holds a very high amount of respect for the code of conduct. The rank is only awarded to one Gefrieter and can change at any time. Thanks for coming out and participating.
    No, I haven't posted anything because we're re-doing the tournament tommorow. We all felt that the server was too laggy to legitimately determine the best meleer so we're doing it on a different server tommorow.
  11. DarthJezus

Patch 1.006 melee

I'm a vet (been playing since MM alpha) and have had to gone through multiple melee changes due to patches. I remember the transition from when we could swing the musket in all directions to when we could only attack in 2 directions and when we were no longer able to jump swing to kill cav. It's just a matter of getting used to it. Since the patch has just been released, we haven't had enough time to really test any counters with the new melee. As of right now, yes, the melee is a little slow and there are a lot of back and forth never-ending duels but as I said I think that's really just because we haven't explored all the options with the new melee.
  12. DarthJezus

State of Melee Part Two

Evanovic said:
    It's pretty silly to make melee a defense-focused thing when there are guns involved in the general gameplay. It just promotes camping and empowers the large and firing-focused regiments even more. Proper competitive and meaningful melee often comes when a regiment that is losing in the shooting decides to bank all it's money on getting into melee, but if the focus of melee is being defensive you're just punishing them ever more for being punished.
    Melee isn't only defensively focused, offense is just as important as defense. Defense is just more important in NW rather than MM due to having more than one lethal attack, that doesn't mean melee all of a sudden has become defense-focused.

Due to this defense-focused gameplay it generally comes to whoever gets bored or tries something complex first loses in both duel and groupfighting, when you get 2 pretty equally matched opponents.
    The exact same thing happened in MM, more actually. It was just continuous down-stabbing at each other until one just gave up.

- Loss of utility in chambering, the main thing that gives his/her attack continuity.
    - Increase of stubs and inconsistent hit-damage: creates more uncertainty for an attacker who relies on eliminating enemies fast and efficiently.
    - Loss of turning speed: when attacking you're likely going to come up against more opponents than you have allies and therefore you need agility to deal with them should they encircle you.
    I agree with all of this and they are issues that need to be fixed, especially the hit-damage.

[quote author=Hekko]If it's blockable as it is now it does not break the pacing at all, it just means that the person will have to do the same thing he would have done anyway to stay alive. And the presence and threat of chambering and the meta-game around that was what made MM melee very deep.
    [/quote]That's where holding comes in. Unless someone is really disciplined when it comes to holding, holding tends to break the pace.

Not worrying about the up attack against people like Sid or Vorlen was a sure way to get killed in MM. And spamming to be honest almost never carried the day, less than it does now due to the low turnspeed changing attack priority unpredictably due to positioning and strafing. And if you only focused on your offensive skill in MM you generally were the guy getting killed on the first held stab. And anyway a too heavy defensive focus is bad both for new players and veterans. I am fairly certain that I somewhere on the beta forum said that once people get used to blocking the upstab 1v1 melee will grow stagnant into a hit-block exchange because the heavy risk involved in trying something. And dueling Melton at the moment is exactly that, a hit block exchange where one is trying to pull off quick overheads at times hoping to get the close range unblockable overhead doing 15%-20% damage.
    I didn't mean that you just forget about the up attack entirely, my point was it wasn't as big of a deal as it is in NW. Same deal with the whole focusing on offensive skill in MM. Again, the way to counter the hit block exchange thing is to just hold your attack and it disrupts the flow, works almost every time and if they're still able to counter, then it will be a back and forth duel the rest of the time but it would also be in MM.
  13. DarthJezus

State of Melee Part Two

Yes, chambering is much more blockable in NW and I agree that the speeds should be changed but chambering has turned into more of a surprise element than anything else. For instance, you don't chamber as your primary method of attack, you duel him using an alternative method consistently like feinting or just attacking immediately after a block. They notice the pattern and expect you to keep doing it, that's when you start to chamber, when they least expect it which makes the lower speeds not as big of a disadvantage. This works most of the time but it doesn't really matter, chambering wasn't ever really effective to begin with, it's one of the easiest things to counter (holding).

MM in 1v1s was mostly a spamfest, not a lot of skill involved. You only had to really worry about the down attack considering the up attack wasn't lethal. In NW, however, the down and up attacks are both lethal. This makes you improve your defensive skill rather than in MM where you really only focused on your offensive skill. If they just touch-up a little bit on the animations/speed/hitboxes then I think this is easily better than MM melee.
  14. DarthJezus

State of Melee Part Two

Hekko said:
    Anyone can beat anyone, it's about ratios. And anyway, who are you? What regiment is Bot in? How many groupfighting tournamnets has he won? How many competitive events has he won? Have you played the people I mentioned? Ultimately though this has nothing to do with performance, even if Bot has godmode enabled and cannot be killed, everyone complaining can still beat the majority of the community, so the driving force is unrelated to performance. Thus bringing in a performance based argument is wrong regardless of how you take it i.e. either that you like NW because you are doing so well playing it, or that MM is  awesome because it was so easy to kill noobs there etc.
    Who am I? Does it matter? I fail to see the relevance. Also why does it matter what regiment Bot is in (which I'm pretty sure he's not in one)?

Problem is, these two attack directions, once you learn how to block them, they offer very little offensive potential. In MM a plethora of ways were avialable to get around someones block, where as in NW you only have feinting that is effective, and even then once people can follow your feints the whole fight stagnates. There's a lot of twitching, but not alot of stuff happening. The requirement for teamwork is lower due to the more lethal nature of upstabs since the timing aspect is taken out. Etc. And please see the section above to see where you went wrong with the l2p argument.
    If you learn how to block (which is much more important in NW than MM) it doesn't matter if your up attack is lethal or not since you have the same amount of directional attacks as MM. Please list these "plethora" of ways you could get around a block in MM that you can't do in NW. You can do more than feinting to get around blocks in NW such as holding, chambering, spinning which you can all do in MM as well, but NW is not limited to feinting. The timing aspect still exists, if someone is consistently blocking your attacks, someone else comes in and attacks the opposite direction at the same time. I still think NW takes more skill than MM melee mainly because of the necessity of being able to block which most people seem unable to do.
  15. DarthJezus

State of Melee Part Two

Hekko said:
    gokiller said:
    Excuse me if I missed something...  :oops: But why would he need to beat one of these players to voice his opinion about your thread?

If his opinion is that everyone who shares my opinion are bad he should atleast be able to beat them to be honest. If one makes a performance based argument one ought to have the pefromance to back it up, and even then as you quite righly point out, it's dubious at best.
    Have you ever seen Bot in melee? He's pretty damn good and I can say with confidence that he can beat any of the people you listed if ping weren't an issue.

There's nothing wrong with the NW melee, I prefer it actually. It requires a lot more skill in terms of blocking considering you have to actually worry about more than one direction of attack (1v1) and teamwork is a still a factor. It's not like someone who just got the game can join a server and get on the top of scoreboard every round, it requires skill (more so than MM in my opinion). Anyone who is overhead spamming just isn't good at melee. They aren't exploiting some ****-up in the melee, they just suck and if you can't counter spammers then you aren't good at melee. I love fighting against up-stabbing spammers, that way I just have to worry about one direction and I can easily counter. The way to fix it is people just have to get better at melee.
  16. DarthJezus

Good training and scrimmage guys. Our melee has improved overall and our shooting was excellent as usual.
  17. DarthJezus

My testicles are unable to produce sperm now due to the excessive jizzfests I've had after all the recent battles.
  18. DarthJezus

What is your steam name? : delta583 (Nickname: DarthJezus)

Do you have a mic? : Yes

What is your in game name? : DarthJezus

Do you have, or are you able to get, Teamspeak 3? (Required) : Have it.

Will you be active and participate with the regiment starting day one? : I should be active.

What is your experience in the mod?  I've been playing MM since the alpha came out for Warband when the linebattles were between 10 guys (good ol' days). I just got NW a week ago but my MM experience helps a lot.

IF you have been in a regiment before write why you left.: I was part of the first 5 or 6 guys who made the 92nd and stayed with them for a long time. I left because I eventually lost interest in MM. I've been in a couple other regiments for other mods as well.

In which country are you located? (We only Accept North Americans) : USA

What is your age? 16

How did you hear about our regiment? : From a friend.

Do you swear to uphold the code of conduct and fulfill your obligations to the regiment? : Yes
  19. DarthJezus

[Warband][M] The Wild Wind - Old west roleplaying (patch released!) [Old Thread]

Is anyone else getting 10 fps on lowest settings while you get 90-120 fps on native on high settings? That's what's happening to me and it's unplayable.
Back
Top Bottom