Search results for query: *

1. Ramrod1955A

Bring back the old unit formation in party screen PLEASE !

Make two cavalry units, one with heavy armor bias, and the other with javelin bias. Fiddle with the bars to get the amounts you want to each. It's pretty simple, although at times "finnicky."

Lucius Confucius is right in both accounts. The new system is vastly superior and has way higher potential -- but it also needs some tweaks. Like he said, a combination of the old and new would simply be most ideal.

"a combination of the old and new would simply be most ideal."

I've suggested that too. Because I don't like finicky or fiddling with stuff. Being in an update for all to use, it shouldn't have to be tweaked. If it was still FUBAR ? It should never have come out till it wasn't.
  2. Ramrod1955A

Nah, I like the new system.

Though I would like a combination of the old and new, but I think a dev said that was not going to happen.

Made my own personal heavy armored body guard group led by a strong companion, and been having fun seeing how many of them survive each battle along my side. Couldn't really have done that with the old system.

Then why don't you tell us how you did it Genius. And yes you could have done it on the old system. Just another shill posting. Because you can't DO THAT ! Without the system putting in troops that don't match what you want. I tried making just a unit of Cataphracts with one companion leader. The VERY NEXT battle it was 20 troops mix'd with missile troops.
  3. Ramrod1955A

The pre-battle unit formation in totally SCREWED ! I can't put Cataphracts in their own unit, system always mix in with missile troops. Can't put shielded spear units as always mix'd with archers who don't have shields. Please bring back the old system.
  4. Ramrod1955A

Beta Patch Notes e1.7.1

This game is still being played because of "damn mod fanatics" as you put it. And will be played by "damn mod fanatics" long after console kiddies and multiplayer kiddies get bored of the game.

Amen Brother !
  5. Ramrod1955A

Petition to return to the pre 1.7.0 method of assigning troop types.

I think very similar. So better to improve the new system, but sure it needs some practical tests for adjustment. The old system was to limited in options.

But worked to the extent that you could at least put what troops you wanted in whatever formation you pleased. Without the AI/system putting troops it thought should be in the unit also.
  6. Ramrod1955A

Chaos at start of the battle.

One more thing that is maddening about the new unit forming phase before battle. Not just that you can't form whole units of types. Like just unit of heavy cavalry or of Horse archers. But try as you can, even locking certain types. The system still mixes them up. But when you start the battle ...
  7. Ramrod1955A

What Happened with Groups?

Shouldn't that be up to the individual player how they want to use companions?

Amen !
  8. Ramrod1955A

This is my MAIN problem with this SCREWED up new system. Try as I may I can't make a whole unit of Heavy cavalry without the FREAKING system throwing in missile cavalry. Don't matter if you LOCK the category so only heavy cavalry are put into it. The system still mixes in missile troops ! I don't like the NEW system because you CAN'T control your units make up.

You shills can sing all the praises you want for this FIASCO of an update. BUT IT STILL SUCKS. Bring back the old system that WORKED !!!!!!!
  9. Ramrod1955A

New pre-deployment in last update.

More control and slow the process down more. I think it's been shown very clearly. That many don't like this new formation/OOB just before battle screen. Where you deploy units, NOT ORGANIZE THEM ! Some want to make more separate units of certain types of units, like Pike. But you only have eight slots for all types. So, are you going to expand the available slots for units now ? I've had some people complain this was about sieges not working. Well certain foot types don't work well in sieges anyway, like pike armed troops. IMHO, this removing the party screen unit formation function. Just to please those complaining about sieges opened a can of worms that will eventually be reverted back after much confusion, insults thrown and fingers pointed.
  10. Ramrod1955A

There are some good qualities in the new interface and ways to "get around" the drawbacks, but to me the increased workload for every stinking battle is not worth it.
    Amen !!
  11. Ramrod1955A

No, OOB just needs some more option to filter troops, but returning to the old system is not good enough and isn't going to happen.
    I made this suggestion just saying we need better filters or options.
    https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...nt-i-want-more-direct-control-of-this.448910/
    However you can do pretty well separating them, I was able to separate Khan's guards from buck-a-larry HA with some trial and error, just adjusting the slider with a rough Idea of how many non pole arm HA I had. It would be easier to also just do it manually though.
    But no I don't want to see the old system return, I just want more option on the OOB.

You make an OOB BEFORE battle. Not on the fly just before swords are drawn.
  12. Ramrod1955A

New pre-deployment in last update.

Man the last update SCREWED the game for me. A simple addition of a battlefield unit deployment screen would have been enough. But the Devs had to make it into a unit organization fiasco. You could assign commanders in the party screen. If you wanted you them to command foot units. Just take...
  13. Ramrod1955A

No, OOB just needs some more option to filter troops, but returning to the old system is not good enough and isn't going to happen.
    I made this suggestion just saying we need better filters or options.
    https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...nt-i-want-more-direct-control-of-this.448910/
    However you can do pretty well separating them, I was able to separate Khan's guards from buck-a-larry HA with some trial and error, just adjusting the slider with a rough Idea of how many non pole arm HA I had. It would be easier to also just do it manually though.
    But no I don't want to see the old system return, I just want more option on the OOB.

Trial and error huh ! If you gotta stumble your way through it. Then they need a tutorial so we unwashed peasants can make it work. Or ! Just give us a deployment screen before battle to place units you've formed IN THE PARTY SCREEN on the battlefield. You don't form units just before a fight.
  14. Ramrod1955A

Sign this if you agree.

The new method of pre battle troop assignments before a battle as opposed to in the party screen is cool, but what is missing is the ability to separate cultural troop types. Unless I'm doing it wrong it seems like you can only create squads of troop types but not culture. For example I used to squad my companions and use them as a body guard. I can't really do that anymore. I also used to love having troops like Wildlings grouped together for ambush and skirmishers and Line breakers as a reserve etc.

Seems like we can't do that anymore and now it's just lumping eveyone grouped together. Doesn't seem like a well thought-out improvement to me and takes the fun of customizing one's tactical play away (thus taking away a really fun aspect of the game).

Can Taleworlds please consider putting the troop assignment in the party screen back?

I agree, Taleworlds PLEASE put the troop assignment back into the party screen where it belongs.
  15. Ramrod1955A

Yeah I know where you're coming from, and get that feeling too ... but give them time to fix this new ... nw .. "work in progress" :grin:

It should have been an addon where those that pushed for it to try it. But still be able to remove it until the Devs fix'd it. Not shove it in when it's obviously BROKEN.
  16. Ramrod1955A

I don't particularly like parts of the new system, but I do believe the idea of assigning group commanders with skills/perks along with pre-battle deployment is a good step forward.
    It just needs to give control (or "micromanagement") of the troops back to the player!
    People have clearly voiced what they want in assigning troops so I think the Devs (@Callum @MRay ...etc) will take that into account and improve on the new system!

You could assign commanders in the party screen. Just by putting them the formation you wanted them to command. Foot units ? Just don't have then on a horse.
  17. Ramrod1955A

I think they could work together, I liked being able to group different unit types, If you can do this then perhaps a tutorial that shows how to use the new command system would be great. But otherwise please bring back the grouping options in the party screen. being able to have fodder and strong troops is part of any battle plan.

I totally agree or make it optional for those that like it so much. But others don't have to be saddled with something that they didn't ask for and definitely don't like.
  18. Ramrod1955A

Sign this if you agree.

The new method of pre battle troop assignments before a battle as opposed to in the party screen is cool, but what is missing is the ability to separate cultural troop types. Unless I'm doing it wrong it seems like you can only create squads of troop types but not culture. For example I used to squad my companions and use them as a body guard. I can't really do that anymore. I also used to love having troops like Wildlings grouped together for ambush and skirmishers and Line breakers as a reserve etc.

Seems like we can't do that anymore and now it's just lumping eveyone grouped together. Doesn't seem like a well thought-out improvement to me and takes the fun of customizing one's tactical play away (thus taking away a really fun aspect of the game).

Can Taleworlds please consider putting the troop assignment in the party screen back?

Yes, you form units in the party screen. Not just before battle, before battle you deploy units not form them !
Back
Top Bottom