Search results for query: *

1. Tancred_de_Houdan

The Official Art thread

I keep wondering what is that brass thingie hanging from the guy's belt, but can not figure it out. It looks like a brass knuckle, but it only has 3 fingerholes and why would he carry one if he already has a sword and a dagger.
    It's a hanger for separate tools/keys :smile:
    For whatever reason, good luck... or perhaps he's just lost all the damn keys. Y'know... red key, gold key... all used up, see ? :grin: (Doom flute plays)
  2. Tancred_de_Houdan

The Official Art thread

Ghoulash
    ghoulash_by_finstabilized_deqiini-fullview.jpg
  3. Tancred_de_Houdan

The Official Art thread

"Lady with Crossbow"

dama_con_balestra_by_finstabilized_deg9n3y-fullview.jpg
  4. Tancred_de_Houdan

The Official Art thread

A drawing of some dude with a funny haircut and a dog.
    welcome__by_finstabilized_deeleam-fullview.jpg
  5. Tancred_de_Houdan

The Official Art thread

Inspired by a Swedish group involved in researching and reenacting "The Medieval Hunt"

huntsman_with_spear_by_finstabilized_dec0eg8-fullview.jpg
  6. Tancred_de_Houdan

Funny historic art

Haha! It almost looks like a caricature of an angry Asian fellow, but I guess it's just the slit, mail and reinforcement bars :grin:
  7. Tancred_de_Houdan

What pissed you off today? v. VI

Hypermarket opening times:
    Google: Open Now 8-23
    FB page: Open Now 8-23
    Main page: Open Today 8-23

Actual building with a paper sticker: 12-23

:smile: I am slightly miffed.
  8. Tancred_de_Houdan

General History Questions thread

Didn't button spacing indicate their regiment? I vaguely remember the Guards Regiments have differently spaced buttons in the UK.
    Could be practical too as you said, with the written documents... but it's safer to have a special container for those.
  9. Tancred_de_Houdan

Best-dressed Warrior

Ah, yes... Katze in a Mütze

Pretty cool, though. Like them feathers!
  10. Tancred_de_Houdan

What's on your mind?

Simple, nobody plays Hero Wars.
    :grin: Bots are people too, they play that and probably rate it aswell...
  11. Tancred_de_Houdan

What's on your mind?

I was thinking why a certain mobile game exists. Irritating ads with some goofy-looking dude as the hero and a bunch of dumb sequence-puzzles.
    Its one of those weird "other dimension liminal space woowoo" games where all negative criticism kinda is memory-holed :grin:
    Easier to find articles on how The Witcher 3 is awful, but not about Hero Wars...
  12. Tancred_de_Houdan

Write Your Poems To Here

I think it's more prose - a short story - than poetry. Nice story.
    You use the archaic "wouldst thou ..." but not consistently, changing between 'you' and 'thou'. My English teacher would scold you for that.
    Thanks! Is there a section here for short stories too? I think I missed it. I vaguely remember one, but I couldn't find it at the time.

Yeah, my thouses are a bit all over the place. But isn't "you" like a formal singular and also plural? I was lazy anyway. So scolding is appropriate :grin:
  13. Tancred_de_Houdan

Write Your Poems To Here

Do poems have to rhyme? I wrote a thing and voiced it too. lol weird accents galore.
    Lost a few braincells finding the right app to edit it with.
    Inspired by a few myths and legends :grin:

14. Tancred_de_Houdan

Say cheese: reenactment style

Greetings from the future! Where the hell is everybody? lol

I made a thing. It's a hat. I decided to make some stuff myself, I can learn stuff and save a wee bit of money.

eqscm.jpg
  15. Tancred_de_Houdan

Gun wankery

Jeez, that looks like airborne rust rather than dust!
    I'm already frustrated by European dirt road dust lol! How the hell did you maintain it? :grin: Oily dust cakes!
  16. Tancred_de_Houdan

Gun wankery

You mean the headspacing go and no-go gauges?
    Yep.

Here's another I dug up. 2006 phone camera technology!
    I think this might be a Norwegian reflex sight, came with the soft-mount.

3DEUL.jpg
  17. Tancred_de_Houdan

What is the point of trolling/insulting people in videogames?

You monster.

I was just following orders! :grin:

One has to define what is trolling/insulting?
    I can definitely see an apparently more mature person just posting targeted and very insulting stuff with intent to cause emotional suffering as quite vile.
    The person has figured out what hurts the other and keeps attacking, maybe brings a few mates along who bring their mates. That's bad.
    Figuring out personal information and doxing people. That's bad.

But calling someone a "Significantly undersized reproductive organ!" several times in an hour during a multiplayer session? Dunno. Who'll make the rules? lol
  18. Tancred_de_Houdan

Gun wankery

The older models are definitely available for training purposes, those you screw in and fiddle with a bunch of keys.
  19. Tancred_de_Houdan

What is the point of trolling/insulting people in videogames?

Example from Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy back in 2003
    I used to place DETPACKS/Sensor mines in doorways on role-playing servers.
    Snipe "rich" people collecting collectables and then stealing it to give to other people who were starting out. Or just wait until people would track it and come looking for it... only to be disintegrated.
    And of course there was taunting - not severe, but rather saying things like: "Oops?"

It was fun. It's a game.
    Label me as a psychopath, but I'm not. Not even with anti-social tendencies if you want to go all DSM V on me.

Edit: In video games, if it has guns and boombas, they will go pew and boom.
    I can understand social media, like trolling people on facebook or this Instagroin or whatever it is.
Back
Top Bottom