Search results for query: *

1. Charge damage

if you mean your arguments on a topic i don't even think should be discussed on this very forum (the ukranian war) which you have been proven wrong on that topic as well by about 3 people. And have not linked sources to any of your statements. And left with saying "i don't expect anyone to take me seriously".

It was viewed after i made my first and second take and has nothing to due with the underling issue: You using opinions as facts and not handling being proven wrong well.

But it did strengthen my view on you after your first reply. Of someone who doesn't like being proven incorrect and fact checked after people realize that you use opinion and gut feelings as evidence. Nothing of what you said in that post is anywhere close to reality and i am glad people called you out for that. Why didn't you keep arguing under that post? because more people were telling you off? But you keep arguing here because nobody else but me is telling you that you are wrong and is fact checking you.

On the topic of the war obviously the view is skewed on both sides, anyone plays the game to their upmost advantage that's why if you use gut feelings and wrong statements on such a subject, you likely do on many others as well. There are no good guys in a war, but there is a clear defender and a clear attacker.

And i myself do follow people who have an unbiased and strategical expertise of the topic to be capable of blaming and praising each side tactics. But in no way i consider myself an expert or i even dare to talk about a topic i am very much ignorant about. Altough all i know is that what you have stated on that topic is factually wrong even with the most pessimistic of point of views. And i don't find it unfair that you have been called out for it.

Opinions and facts are not the same thing. and stop using my words to counter me, it's just shows how personally you are taking all of the criticism.
    you didn't even realized that what troubles me about you is written right here, in a post you likely haven't fully understood yet, and it's about your very first post HERE not somewhere else (didn't even know you were having discussions in that post before my third message) :

But you have clearly showed that either you don't care or don't want to come to terms with being wrong. And this isn't the first time that it happens.
    When this happens i generally check people history and their replay to other posts and see how they behave, unfortunately this is you pattern. Of a person who doesn't like being proven wrong with actual evidence. And when more people do it you hide behind some cowardly words such as "i don't expect anyone to take me seriously". When in reality you were being dead serious and it shows that you don't care about evidence to the contrary of your assumptions.

All you need to do is provide strong evidence to the contrary of what i claim and if the evidence is verifiable i will agree with said evidence.
    If that's too much to ask i want to let you know i have already lost enough time talking with you and this is my last message.
    Just admit its not about my comment about cavalry that got you so salty. I stand by what I said. You've proven nothing except your willingness to get into petty arguments. You haven't proven me wrong and neither have any of those others.
  2. Ukraine Today

I still see no sources here. Which honestly I am ok with. Have your heard about the last news on the involvement of Martian volunteers on the Ukrainian side? It's crazy, they got lasers and all sorts of funky stuff. I give Russia ten days.
    I heard the martians were blown to pieces by russian artillery. Even mars won't save ukraine from the inevitable..
  3. Charge damage

If by so many you mean the usual two guys than you are right.
    issue is that there are more people who appreciate than the ones who hate. Can't make everyone happy but healthy people can differentiate the work and the person and evaluate each for what they are worth.

i am not an agreeable person because i value facts over opinions and i am the first to say that. But cutting yourself out of some information, good or bad that might be, just because you don't like the person is kinda silly if you ask me.
    There are people i can't stand that still have some very good arguments and present them in an analytical way. And i value their work, but i don't like the person.

it costs nothing more than 5minutes to go and watch the related part of the video of why the Cavalry AI changes of patch 1.8.1. (before the horses changes) improved cavalry.
    And also watching videos that convalidate what you are noticing generally means the information is good. So if said person states you are wrong on something maybe you should trust them. Or if you have to argue put some effort and back your claims with data.

Even in the hands of the AI cavalry got better, a formation of standing Axeman in loose against Cataphracts was able to kill all of them with just 1 casaulty. Now that's no longer the case. Doesn't mean that AI cavalry is extremely dangerous but for sure it's more effective than before.

I watch videos about aspects of the game i know very well every time, some creator i can trust the work of does some, if anything to make sure that the view i have of the subject is still correct. And at times my view isn't or their take was questionable.

When the take is questionabile i go and verify on my own, to make sure if the one that is wrong was me or them. If it's me, i simply change my mind, if it's not than i can't trust that bit of information, that's all. And at times it's a matter of both being true, since playstyle is a thing. When that happens i trust the information but know it won't work for me, but might for others.

Have you actually gone and verified before posting that the changes were truly ineffective? or that the only reason Cavalry got better was the horses? if so present the data, links, reasoning etc...
    Or else learn from the mistake. And the next time before making a post that is simply incorrect verify if what you think is true to begin with.
    Your post was a statement, not a question. it needs to be valued as such.

If you said: Cavalry improved but it's still not enough because X.
    Then there would be no need for me to inform you and invite you to understand why you were wrong in the first place. As if you said that it would mean you know cavalry got better (fact) but you still think it's not enough (opinion) which i can very much agree with.

Instead what you did is using your perception as a fact, which doesn't just make for a non informed opinion but also is simply not true and might mislead others.
    Then when someone comes here, proving you are incorrect and having evidence you percieve it as a personal attack instead of evaluating the take and change your mind, or argue about it in the right way, using evidence and such to back it up.

In your first post you made it clear that what we aren't here discussing if cavalry is good enough but that cavalry thrusting didn't impact them at all in a positive way, which is incorrect and has been proving by others. Let alone the fact that most members agree on the AI being improved.

At this point anyone can see that when you state this:

it means that playing the game "for you" wasn't enough to see the change that isn't only perceived by most players but has also been factually proven by some that did the right kind of testing.

I hope you can learn from this experience and write your posts without using a perceived reality as fact, or if so state it somewhere.
    If you want, like anyone here. Held TW accountable for the mistakes in their games then you, in the first place, need to be fine with being treated as such as well.
    It's nice to see that you're still cowardly avoiding mentioning your real motivation for your critique of my post. It has nothing to do with my not so generous take on cavalry changes. It has everything to do with my comments on another topic that have hit so close to your sensitive heart. Just admit it so we can move on.

I hope in the future you will learn to express what really troubles you and not place blame elsewhere. Communication is the key to any healthy relationship.
  4. Ukraine Today

Alliances aren't be a matter of servitude in the West, whatever happens in the East. Lot's of information is suppressed by all sides in war, however mobile phones and social media make that more difficult, giving enough information to sift fact from fiction, if you're prepared to park prejudice and approach it with an open mind.

IIRC Zelensky only recruited about 20,000 foreign volunteers for his International Legion. Other than that there's just the 1,000 strong Georgian Legion. https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...fighting-ukraine-against-russia-b2100240.html https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Legion_of_Territorial_Defence_of_Ukraine
    It doesn't take a genius to realise that 21,000 foreigners aren't enough to force Putin to mobilise 300,000 conscripts even though 3,000 of them are Brits.
    Alliances are entirely a matter of servitude and that's especially true in this case. Mobile phones and social media just create more to sift through it doesn't make fact any easier to attain. It has nothing to do with prejudice. And maybe it's not me with the closed mind.

No but to obtain all his stated objectives his original mobilization wasn't enough. But it appears it was enough to cause at least 200,000 ukrainian casualties in the early part of the war as stated by another account on here. You're running out of valuable munitions and manpower and the US doesn't have the industrial base to support you. It's only a matter of time.
  5. Ukraine Today

going to again repost our policy on the matter of the war for everyone reading (but especially @diehold - source your claims), and a general reminder to stay civil.
    I can make any claim I wish. If you don't like my claims then just disregard them entirely. It's their choice to continue to engage me in conversation. That's on them. And if talking about the war is problematic then maybe this isn't the correct forum for that discussion in the first place. But I see Taleworlds will side with the side that cries the most even when the other side has been more than civil. And they choose to turn a blind eye to those who started not being civil in the first place. I never stated I was pro invasion. Apparently stating that Russia is winning is what's really not accepted or tolerated on this platform.

For the moderators, you have no idea what is true or isn't true about claims regardless of links or claims. Don't act as if you do.

I hope you get drafted.
    Butthurt already?
  6. Charge damage

By your line of thinking: I, a veteran with over 4K hours should not watch any other creator to better my knowledge of the game.
    That is a solid response my friend.

Just be honest and say that you don't want to watch any video that proves you wrong as it looks like you are not the type that can even link it's sources when making arguments. Or isn't willing to change it's mind when proven incorrect. Or even worse states BS on important matters without any evidence or even worse, made up evidence.
    Then resorting to "i don't expect anybody to take me seriously" as an escape card. Or i "do play the game on my own".

Guess what: We all play the game on our own, and often you need another pair of eyes to see things in a different light.

A quick look at your history is enough to tell me that your logic as some issues. If you see no issue with that i can just say this:

Ignorance is bliss.
    4k hours? Wow. Is that supposed to mean something to me? I watch plenty of videos because I'm always open to picking up new tips and tricks. I've even seen a few of your videos. Sadly they don't tell me anything I don't already know myself from playing the game. You put a lot of time in to them and I commend you on that but I think you have too much of an inflated view of yourself. Besides your not mad at my opinion of cavalry this is all about something else.

The bannerlord community doesn't revolve around you and your videos. Are we still talking bannerlord or is that your triggered by something else I've said? It seems the latter is the case.

You think spending time testing makes you an expert yet all the testing you need is just playing the game.

I used to not understand why so many in the community have a dislike for you but thank you for making it abundantly clear why that is the case.
  7. Ukraine Today

Likely a Ukrainian anti-air missile gone astray.
    In any case it will be seen as collateral damage and it will be of no importance.

The Ukrainian armed forces have never even been estimated that high. Perhaps about 200,000 at the start of the war.
    That number is made up. Are you watching Russian news? Where is that number from?
    In any case losses that high would have meant a complete collapse of the Ukrainian army, which clearly hasn't happened.
    Let's be honest posting links and acting like that proves anything is pointless. There is a lot at stake with this war more than most people realize and since that's the case there will be lots of lying on either side. But regardless of all the lies someone must be telling the truth. And if anyone really believes that Ukraine is going to defeat the Russian army they are delusional.

The Ukrainian army did collapse. Now it's a NATO army of foreign trained mercs/volunteers. There's a reason why Zelensky called for a NATO first strike. He knows its only a matter of time and his days are numbered. If Ukraine was winning why call for a first strike? He's terrified. As he should be.

Plus I'm surprised NPC99 is allowed to speak without his American daddy's permission. We all know the US are the ones coordinating everything on the ground. Ukraine is being used as a meat shield because the west doesn't want anything to do with fighting Russia's army. Russia has the most battle hardened fighting force on the planet. The only thing that scares the Russian military is the dollar.
  8. Charge damage

Where is the insult? excuse me if you perceived there was an insult in there somewhere. But a 400% average improve in performance is hardly a "didn't improve" which is a non debatable fact that goes against what you are claiming out of no data at all.
    And the fact that the performance went down and up in certain situations in 1.9. means that the buff to cavalry wasn't just coming from the horses charge.

Sorry if you can't take simply being wrong and fact checked the right way.
    Cavalry is much stronger if in the hands of the player, it's still weak in the hands of the AI, but that is any troop in general other than the Khan's Guards.

If you could provide evidence to what you are claiming than there would be no need to tell you that your first post is wrong and just an opinion that isn't just incorrect but will mislead players and devs alike who will read it.
    if you can't take someone being blunt and straight to the point to you it's not my fault.

I am not trying to get you to watch my video, i am trying to back up the claims i make with actual data i know i can trust. if it was anybody else with a good testing methodology and wide knowledge of the units AI then i would use their videos instead. It's that simple.
    It's almost like i care about you understanding why you are incorrect and better your knowledge of the game. It just happens that the reference material was made by myself.
    And let alone the fact that it would be way to long to explain it in written form here. So i invite you to go watch it instead, especially the last few minutes where you can see how patch 1.8. 1.8.1. and 1.9. all impacted cavalry performance.

Like, for real. Do you really think this is the best way to get people to watch any channel?
    If it was i would be just straight up posting the video itself. without asking. Since that is allowed on this forum.
    I'm not going to watch your videos. I don't need to watch your videos because I play the game. You can show me data that cavalry has improved 1000% and I still don't care. Infantry performs better at killing than cavalry and is cheaper. And the updates haven't done enough to change that fact. Saying that cavalry in the players hands is better is a non argument because anything in the players hands is better than the AI. But even in the players hands you still need to micromanage cavalry and infantry you don't. With infantry all you have to think about is shield wall and when do I charge them. That's it. Simple. Cavalry is viable like trading to own the world is viable. Except they're are faster and better alternatives.
  9. Running down enemies on world map

If you pick battania you can always herd them into the woods and chase them down. Otherwise scouting perks.
  10. Charge damage

simply wrong.
    Have a check at my Cavalry update on Youtube to have a clue on why anything you said regarding thrusting is simply wrong.

From the tests on 1.8.1. where the horses didn't have the extra charge DMG there was already a massive improvement. Then their performance was changed once again with the extra charge DMG, which BTW isn't a clear improvement of the units. it just makes them perform better in certain situations but the video will explain the difference better.
    I guess, I must have struck a nerve with daddy. Maybe I was a bit too harsh cavalry melee damage but cavalry is still very weak. Reality check.. insulting someone isn't a good way to get them to watch your videos. A simple wrong would of done just fine.
  11. Ukraine Today

That never happened. I called the numbers silly because they are made up by some loon on Reddit. And I will predict that you will not be able to link to an official source because lizardmen erased it from the internet.

Before 2014 less than 15% of the population were pro nato. Even after Russian incursion in Crimea and Donbas it was still less than 40%. Now it’s probably higher but the truth is that before the invasion there was neither popular support for joining nato, nor political will, nor real steps in that direction.

You are filling your brain with information that is not grounded in reality. And you are trying to explain something to a person who is experiencing this reality first hand. You need to educate yourself and learn to work with sources if you want to be taken seriously.
    Truth is I don't care if you take me seriously. That's none of my concern. Enjoy your war.

Typically when someone asks for a source the expectation is that one will answer with a link or a reference of some kind that will enable the reader to double check the claim that is being made. How would you suggest I do that here?
    I don't know where your from. Get a vpn.
  12. Ukraine Today

Every single source I can find online, including Al Jazeera, put casualty estimates at roughly 100k for each side. Where are you getting 300k from?
    A few months ago the Ukranian govt released casualty numbers and they were at 280,000. Now it must be upwards of at least 300,000. The US state dept had similar estimates. Russia's casualties was estimated at 90,000 which is probably way too high an estimate.

300k is a silly number. Note that Russians had to mass mobilize after half a year of the conflict. We didn’t. And we’re still on the offensive. Currently we don’t need to retreat anywhere on strategic level. I don’t know how you put together your picture of this war but you can discard it because it’s a fantasy.

What’s real is the terror on civilian population. Massive blackout in my city. No electricity since early morning. It’s dark, freezing. No tap water. This can be a real problem if they continue targeting civilians. It is possible that being unable to win conventionally they will take the terror tactic as far as the global community lets them. And seeing the reactions so far, there is a long way yet to go. Millions of people, me included, will live through a real hell this winter.
    It is a silly number. I feel for you. I really do. Truth is your country got in bed with the wrong girl (NATO) and now you're paying the price for it. It's a shame and never needed to happen.
  13. Ukraine Today

That must be why Ukraine's in full retreat. https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-n...mars-opened-door-ukraines-liberation-kherson/

Clearly, reports from TASS are more reliable: https://tass.com/politics/1501747

No missile system is infallible, but Himars seems to being performing to spec in combat. BTW Turkey ordered the Russian S-400 missile system in 2017 before current demonstrations of Himars performance. Maybe, Turkey struck a cheap deal.

I wonder if Russia sweetened the deal?

You're right Ukraine should retreat. They have upwards of 300,000 casualties. Which is what gets left out of reports of their counter offensives. This isn't a war its a slaughter. It seems Russia does their best to preserve their most important resource by organized retreats. Too bad we can't say the same of Ukraine.
  14. Charge damage

They haven't improved cavalry melee at all. The biggest improvement to cavalry utility has come from charge damage increase. They still miss with their spears at the same rate as before but they connect in running into foot troops. Braced is now an important perk to get now for formation...
  15. Ukraine Today

This isn't true. HIMARS has been found to be not very effective against Russia's air defense systems. There is a reason why Turkey who is not allied with Russia choose to purchase Russia's air defense system over the US's.. because its far superior.
  16. Quick fix for companions in wrong formation

In the pre battle screen create a new group of whatever companion is in the wrong group. For example, if the companion is infantry but wrongly placed in cavalry create a new group of infantry. That new group should consist of your companions. Close it out and they go to the correct formation and...
  17. Mounted companions are grouped with infantry

Here's a quick fix - since your companions are infantry.. in the pre battle screen create a new group of infantry.. the companions should appear in that new group.. then close it out and they will appear now in your original infantry formation and they will be there in battle.

For me my companions were archers so I had to create a new archer group. The issue only happens when I have at least one cavalry unit in my party. But this fix should work every time.
  18. How about adding a Hardcore mode for vanilla Bannerlord?

Couldn't agree more but I'd go a different route.. Bear in mind I know all this will never happen..

1) Bannerlord has an identity crisis and tries to be too many things at once. I like the idea of having siblings and marrying and having kids that come of age and fight with you. Except the game allows itself to be beaten (conquering the map) way to easily. So you can beat the map before your kids or hell even your siblings even come of age. Making that feature pointless for many. Either this is a game that takes awhile to finish (in game years) or it isn't. Getting fiefs needs to be a lot harder but more financially valuable. Make all garrisons stronger and let fiefs pay out more. Plus factions should be harder to conquer.

2) Buff lord/noble attributes and skills or give them the ability to hire companions to fill these needs. If my party fights Garios' party it should have some gravitas and feel like i'm fighting a faction leaders party. It should be mostly all upgraded troops. The AI needs a way to upgrade troops faster but without it being able to automatically upgrade and cheese higher tier units. But at the end of the day the AI needs a way to field pound for pound stronger armies. Because the player always will. Or make it harder for the player to field all upgraded units.

3) Make influence harder to get for the player and the AI.

4) Adjust the rules for retreating. Sometimes retreating is necessary especially during a siege when an enemy unit is unattackably stuck in a wall. But you can't allow the player with a 100 man army to hit and run a 1000 man army to death. It's just absurd. The recent update to retreats needs to be fixed. If I can retreat from a battle with my army intact than so should the AI but now they are trapped till the last man is killed or captured.

5) The player and the AI need to both be grounded to the same rules as much as you can. I'm fine with them having a kingdom bank but factions need to be grounded financially just like the player for realism and maintaining an army. Once both are grounded the economy will need to be tweaked so as to avoid structural imbalances between the player and the AI.

6) AI battles can't be decided on Tactics, medicine etc perks alone. A weighted point system based on the environment, leadership/morale, and troop type/tech etc needs to decide battle outcomes. Having tactics should only provide a very small boost. AI battles need to be more simulator like.

7) A lot of perks may need to be nerfed or rethought out.

:cool: I shouldn't be able to vassal for a faction break that oath and vassal again for that same faction. Unless there is new leadership at the top. Also penalties for rebelling against a faction after leaving need to be more extreme. No negotiation and they automatically bring an army and siege you just like any other rebel faction after leaving.

9) Recruiting noble lords should be more difficult.

10) AI logic and strategy definitely needs a boost. They just serve themselves up to be killed.

These are just some quick thoughts. And some may be wrong or not workable but its some kind of a start.
  19. Medicine most OP skill in the game

I dont actually have a problem with "endgame suck". I am fine with restarting.

What does annoy me is that there are zero even remotely decent alternatives to "build army asap".

(I just want to go back to a Warband stile all companion party.)
    I don't mind restarting either. I bet if you were to poll all the most experienced players they would all say early/mid game is the most fun part of the game. Which is why everyone always is fine restarting.

Agreed for as many options as there are in the game you're still pretty limited in many aspects. I might need to play Warband so I know what everyone is talking about.
  20. Medicine most OP skill in the game

It does reward repetition for sure. What I usually do is
    1) Get the scout, healer and ideally a steward, if I can find one that is reasonably close to the two others.
    2) Dow a faction and use forced recruitment until I reach clan tier 1.
    3) Get the brother and make him steward. This gives you a troop limit that is large enough to upgrade to lordhunting.
    4) Lordhunt until clan tier 5.
    5) Join a faction, borrow its armies and conquer the faction that I want as my starting zone.
    6) Rebel, become king..siege alot (quit, because.. siege alot)
    I follow a similar path but I..
    1) Stay solo for a bit and f*** up the embers on day 1/2
    2) Get clan tier 1 on day 1 or 2 then get brother
    3) Charm the pants of Sora since she usually comes with the best armor and she has amazing steward for quartermaster.
    4) Merc and lord/army hunt till clan tier 5 (honestly I think clan tier 6 is the only clan tier that's a real grind for renown)
    5) Take down rebel fief or just any fief I want really and start kingdom (my new trick is to solo siege a city as a merc to wear down the garrison then retreat and leave kingdom then finish the job).
    6) Create kingdom, focus on taking down all of one factions fiefs at a time, then recruit the powerful clans and rinse and repeat till I get so bored I could sit in one of my fiefs as all my vassals take over calradia.. except I don't do that I just quit and start a new playthrough lol
Back
Top Bottom