Search results for query: *

1. Mount&Blade Warband | OS X and Linux Support

Version 1.174 broke my mouse wheel in MacOS 10.13.6. I now have to scroll several times before it registers. It worked fine in 1.173.
  2. AI decision making makes me scratch my head sometimes...

I think the AI generally just heads for the fief with the smallest garrison - towns getting preference over castles. I'm not sure if the quality of troops garrisoned is taken into account, but they usually never attack after the garrison goes above about 400 troops.
  3. B Medieval [WB] Crusader - Way to expiation

Prince of Thieves is pants. Kevin Costner produces the worst attempt at an English accent since **** Van Dyke's cockney, in fact he doesn't even attempt one. His awfulness can't even be surpassed by Russell Crow's Irish- Liverpudlian Robin Hood. The best version of the Robin Hood legend is the 80s TV show Robin of Sherwood.

The only film Hollywood has ever produced that does a half decent job of depicting life in the Middle Ages is 'The War Lord', featuring Charlton Heston sporting a bowl haircut; but it has nothing to do with the Crusades. It's about a Norman knight defending a village against Frisian raiders.
  4. Lord Personality Types

I think you need the Diplomacy mod to get a personality synopsis. In vanilla you have to rely on memory of previous encounters or see if they have a negative relation to you, in which case they're probably a bit grumpy! I tend to just hire everyone who asks but give only villages to Lords with questionable loyalty; then if they desert they don't take any lands with them.
  5. mod that allows you to execute prisoners

This is the Age of Chivalry - you ransom nobles, not murder them. If a noble dies on the battlefield he'd just be replace by his next male heir anyway, so the game just simplifies things. The age of chivalry didn't end until Henry V killed captured French Nobles after the battle of Agincourt, which is a couple of hundred years after this game's setting. Then total war was born.
  6. Lords Defecting system is breaking the game

You have to work at keeping the faction unified. If you're married you can ask your wife if she can think of any way to "improve the unity of the realm." Or you can talk with good natured lords and they may ask you to denounce a treacherous lord to the king. If he likes you well enough he'll take your word on it and won't give them any fiefs. Personally I like them all grumbling and defecting - makes taking over myself easier!
  7. How to move my Wife

I don't think you can move your wife unless you're ruler of your own kingdom, then a town/castle you own should have an option to "move your court here" (you need some tools and velvet too). If you're a vassal the trouble and strife goes where she wants. In my game she kept moving to my latest conquest, then took root in Halmar and didn't move again. I guess she liked it there.
  8. 5 FRONT WAR need help

Send out a companion with a high persuasion skill and ask for a truce. If that fails - attack is the best form of defence. If a king's winning he won't want peace, no matter how long the war's been raging. Get your army together and blitzkrieg the enemy's castles. It doesn't even matter if you garrison them, just sweep across his lands burning and pillaging and he'll ask for a truce pretty quick.
  9. Favorite Companion?

JosieJ said:
    I don't find Jeremus snobbish, I find him pompous and arrogant.

I don't think he's arrogant, he's just right and he knows he's right, with no false modesty. He employs scientific method and works from experiment and observation instead of using the writings of Galerian [sp?] who everyone else follows as unquestionable law - including the arrogant Artimenner who thinks he knows more than Jeremus because he's an 'educated' man. Jeremus is a man about 400 years ahead of his time, which is why he's a maligned outcast.
  10. Get rid of spoiling food

It's always annoyed me that dates aren't consumable - long shelf life, nutritious, and often the only 'food' available in Saranid lands.
  11. Wiping out a faction while having one of their lords as prisoner.

Sadly, there's no way to release your own prisoners; you'll have to wait for him to escape. If you transfer him to your party his escape chance will be increased. Or just leave him to rot.
  12. taking horse out of battle chest...?

Tripida said:
    gloops said:
    rhaeloth said:
    in battle replacing a horse from the equipment chest, never actually gives you a new horse?

am i correct?

Correct. In M&B you get a fresh mount for the next 'round' of a long battle, but not an immediate swap. For some reason it was changed for Warband and you don't get a new horse at all.
    Tried that and it didn't work(HCharger for HCharger) and i still got Lame Charger(Heavy got wounded during battle).

As I say, it was changed for Mount & Blade: Warband. You have to play original, plain old Mount & Blade if you want to swap horses mid battle.
  13. taking horse out of battle chest...?

Thane_of_Dhirim said:
    gloops said:
    rhaeloth said:
    in battle replacing a horse from the equipment chest, never actually gives you a new horse?

am i correct?

Correct. In M&B you get a fresh mount for the next 'round' of a long battle, but not an immediate swap. For some reason it was changed for Warband and you don't get a new horse at all.

To be more realistic, that is why.

How is that more 'realistic'? I can pick up all the arrows I've scattered all over the battlefield, and put my shattered shield back together, good as new, but I can't saddle a fresh horse during a lull in the fighting?
  14. taking horse out of battle chest...?

rhaeloth said:

am i correct?

15. Being heavily outnumbered in battles

Tactics skill: "Every two levels of this skill increases your starting battle advantage by 1. Battle advantage determines how many soldiers you can have on the battlefield at the start of a battle and how large your reinforcements will be. This skill will also let you retreat from a battle with fewer casualties."

Get your (or a companion's) tactics to skill to 10 and you can turn up with a couple-dozen men and the enemy won't be able to field a daunting opposition. Pick 'em off one by one.
  16. Lords anger when awarding fiefs

Wait a couple of days and the lords reach a consensus. Then you can ask your minister who gets the most votes. There'll still be some grumpy lords who want every fief going, but it's a good way to minimize the displeasure. I only give grumpy lords villages, then if relations get too low I don't lose territory if they defect, and there's no need to renounce anybody, which gives a negative relation from everyone.
  17. How to stop Lost Items when captured??

To change a lot of this stuff your going to need the module system and some knowledge of Python scripting. You can change the values with just text tweaks, but for food morale bonuses you'll just be presented with a string of numbers and it's hard to find what's what. You can do a lot of quick tweaks, like base morale, with the TweakMB utility.

To get your stuff back after you've been robbed: find the bandits who took it, kill 'em all and take it back.
  18. Questions on courtship. Can Calradia run out of ladies?

The Diplomacy mod extends those kinds of features. I don't know if you can marry into a Kings family, but you can form alliances if you're a ruler yourself; and I think it enables you to marry the claimants, so you become king by proxy if you win the civil war.
  19. Questions on courtship. Can Calradia run out of ladies?

Yes, eligible bachelorettes will be courted and sometimes married by rivals. I've never actually counted, but I think there's enough single ladies to go around the single lords - but the idea is to grab a good one with an extended, landowning family you can marry into. A girl with nought but a fiefless brother isn't much of a catch. I'm not sure if you get any tangible benefits from being in the family - i.e. better relations - but if there isn't, there ought to be.

Divorces don't happen in native. You can't steal someone's wife, only their fiancée; but you can dedicate a tournament win to a married lady, or occasionally fight duels for them if they're insulted, and gaining their favour has certain advantages.

If the monarchs have daughters you never see them, and if you ask a king about marrying into his family he won't like such a suggestion from an upstart vassal.
  20. B Medieval [WB] Crusader - Way to expiation

The trouble is if a mod take forever to release interest in the original game wanes and it won't get an audience. And not just mods either. I've given up waiting for HL2 Episode 3. All I remember about episode 2 is it ended on a cliffhanger FIVE AND A HALF YEARS AGO. I haven't played Black Mesa either because I just don't care about Half-Life anymore - too many other games, not enough time.

I recently found a disc with a large mod I spent months singlehandedly making for Ghost Recon (the original). New character meshes, new skins, new weapons and a new campaign (16 Air Assault Brigade). It was pro quality (though I say so myself), but never finished so nobody ever saw it. It's obsolete now anyway because even though the game was set 10 in the future when it was released it's now the past and the British Army have new equipment and DPM!

So, the moral is: set a release schedule and produce what you realistically can in the time, even if it's not absolute perfection, or old Father Time intervenes.

Back
Top Bottom