Search results for query: *

1. Final version improvement checklist.

OK don't know if this has been said (didn't find anything in search) but the most annoying glitch in the game (in my opinion) is that you cant stop once you start raiding a town. i mean the comps can do it why should i just sit there and say "ya ill fight off there entire nations army so i can finish up here" its total crap and ruins the game for me
  2. Final version improvement checklist.

sumguy720 said:
    I've trained with one handed weapons, and the connections between punching and swinging are very apparent. I've also been warned many times not to swing my weapons like baseball bats. You need to use all muscles in your arm effectively and efficiently. I can't say anything about axes, as I have never been trained with them, but I'm sure that domestic tools/sports/martial arts all have different requirements for swinging things well.

Peasants probably swing swords like baseball bats.

ok i was a lil tired when i rote it and didn't describe it perfectly. i didnt mean to say it was prefect or that they should swing swords like a bat only that you "swing" a sword its not a thrust your hand forward thing (thrust excepted) also the sword i have (and use) in a hand and a hald bastard sword and it takes a bit of efort to move it correctly one handed. so my view is a lil slanted twords more powerful swings. still fast and controled just with a bit more wined. sorry for any confusion
  3. Your Progress So Far on Warband

name: Roslin

Faction: Orlain (used to be Rhodoks)

lvl: 35

Renown: 1249

Honor: 116

RtR: 56

army: 113

days: 316

path of destruction: trying to figure out what happend to the Rhodok lords now that i took there last castle.
  4. Siege battle still sucks

towns and some one told me that you have to have things just right to get a street fight but they do happen. ill just have to test it with less troops and see if that works
  5. AI broken on Battles on version 1.110

its much better now thou i still see a few do it. you can always tel when to menny calvery start doing it because they will dismount. also mine where "orbiting" set grid locations not objects if i pushed them out of orbit by walking next to them with my horse sometimes they would get free and sometimes they would orbit the next grid point over(about 4 or 5 horse lengths)
  6. no street fight. bug?

thanks evry one thats all i wanted to know :grin:
  7. Final version improvement checklist.

first my own idea. (sorry if it was already covered)

i think you should have the option to build ladder or towers and also as sead above the ladder should be just that ladder"s" at least 2 or 3 as no one in there right mind (1000 years ago) would try to take a wall with one ladder. sure i get it smaller scale but keep it to scale aka 2 or 3 not 20-30.

Eogan said:
    Projectiles while running
    The penalty for throwing, archery, and crossbows while running is ridiculously overstated.  For reference, see the game of "Baseball".  In reality, it would be easier to compensate for the movement of your own body than it would be to compensate for being on a moving horse.  I suggest that the penalty be a doubling of the reticule size, perhaps +50% for throwing.  Bad aim becomes wild, but good aim is only slightly less accurate.

Back-slung shields. (Eogan)
    Still way too high.  the top of the shield should be about shoulder height, not higher than the person's head.  This is especially noticable with the lowered 3rd-person camera.  They block an annoyingly large portion of the screen.

Weapon animations.
    It's been said plenty of times before, but the swings in-game are ridiculous.  Every shot swings from the shoulder, when they should be a lot more economical and compact.  Poles can use a counter-levered attack.  Two-handers should combine a counter-lever motion with a short swing.  One-handed blows should be closer to a punch than a tennis swing:  it's more powerful, more accurate, and much faster.

Carts & Wagons (Kelpo)
    This is my most ambitious suggestion here (and perhaps over the line for this thread), but I still think that if you're going to make the player watch over the mundanities of collecting & selling loot, babysitting upset NPC's, and manually controlling the party's food supply, that the "baggage train" shouldn't be abstracted.  A player should get:
    • 1 inventory slot for every infantry member of their party (every footman has a back-pack).  Putting a horse in one of these slots makes that infantry act as a mounted unit for travel.
    • 1 horse slot below the party inventory.  When you put a horse in the open horse slot, it creates a cart/wagon slot beside the horse, the inventory slots for the horse below it, and a new empty horse slot below that.
    • When you put a multiple-horse-drawn cart in the cart slot, it should create slots equal to the maximum number of horses that can be hitched to it.
    Reference image

Fatigue and Camping (AvaRice)
    Long marches w/o sleep should have a drastic effect on morale.  AI parties should also camp at night.

OK i agree with the rest but want to say a few things about these.

Projectiles while running.

stirups make a huge difference and it is much easier to fire a bow or cross Bow (whale standing) from the saddle. throwing is different because you use your body's momentum and should be easier wile running than riding

Back-slung shields

yes your right but i think they did it to protect the back of your head from head shots

Weapon animations

have you ever swung a sword? how about a hammer? bat? anything with the intention of building power or doing damage?
    i can guaranty you swing from the shoulder and the closest thing to a punch that would be effective is a really wild round house (thees aren't fencing swords). think chopping fire wood with a hatchet and you have the right motion for a downword swing with a onehanded sword.

Carts & Wagons

cool idea but i think its assumed that you have them and are taken car of for you. but i agree with the larger army's should get a bonus to how much they can carry

Fatigue and Camping

not sure but i think this is why you move at have speed at night. it would be more realistic to cave to camp every night but it would also be very annoying to the less "hardcore" players. i would suggest making it an option

OK that's it cor my critiquing right now.
  8. no street fight. bug?

both times they had just over 300 and i had about 220 the first and 270 the second
  9. no street fight. bug?

so i have taken 2 towns now and it always ends after the taking of the wall. no street and no last stand. might it be that way because i had slightly fewer (but better) troops than them or is it some kind of bug? i remember doing a last stand in a castle when i first got the game but that was...
  10. I broke Ragnar

i told about 8 nobles to take the same castle you have to find the one who got there first and make a suggestion that we can take it together
  11. Siege battle still sucks

hay at least you get street fights all i get is the wall then its over. sure all i have to do is take the walls but wheres the fun in that. i could go take a castle for just walls. anyone know how to fix it so i can do the hole siege?
  12. Can't Raise Right to Rule...Major Glitch

first of all you dont have to take a fief to et RtR just start a war and make peace (aka attack pesents or a caravan) if you dont own any fiefs then the king will usaly say "you are just a thorn in my side i have more pressing matters" or somthing and poof your at peace with about 12 RtR. :grin:
    and if you compleat an entire campair i think you gain RtR (AkA you are sommond to a marshal report to him then fallow him till the war is over or you get the quest compleat message for the "Fallow _____" quest. some times he will give you other things to do but when your fineshed with them you still need to fallow him till the end) :arrow:

second i have had the glitch where your companions are in a castle you take and then they are buged. good news they will show up in tavers bad news when you ask them back all you get is the option to hire solders.this might have been fixed
  13. AI broken on Battles on version 1.110

wow bug even happens when you dont take the feald got down to "No casualty" for both sides 10 times in a row
  14. AI broken on Battles on version 1.110

this is bordering on the fallout 3 BS "oh but we fixed THAT bug" pisses me off more than anything ells. if i have to deal with a bug that is anoying for a week so they can test the patches befor then send them then i will be more than happy to do :evil:

thou i have to say its funny to walk up to the enimy and kick them to death cuz they wont move  :lol:
  15. On Controversy

just found that if there are any nobles from your faction in prison and you are the King/queen you gain contraversy quick. and its probly the same for being a marshal
Back
Top Bottom