Search results for query: *

1. Ozmono

How the hell do I get high tier armor?

Did they do anything about smithing parts? They are broken af imo. I smithed and smelted endlessly, and got exactly 0 parts that I wanted.
    Not yet. They said it's coming though. That you can choose your upgrade. Can't remember where. Well to be fair they kind of improved it. You do seem to get a decent amount of parts with crafting orders comparatively with what you'd get crafting and smelting a similar tiered weapon. That is without perks. Still that is why I am still abusing two handed swords. With perks smithing and smelting high tier two handed swords is quickest way to get parts. Or so it seems to me only because you get back some mats.
  2. Ozmono

In my previous playthrough I smithed the best possible two handed swords and sold for 70 000. They costed about 5 fine steel and 4 themastene steel if I remember correctly. If I am counting correctly, it costs about 112 timed as much as the ****ty javelins that sell for 10k. Also, there are polearms for 4 fine steel that sell for 60-70k
    Yeah still insane and I have abused two handed swords. Better now though. They go for about 40k without perks. So with the perk that would still be about that. That is premo though. The lower tier stuff and crafting orders is a step in the right direction. That is high tier stuff is still out of whack. Anyway happy to comment over there. I posted in that thread on that topic a bit ago. So I won't turn your thread into a duplicate.
  3. Ozmono

What patch are you on? Im on 1.5.10. For me, vanilla game, javelins costing 1 wrought iron, 1 wood and 1 charcoal sell for 10 000. A mod I am using cuts smithed item prices in half, but smiting is still pure cheese regardless
    I'm on 1.6.0.

I never even abused it to be honest. Was just joking and going on what I heard about them. Ask me about two handed swords and I'll tell you a different story though.
  4. Ozmono

So I just craft a ****load of those economy breaking polearms or javelins and ill be getting more high tier gear?
    Javelins are so last patch :wink:

Seriously though, less gamey then cheat coding or modding it in :smile:
  5. Ozmono

No, but what I've found is that once you own a bunch of "tier 6" items, they start showing up in towns. So I would recommend LootEveryone and LootLord mods if you're tired of waiting.
    That'd explain why I was getting them at clan tier 2 and 3. Which brings me to the point. Smithing will get you tier 6 weapons quickly too. If you get lucky with blades a tier three blade will have enough cut damage on it to get close if not to 6 itself.
  6. Ozmono

On Crafting Orders

5RMsCxr.jpg
    The problem is the number of parts overall. 383 for OneHanded alone. And the majority of them have exactly the same stats.
    I will give you an example. I play Sturgia mostly and Vlandia from time to time.
    For Sturgia i need 10 parts in total. 2 for OneHanded Axe, 2 for TwoHanded Axe, 4 for a Lance, 2 for a javelin.
    For Vlandia i need 10 parts in total. 4 for TwoHanded sword, 4 for a Lance, 2 for Throwing Axe.
    10 parts out of 1201? less than 1%. My chances to get what i want are minimal.
    The overall need for parts for weapons will be no higher than 20 TOPS. I don't care how the weapon looks, i need a tool which means all i care about is functionality.
    I ask you to simply understand the frustration RNG system cause. I took me 9 hours straight to unlock the parts i need. And last two parts i only managed to unlock almost at the very end. 1201 parts in total in the game, i understand all of them are assets i understand all of them are man-hours. But it is simply frustrating because my Smith hit 330 long before i managed to get all the parts i wanted. Not to mention additional levels for him and the supporting companions.
    If i will decide to run Vlandia in 1.6.0 i will not engage in Smithing at all, because i don't want to and will not go through the process of unlocking all the parts again. Smithing is basically dead for me as a feature of the game.
    I agree with the above that there are just too many parts for the functionality of the end weapon. Whilst the weapons are beautiful and it's cool to just design something that looks amazing, as is mentioned, there just isn't enough functional difference to justify the count of parts. I think there is room to stretch the functionality out a little but yeah, 350 or so one handed parts is a tough ask.

I have three suggestions on how to make use of more of those beautiful parts.

1. Have a more detailed physics and combat system. I could elaborate on that, such as if you hit with a handle it would only do a little blunt damage and so on for varying degrees of cut, pierce damage and so on and I'm sure we could beat it to death but I think that ship has sailed.

2. Add non combat benefits such as aesthetics or a simple buff to social skill. A golden hand guard wouldn't provide as much hand armor for instance but it would be impressive. So you could add some variety that way too.

3. Have tags, such as material, or general style to parts whilst having certain orders requesting aforementioned tags. As in, wants a double edged or curved blade etc.

Or better yet some sort of combination of the above but even then I don't quite see the need for so many parts.

I've noticed a few bugs.

I've failed crafting quest and been significantly underpaid even when overdelivering on specs.
    I've also had succesful attempts when I haven't got relation increase with the notables when using a companion even when the companion had the related perk.
    Unfortunately I can't report them as I play ironman mode.

Also still seems widely unbalanced. That I can supply and arm (sometimes better than I bother arming myself) a small army with the profits of indvidual weapon sales doesn't help to create a suspension of disbelief. That said I still enjoy the feature and it's coming along nicely. It seems a step in the right direction, as mentioned in this thread, seems less cheaty.

Finally I'd add my name to everyone who would like to be able to supply their own troops and craft armor.
  7. Ozmono

SP - General Inter-party training battles.

What I'd like? I'd like the ability to train my troops with my own troops. I'd like to be able to have a practice fight with my troops. Experience, the occassional death and wounded as a result. How I imagine it? I imagine a button or way on the campaign map to intiate a sort of "custom...
  8. Ozmono

F&S Bugs Thus far

I'm having random crashes to the desktop during multiplayer. I cannot see a pattern to them yet, they appear random. Please let me know if you need my specs or any other info.

Cheers.
  9. Ozmono

Where do we report WF&S bugs? Here?

Sushiman said:
    I'm going to dumb this down or you. You post them in that thread. Understand?
    I'm done speaking to you. If someone who knows what they are talking about confirms they want it there than I'll post it there. It's a very unorganised way of recording possible bugs and you'll forgive me if I don't take your word for it.
  10. Ozmono

Sushiman said:
    There's a search bar, top left. Use it.
    You still didn't answer the question and if you actually followed your own advice you'd see that it's legitimate question as it isn't addressed anywhere that is readily found. Do they really want everyone posting every possible bug in that sticky you mentioned? I doubt it.
  11. Ozmono

Sushiman said:
    http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,168308.0.html

Read the fecking stickies.
    You should too or atleast read my question before being an arse. It says known bugs thus far not post bugs here. Or do you expect me to read every post in that sticky?
  12. Ozmono

I'm want to know if WF&S bug reports go here. WF&S keeps crashing in MP.
  13. Ozmono

When can we download, if anyone knows?

Not sure but steam still has 12 hours to go. I bought from gamersgate but I expect it to be the same.
  14. Ozmono

When can we download, if anyone knows?

Sir David of Derby said:
    This pisses me off. It's May 3rd, I want my product. I paid for it. Why should I have to wait?
    Chill out, same goes for almost every game. It's an international release so even if they let people play it instantly on the 3rd people from other parts of the globe could winge.
    Steam says 12 more hours to go atm.
  15. Ozmono

I really disaprove of the way this is being sold to unsuspecting consumers

I don't know what some people are expecting from an indie developer unless they are graphics whores and cannot get over that the engine is the same. Infact alot of triple A sequels charge full price and don't try to offer as much feature improvements as what this game promises to. I also understand alot of the features have already made appearances in some mods but when putting it all together at this price, it'll be hard to go wrong buying it.

If you disagree you don't have to buy it but calling it a scam and so on is way out of order.
  16. Ozmono

Fire & Sword - more of the same?

I bought the game and am looking forward to it. The only reason I expect it to be more of the same is because of the excellent work modders did in previous mount & blade games. As far as native versions of mount & blade and warband go I think WF&S is a sufficiently significant step forward in the series and a bargain at it's price.
  17. Ozmono

Oceanic Servers not showing up in Internet games

Some of them have magically showed up after a refresh. Don't know why they did this time as I must have hit the button 50 or so time beforehand.
  18. Ozmono

Oceanic Servers not showing up in Internet games

When I start my search for internet games or even refresh the list the oceanic servers fail to show up. I used to have them in my favourites list and when I tried to connect from there I got the authorization error. I was advised to create a new character on IRC and all that has seemed to do is...
Back
Top Bottom