Search results for query: *

1. SlickMcDick

1.5.10 Athletics to slow for you? Here a solution

Wait... people complained... they changed things to address the complaints... now people are complaining?

That's unlike this forum at all.
    That's because the changes are ham fisted and suiting whoever is the loudest at the time. Squeaky wheel gets the grease and all that.

What is not accounted for are the number of people who were silent and content with how it was. Like myself.

Also a 50% alteration is incredibly overdone. That's like taking a sledgehammer to a quarter inch nail! Going from 30% armor weight reduction to 15% was too much. A happy medium would have been 20%
  2. SlickMcDick

Beta Patch Notes e1.5.10

haven't played in a few months... Can we buy high level armor, mounts, and equipment in towns now?
    You probably can; but why bother? You'll move slower than a turtle and die from being swarmed. They effectively removed viability from armor heavier than 3.5
  3. SlickMcDick

Beta Patch Notes e1.5.10

Can't you get it much higher now though? You should have like 4X the learning speed you would have before, since MC level does reduce it. I guess if you only specced in to get 125, you can't, but 125's not that much. As far as the complaints, many players complained their character move too fast at 150+ athletics.
    Talk about a loud minority ruining it for everyone else who was silent and content.
  4. SlickMcDick

Beta Patch Notes e1.5.10

form fitting armor is still a few centuries away from the time period of bannerlord and even if it was in-game yeah you can run almost as fast with very few hindrance in armor but you'll get tired much quicker and so have to advance at a slower pace to keep your energy.

I've worn riot gear and also ran with a backpack weighting 30kg on my back while in the army and you had to trot at a slower pace to not get so tired and be able to keep running/advancing, quite different than running for miles with only a shorts and a sleeveless shirt during normal training.

Since the game has no stamina system moving at a slower pace based on the weight of your armor seems like the perfect compromise.
    That's nowhere near comparable.

The average modern soldier (or cop) wears much more and heavier equipment in modern times than they ever did historically. Also "Form Fitting Armor" IS the name of the perk listed in Bannerlord.

According to google, a ringmaile hauberk would have weighed in at about 10-kilos. The game's armor weights are I assume in metric, so between gloves, helmet, boots, and hauberk, I am looking at roughly 14.5 kilos. You tell me that I can't run at a decent pace wearing that.
    Remember this is a video game and speed is king, and slowing movement speed essentially means heavier armor is no longer viable in campaign. Period.
  5. SlickMcDick

Beta Patch Notes e1.5.10

Heavy armor = Heavy man = Slow man.
    If you want to be quick, become a light infantry man
    Not even remotely true. The idea of "Heavy Armor = Slow Man" has been debunked numerous times. Form fitting armor is practically a second skin and wouldn't stop a person from completing a sprint.
  6. SlickMcDick

Beta Patch Notes e1.5.10

-Improved the battle movement speed progression concerning the athletics skill. Reduced the movement speed increase effects of all perks.

TW nerfed Form Fitting Armor from 30% armor weight reduction down to 15%. Why? Why would you do this?!

It makes playing on foot so intolerable and heavier armors (Like the Huscarl's Hauberk) absolutely intolerable and lacking in viability. In games like this, speed is king, and obviously movement speed in this armor being so slow cripples you when you inevitably get swarmed by the AI, outpacing and outmaneuvering them becomes impossible, and you get punished by archers for wearing lighter armors.
  7. SlickMcDick

Female Relatives Are Worth Less Than Half As Much As Males

In the game, women relatives that are married off leave the family. Women also die in childbirth--for some strange reason the only non-battle related medical condition in the game that kills people outside of old age (I guess testicular cancer has been cured in this universe). First, let me say that my intention for this discussion is first and foremost, what is good for gameplay. I hear a great deal of people arguing over what is "historically" accurate and it gives me a headache because (1) I was a history major and they're often wrong and (2) this entire game is historically inaccurate from top to bottom and games usually are. Usually claiming to not like something because it's historically inaccurate is just people trying to disguise their personal preferences as objective logic.

This is bad for gameplay because the most logical course of action for the player, and really every family if they were playing intelligently, would be not to marry off your female relatives. I love that in the game women can be critical roles for your kingdom and party in the form of generals, governors, scouts, medics, siege engineers, etc. However, this also means that the relationship gain from marrying them to another family is not even close to worth losing a valuable character. On the converse side, male family members are super valuable because when they get married, you get another valuable character in the form of their wife! You also get all of the children they produce! This makes male family members uber more valuable and also means that the best course of action for your female family members is to make sure they never marry.

A much better mechanic would be to either (1) make the relationship gain from marriage extremely valuable (for instance, perhaps make it so that families won't marry off their women to you unless you return the favor) or (2) make it so that in a marriage, who leaves their family is not determined by sex (i.e. maybe you can bargain for who is joining whose family or maybe the more valuable character gets to stay in their family). That way, men and women have a chance of leaving their old family and joining the new one. Personally, I'd prefer the latter case because I think it's much easier to implement and is better for game balance purposes.
    The relation gain by marrying your female children off to another clan can be parleyed into convincing that clan to join your faction should you start your own kingdom.

This in essence allows you to recapture your family into your political control while gaining innumerable allies in the form of every lord and their children and grandchildren within a clan.

It works very well when used correctly in a machiavellian way.
  8. SlickMcDick

Suggestion: Famous Battles/ Historical Markers

This thing is in my eyes a mod. The battle markers in Warhammer 2 are more for strategic reason as for an immersive gamplay(especially for the necromancers and vampires). Or you could exploit the markers as scouting markers("ah the enemy was here yesterday"). Since we have a scouting option the second strategic reason falls away and the first? Yeah vampires... At the end there will be a lot of markers on the map and I believe that every player after their third playthrough will ignore them or get frustrated that he/she actually click on the marker and a ui pop-up appeared

I was references the Rome II markers my guy.

In any case that's why I suggested thresholds so that not every single skirmish gets a marker and that the map is not littered with them.

Perhaps so and so number of soldiers + noble deaths = Historical Marker, or So and so outnumbered ratio + victory + noble deaths = historical marker, or so and so thousands upon thousands of troops in pitched battle = marker.

I never played the Warhammer variants. Could even make it a walk around map marker instead of a campaign map marker. Give some reason to walk around.
  9. SlickMcDick

Resolved Can battle with my own brother

I'm seeing a lot more dialogue choices here than in my own playthrough, though my playthrough has been ongoing through multiple Betas since November.

Maybe it's time to start fresh?
  10. SlickMcDick

Dynamic Encyclopedia entries?

I think it'd be possible. Most of the data required would already be in the game; it would really only require an "If X, Then Y" kind of programming chain, referencing data that's already there and just displaying it in the encyclopedia.
  11. SlickMcDick

I've also had this thought after playing huge battles. It would definitely add to the feeling that you're making history. So many little touches like this are missing.

I suppose with the frequency (or constancy) of war the map might end up littered with too many markers. But that shouldn't be something that's impossible to find a solution for.
    That's why I was suggesting maybe a threshold system to be met based on data from the battle. Nobles who die in combat, large scale battles, or daunting ratios that end in victory for the underdog being qualifying instances.
  12. SlickMcDick

I think it would be a fun feature to add to the game, taking a note from Total War, to add map markers or battle/city/village map memorials with information on the battles, casualties Dead/Wounded, Numbers brought to bear by the belligerents, and any famous or noteworthy individuals who died in...
  13. SlickMcDick

Resolved 1.5.9 Nobles Running Into Battle Unarmed

Well we got a lot of breaking not not working features :grin:
    I'm happy to help squish them. It seems that there's definitely an issue insofar as patches working retroactively on old saves. Plenty of other bugs to find and squish too.
  14. SlickMcDick

ON which lord specifically are you experience this issue on the save file you provided? QA team tried but was not able to reproduce this in your save file. This save file is really old and some of the issues might have fixed and lots of new stuff has been added. Can you try to reproduce this issue on a new, fresh campaign?
    I'll look around for specific lords; with how old this save file is I'm not surprised that many patches aren't retroactively working. Kind of the point of testing long term campaigns though, at least for me. As I detailed in my email I want to see how many things break on with compounding saves and longer term games.
  15. SlickMcDick

Can you zip the file and send me an e-mail with the file? [email protected]
    Email sent as a Google Drive link; best I could accomplish.

I also attached a short explanation of why the gamesave is as long term as it is; mostly it's to see what breaks down in subsequent patches and what breaks down over a longer term playthrough. I've been working on this playthrough since October or November 2020.
  16. SlickMcDick

Bytes or megabytes? An email is limited to about 35mb depending on the service. If it's megabytes, upload it to Google Drive and send him a link.
    71,256KB
  17. SlickMcDick

Do you have a save file of session that you experienced this issue? With your save file, we can reproduce the issue much easier and faster. For more information regarding how to send us your save files, you can check this thread out. You can find your save file here:
    C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves

You can send your save files to us via upload.taleworlds.com site. Please write your username and this threads URL into the description box so that we can find it easier. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!
    It's not a huge inconvenience and no apologies are needed though I seem to have trouble with your uploader since the game file is quite large.

Edit: I attempted uploading "Sturmvalle.sav" and got this message (
    SMTP -> ERROR: DATA not accepted from server: 552-5.2.3 Your message exceeded Google's message size limits. Please visit 552-5.2.3 https://support.google.com/mail/?p=MaxSizeError to view our size 552 5.2.3 guidelines. r70sm2050056vkd.2 - gsmtp
    SMTP Error: Data not accepted. )

I think the save file is too large at 72.x bytes.
  18. SlickMcDick

Resolved [1.5.9] Cannot sort troops in party screen

Can confirm this bug is active.
  19. SlickMcDick

Summary:Recent patch has not resolved retroactively noblemen and noblewomen joining parties and armies and entering battle without weapons or armor How to Reproduce:Seems to be related to the recently resolved naked lords/ladies issue. New nobles are clothed, but still not acquiring weapons or...
  20. SlickMcDick

Resolved 1.5.8 After todays hotfix there is a serious case of black face going on

Thanks for trying. We don't have any workarounds for this at the moment. Our programmers are working towards a fix for this issue. Sorry for any inconvenience!
    Thanks for the update on how it's going MArdA; I know it's not a fair ask but do we have any approximate idea on a timetable for this fix? I'd like to keep playing but this bug is hard to look at and I'm not too keen on rolling back to 1.5.7 just to play again so I'm kinda stuck taking a break from the game until there's a fix. I wanna keep bug-squishing.
Back
Top Bottom