Search results for query: *

1. demonofmirkwood

Custom Servers & Multiplayer Modding

Hello Dejan, Can I make a request to add the option to assign a new combination of IP : PORT or direct connect commands.

Since ipv4 addresses ran out there are a lot of people like me who are using internet behind a CGNAT. I can use third party tools to open ports to my PC but outside IP and port will be different than my local one. Since dedicated server list only gets our public IP which is accesses with CGNAT its impossible to open ports.

Either a way to tell the config to look for specific IP : PORT or allowing us to connect to a server with a command like "connect IP : PORT" would fix the problem I think.
  2. demonofmirkwood

Beta Patch Notes e1.5.10

I was waiting for battle scenery from world map patch but couldn't resist anymore and started a campaign with this patch. First campaign start after like 5 months and it already feels more polished and done. Latest changes were easily testable and definitely feels different from last time I've played it. Especially going into towns/villages to see new designs. Tebrikler Taleworlds, I hope the game can to the place where you feel complete good luck!
  3. demonofmirkwood

Bannerlord Online mod

Having a lot of fun with this mod while not taking it too seriously. Mod had just been released and looking promising overall with 1000 player servers so I don't think we need to be very critical of everything.. I don't think bannerlord had this much active multiplayer for a looong time. Although I don't know if cracked version can have access to the mod that might also affect the results. This also shows that bannerlord need of private servers with custom maps/mods. Hope it can be implemented before 2021 Q3 without losing the interest of good amount of player base.

Big thanks to the mod creators for their work.
  4. demonofmirkwood

Statement Regarding Plans For MP

Please don't forget community servers. Only having option to matchmaking kills the community feel we got from warband servers. Not everything needs to be competitive. Joining a 200 man siege mid game having laugh with people you are accustomed to in a community server is definitely one thing I miss. Or maybe give more official servers including siege servers for na/eu.
  5. demonofmirkwood

SP - Battles & Sieges "Delegate Command" should not turn on while beginning a siege assault

Currently playing on the 1.2.0 beta branch and its hard to make your own tactics with delegate command messing with your troops starting siege. During strategy phase you can place your troops get their positions and formations ready and you make sure delegate command is OFF. But right after you...
  6. demonofmirkwood

SP Native Enhanced Battle Test

This mod is freking great with the save options, control unit and multi troops. Thanks for the amazing effort.
  7. demonofmirkwood

SP Native Advanced Custom Battle

Having a lot of fun with the different matchups thanks for providing the mod. After lots of MP content this was all I needed to keep my hype at %1000 LUL
  8. demonofmirkwood

Help on the dodging mechanic.

gsanders said:
      "they"?  Who exactly did ya think wrote this?
      the more likely explanation is the archers you shot at were knocked down and once they lie down their hit box cant take damage EXCEPT for the auto 1 point taken on a successful dodge.  As for shutting down dodge, the rest of the team don't really understand the code so just complain a lot and they'll probably remove it.  If I still did maintenance on other peoples projects (apparently I was a nobody -- by now its uncertain who made the code for the last 14 months!!!!)
    well, I'd just add a global variable that when set to for example a value of 1 skipped that code in mission_templates, but what do I know. 
    Then let xgm_ mod_options.py have a new question at the end, to toggle  dodge_control on (to 1) or off (back to 0).

I should ask the freakin author, except that's more talk to myself.

In any case, I felt frustrated that I wrote stuff but everyone looked to anyone but me for answers on my own code.  Now it really IS their problem, and about time, too.  Its a simple thing to code in; would take 10 minutes. 

- GS

EDIT: 
      I shouldn't be annoyed.  I'll post code to do this when I feel better.  Just got back from another session at a hospital.  There's a 12 mm x 6mm, 1270 Hounsfield density mass/super stone to cut out of my side, and a smaller stone buried in my left kidney, and otherwise I have half the liver density of a normal patient, at 34 Hounsfield units, which could just mean I'm a mean old nasty fat man with poorly working kidneys.  Since its 10 minutes to code on a good day, it probably will get done this weekend, for next time.  I should urge Michadr to insert a global this pass, call it something clever like $dodge_control  and set it to 0 in game_start, then any follow up wont break save game.  its the new global that breaks savegame, not the try begin and test around the dodge code.  I suppose you want to comment away ironflesh additions as well right?  Its same section, another 10 lines down.  Since you mentioned rangers, who have high ironflesh, not being killed by many hits.  Both sections are tops 16 lines.

Personally, I think all the high dodge troops have too much ATHLETICS not too much dodge.  Lower bathletics across all the tiers and the troops will seldom dodge unless they show up to battle in one of those desouk chemises the female slaves get, in which case they deserve to bop the player over the head for ogling.

- GS
      advisor these days; I'll let a lead dev that leads and devs do some of each now

Well im sorry its my bad, I'm new to this mod and after playing 2 days just came here to complain without checking anything. Not gonna lie I didn't fully understand code part of your explanation but i get that it can be done with a few lines of codes to add disable/enable dodge system to new game screen(?). So part of the problem is units having too much athletics which result in higher dodge. If thats the case I can edit troops with a tool to have more balanced builds myself. 

Thanks so much for sparing your time on this matter. PC Modders do so much for the community for nothing in return and all they get is complaints from people like me. I wanted to thank you and other creators for this mod no doubt its an amazing mod. I'm sorry for your medical condition I hope your surgeries/sessions goes well. Also please take your time to get better, this matter not even a bit important. Hope you get better. :smile:
  9. demonofmirkwood

Help on the dodging mechanic.

Thanks for the detailed answer @gsanders. Seem like they put lots of work into this but it kind of get out of control in battles. I have a redwood archer army and when I battle with bandits its very hard to kill them. Most of them dodge all the attacks and walk around with 20 arrows in their body which makes no sense, 100 archer shooting to 5 guys left and they cant kill any of them. Though its a very good mechanic I'm kind of annoyed by it, Is there any way to shut down dodge mechanic?
  10. demonofmirkwood

Notice on mods SVN

Thank you @DrTomas for this awesome project. We had lots of hours of fun with my friend. Discussed politics and tactics to succeed on this mod. I think this is the way M&B SP should be, Big thanks to everyone who contributed to this project.

Sincerely a Mameluke Lord  :smile:
  11. demonofmirkwood

Final Final version of 1257ad

After all the hardwork you guys are still making the mod better I wish you all the luck, you guys are awesome  :!:  :eek:
  12. demonofmirkwood

Final Final version of 1257ad

You are awesome this is the best mod I played on warband and looking towards for new update  :eek:
  13. demonofmirkwood

Tip for De-horsed Mounted troops to become infantry *(really easy)*

Dolen said:
    What I think is unfair is that AI can actually skirmish pretty well...
    And also AI archers can shoot when inf or cab is in right before them, which my men never do.
    Infantry AI Can battle very well with rank tactic I guess. If you want to beat them gather your army, make your Cavalry get off horses make ranks while your infantry battles them attack with your archers behind them. But this mode has hard battles even this tactic won't guarantee win for you.
  14. demonofmirkwood

Screenshots

Leonidas300 said:
    Actually most of the mamluks were from christian countries, of course, they were slaves and most of them were georgians, armenians, and from baltic countries, and for example the georgian mamluks were christians as you can see in this description, but after some generations they became muslims "In Egypt Georgian mamluks retained their native language, were aware of the politics of the Caucasus region, received frequent visits from their parents or other relatives, and sent gifts to family members or gave money to build useful structures (a defensive tower, or even a church) in their native villages in Georgia."

You mean the soldiers right? Yes they came as slaves and they became rulers of armies. But most of them were Turks as stated in wikipedia "mamluks were known as ghilman (another term for slaves, broadly synonymous[11]) and were bought by the Abbasid caliphs, especially al-Mu'tasim (833-842). By the end of the 9th century, these slaves had become the dominant element in the military." and "military slaves, known as either mamluks or Ghilman, became the basis of military power throughout the Islamic world. The Fatimids of Egypt bought Armenian, Turkic and Sudanese slaves, who formed the bulk of their military and often their administration"

But if you mean the Empire itself, its built by soldiers of Salahaddin Eyyubi they were muslims and like %80 arab %20 Turkish
    But Im sure there are slaves from europe and became soldiers. Its very likely thing to happen. But I dont think they had the majority.
    And as everyone know information about is history is not objective this source tells different, that source tells different.

However this wont help me defeat the Crusaders :razz: Is there any good soldier combination at Mamluk Sultanate which will help me defeat them without losing my all army. 40 vs 110 and we can kill only 25 of them while my soldiers being slaughtered.
  15. demonofmirkwood

Jihad Option?

jacobhinds said:
    But in 1257 the "great seljuk empire" was long gone. iirc the rûm were vassals of the Seljuks for a little while, but became an independent state along with all the other seljuk possessions in the 1080s and 1090s. Then the Mongols came along and vassalized the lot.
    I Looked it up and according to english wikipedia it says what you are saying "Seljuq sultans successfully bore the brunt of the Crusades but in 1243 succumbed to the advancing Mongols. The Seljuqs became vassals of the Mongols, following the battle of Kose Dag"
    But in our history classes and Turkish Wikipedia it is told that Rum was stayed independant till Principalities came(like Ottomans).

I see why there is misunderstanding and I understand why modders did like this. Informations are not objective anywhere. Thanks for your answers @jacobhinds and @Divilly . Sorry If I done anything wrong. If you don't have anything more to add I will lock the thread.
  16. demonofmirkwood

Screenshots

Leonidas300 said:
    rapic1994 said:
    Here is the army of mine. Not very big and strong gets crushed all the time but they are my soldiers and I love them  :cool:
    2ey8dnd.jpg

You shall not pass  :twisted:

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAH!!!
    akh8.jpg

:lol:
    I Know bro I have like army of 110 Cavalary and BAM! 40 Crusaders kill them all immediately. Its not like I dont know any tactics or something. They are just too powerful for me.(But close without saving always saves my party :razz:) Btw thats some evil creature you got there  :mrgreen:

Alfredthegreat said:
    that's a lot of boyars :shock:

They are not boyars They are Mamluke Elits and only have 110 of them.
  17. demonofmirkwood

Jihad Option?

Divilly said:
    The sultanate of Rum was a vassal of Il-khanate.
    Sorry bro but you are wrong it was a mongolion empire built by grandson of Chengiz Khan: Hülagû Han. Sultanate of Rum is vassal of Seljuq Empire. You can look up wikipedia and I can send link for it. In Turkish we call "Sultanate of Rum" as "Anotolian Seljuq Empire" because its like baby empire of it.
  18. demonofmirkwood

Screenshots

Here is the army of mine. Not very big and strong gets crushed all the time but they are my soldiers and I love them  :cool:
    eg7n2o.jpg
  19. demonofmirkwood

Jihad Option?

Just wanted to show what I meant so  I uploaded the Crusaders Kings 2 screenshot to the topic. CS2 is almost %100 historically correct.
Back
Top Bottom