Search results for query: *

1. DarkSoul

Help making tweaks to a mod?

I apologise if this is the wrong place to post this, and even more so if no one wants to/can help me, but I was hoping that someone might be able to help me make some tweaks to the latest version of Perisno? This isn't with the intention of making a submod but purely for my own game. Sorry if...
  2. DarkSoul

Disabling defections?

I take it no one is able to answer my question then :lol:
  3. DarkSoul

Disabling defections?

Hello! I was wondering if there is any easy way to completely disable lords defecting or being indicted for treason? Purely for personal reasons, I just prefer the factions to stay as they are! I know PoP has an option for this, so I thought I may as well ask to see if it can be done.
  4. DarkSoul

You are a salesman: make me hire the units of your favorite faction

Are you tired of no one understanding your angsty emo ways?

Tired of popular folks trying to force you to wear coloured clothing?

Do you have a fetish for all things pointy, clandestine or demonic?

Like brooding?

Or maybe you're just salty because those douchey Dawn jocks wouldn't let you in their ultra-hip beachfront frat house?

Then do we have an offer for you! Knights of the Eventide!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mission in crappy conditions? We already live in a **** hole!

Listen to Fall Out Boy? We don't judge!

Need travelling companions? We'll make you seem happy by comparison!

All you'll have to do to gain our allegiance is overcome a huge negative relationship through mind numbing hours and hours of waiting for us to emerge from our caves, following us around (if we dont attack you first), watching us charge headlong into impossible odds and save our asses from total destruction! Would the Dawn put you through such a rigorous screening process? I don't think so! (We are just that professional!)

Knights of the Eventide. For when even the Ebony Gauntlet is too mainstream!

(Disclaimer: If you actually listen to Fall Out Boy then please don't apply for our services. Like seriously, don't even bother. Like, ever)

Eventide Inc.
    Tomorrow's heresy, Today!
  5. DarkSoul

How to give up village as king and change kingdom culture?

harut2k said:
    No! Last time I did that my questions just got ignored. I'll stick to using threads, thank you very much.

Well....... thats you told then Dev team!
  6. DarkSoul

[DISCUSSION] Fan Suggestion Thread

Brew said:
    An upgrade path for monks and Pilgrims,
    For most of the game I didn't have an issue with them and my most hated units where hero adventurers(beating me in tourneys), but ever since I have founded my own kingdom and recruited some lords monks and pilgrims have become a plague.
    Any lord that spends some time chasing bandits ends up with loads of these in their army, they typcially end up as most common troops type in their armies as they don't upgrade unlike the mighty farmers and peasant women.
    In large battles I always see a few of them clogging up my infantry line while the opposing armies never field any in the first few waves.
    Roland at one point had 40 pilgrims and 30 monks in his army and this is why he was getting beating by the singalians as they add little to no combat power and slow down the lord which ensures he can't escape.
    I always tended to friendly fire them but with high surgery skill they mostly end up wounded and all I achieve is wasting arrows and time on them.
    When capturing prisoners I take them and disband them but still some of them end up getting shared out amongst my lords.
    Agathon in SS below has 49 pilgrims/monks and while having an army size of 320ish he is almost as slow as Ikram who has an army of 550 and its because of the hordes of monks and pilgrims

OPx09Pb.jpg

There are 2 robber units, one has an upgrade path and the other dosen't
    There is also 2 bandit(might be brigand) units and one has an upgrade path while the other dosen't
    Maybe allow mystmountain raiders be upgraded to warriors

Concerning that upgrade path for Monks and Pilgrims. From my perspective Pendor seems to be a land steeped in religion, and even though there are religious Orders like the Dawn and Eventide, it seems to me that they would only except the best of the best into their ranks. Unfortunately, most people are not the best of the best, but may be touched by religious fervour just as potently as a monastic knight. I could easily see such bands of people (like pilgrims and monks) coming together to go upon their own mini crusades to uphold the ideals of their faith, and over time grow in experience and battle prowess. Thus why not have an uprade path that will allow monks to become Flagellants/Battle Pilgrims? (Warhammer reference but you get my point!)

Obviously they will never be elite fighters but it could add a cool element to the game that would show the common man's crusade against evil or, y'know, something like that, and give armies that end up with a lot of useless Monks and Pilgrims in them have an option to turn them into something more useful.

Just my brain fart for the day! :smile:

Actually to hell with it, i'm adding these guys to my game anyway!
  7. DarkSoul

[MEDIA] Prophesy of Pendor Screenshots

Vajor said:
    DarkSoul said:
    Have to admit I am loving my new computer! Still cant believe how smoothly it runs with all settings on max, max BS and WSE's infinite corpses on. Makes for some beautiful, if not grizzly, scenes...  :grin:

vfgYZyY.jpg

If you don't mind me asking, how did you get the infinite corpses to work? I keep getting an unsupported version error.

Ehm, to tell you the truth, I dont know  :???:

I kept getting that error message as well at first and cant remember how I sorted it. It may have involved using the previous version of WSE? Or maybe downgrading the Warband version?
  8. DarkSoul

Not to mention what those Assassin ambushes would be like....  :shock:
  9. DarkSoul

Leonion said:
    DarkSoul said:
    Have to admit I am loving my new computer! Still cant believe how smoothly it runs with all settings on max, max BS and WSE's infinite corpses on. Makes for some beautiful, if not grizzly, scenes...  :grin:

vfgYZyY.jpg
    :shock:
    Max like ~500?
    And without any lags?

Graphics is generally not an issue on good PCs, but my still lags because of AI calculations (that are processed by CPU).

Yip! 512 I think the max is? I'm as surprised as you, believe me! I didnt think it would handle so well considering the age of Warband's 32 bit limitations. There is a tiny bit of lag if I look directly at the main fight but nothing that makes the game unplayable.

PS I have reinforcement waves set to unlimited :smile:
  10. DarkSoul

[BUGS] Support Thread for v3.8+

k0nr@d said:
    Mayoringram said:
    Hello,

I'm currently facing a visual bug with Veccavian Plate armor, it looks new version on the inventory slot but not when you wear it. Don't know If it's end up on my side or not but you guys might wanna check it out.

Here's 3 screenshots of the situation.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I fully downloaded the 3.8 at the release and patched in order. Save file is new in 3.8.4 and tried also with the female character, still same. Don't know downloading full 3.8.4 might fix it though  :roll:

Regards  :smile:
    Sorry, but I can't see a bug - it is the same model all the time, just some light is applied on hero miniature.

Probably some confusion because the pauldrons look different between the icon and the actual worn armour.
  11. DarkSoul

I dont think its overclocked. I've definetly not done anything to make it so.

GPU is a GeForce GTX 980 Ti
  12. DarkSoul

k0nr@d said:
    DarkSoul said:

vfgYZyY.jpg
    Could you share spec, please?

No problem! From the DxDiag

Time of this report: 10/7/2016, 12:10:46
                Machine name: DESKTOP-UMTF22V
                  Machine Id: {19618936-FC01-4DA8-81D8-21D3BC7587EA}
            Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 14393) (14393.rs1_release.160915-0644)
                    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
          System Manufacturer: System manufacturer
                System Model: System Product Name
                        BIOS: 9003
                    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.5GHz
                      Memory: 16384MB RAM
          Available OS Memory: 16312MB RAM
                    Page File: 4956MB used, 21356MB available
                  Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
              DirectX Version: DirectX 12
          DX Setup Parameters: Not found
            User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
          System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
              DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
                    Miracast: Available, with HDCP
    Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
              DxDiag Version: 10.00.14393.0000 64bit Unicode
  13. DarkSoul

k0nr@d said:
    Chii said:
    Anyone else thinks that normal arena giving 2000 gold per win is abit too much? I just did the same arena twice in a row in Avendor and got 4000 in a very short time (it's easy too).

Perhaps lower it a bit to 750-1000? Or make it so you can only get the 2000 prize once per city (the first time, after that you get 500-750) and add an achievement for completing it in all cities? (if there isn't an achievement like that already)
    And, if you manage to win it 100 times in a row, you will end up with 200k. What about 1000 times ... the true golden mine.

Winning the arena is not extremely complicated, but time consuming and boring process. Personally can't do more then two in the row (only at the beginning of my adventure, for prof and gold) and prefer to spend my game time elsewhere.

Same here. Though from an RP point of view I tend to do it when my character is waiting for orders to keep his skills sharp.
  14. DarkSoul

vfgYZyY.jpg
  15. DarkSoul

Ralyks18 said:
    DarkSoul said:
    Chii said:
    Anyone else thinks that normal arena giving 2000 gold per win is abit too much? I just did the same arena twice in a row in Avendor and got 4000 in a very short time (it's easy too).

Perhaps lower it a bit to 750-1000? Or make it so you can only get the 2000 prize once per city (the first time, after that you get 500-750) and add an achievement for completing it in all cities? (if there isn't an achievement like that already)

You realise that if you bet 500 on yourself in every round and you win the tournament, you walk away with 19900 gold right? 2 tourneys in a row and thats 39800 gold straight into your pocket!

2000 a win without bets really isnt that much!  :smile:

But victory in the tournament rewards officially 200 denars in native (i think its the same in PoP, but it may be bit higher), which is 10 times less for something that is more exclusive. Yup, you can bet 100 denars every round and if you win, you'll get 3.980 from your bets + 200. But bets are not like the arena, they are a high risk-high reward (specially early game, where you're hella weak), arena is a safe as it costs nothing. If you play properly (without scum saving), you only have a single chance to make it (rarely two) and if you dont, you'll aswell lose 100-600 denars (depending on which stage you drop).

Arena's reward should be toned down (as you can spam it as often as you need without having any penalty or cost) and base reward from tournaments should be increased.

Oh sorry my bad, I misread and didnt realise it was the arena and not the tournament he was talking about! Still, beating 40 odd opponents in the arena is no small thing, especially when half the time they all gang up on you at one point. 2000 seems like a pretty decent award to me
  16. DarkSoul

Chii said:

You realise that if you bet 500 on yourself in every round and you win the tournament, you walk away with 19900 gold right? 2 tourneys in a row and thats 39800 gold straight into your pocket!

2000 a win without bets really isnt that much!  :smile:
  17. DarkSoul

[LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Fairly certain that Sarimish is just south of Laria. I think it always starts with no owner, could be wrong though.
  18. DarkSoul

Ralyks18 said:
    DarkSoul said:
    Ralyks18 said:
    DarkSoul said:
    Is there anyway to reactivate the bandit attack opening scene when you start a new game?

Sure, and its pretty easy!

Ha very funny! I'm presuming thats a No then?

Alike the (unfinished) content from the Myst Quest, it was deleted as it was not going to be in. The rest of this quest is still available (but now its options), but now simply it doesnt force you to waste almost a minute (wait till he comes for you, beat him, wait for the merchant to come for you, talk, spawn in his house, talk, talk, talk, talk and finally free) for no reward... (well, 20 exp)

I know, I know, its just I miss that mugger sometimes :sad:
  19. DarkSoul

Ralyks18 said:
    DarkSoul said:
    Is there anyway to reactivate the bandit attack opening scene when you start a new game?

Sure, and its pretty easy!

Ha very funny! I'm presuming thats a No then?
  20. DarkSoul

Back
Top Bottom