Search results for query: *

1. CEO Statement regarding the release

Building a game engine does NOT take 10 years. Or even four.
    If you say so lol?
  2. CEO Statement regarding the release

Literally all I was hoping for was (1) Warband's feature base but with (2) better sieges, (3) better graphics, (4) better mod support, and (5) all features operational.

For a studio of 100 employees such a simple sequel should have taken 3 years tops.

Here we are 8 years of development and 2 years of early access later and not only have they still not completed (1) and (5), but the game is actually overall LESS functional than Warband and they're going to release this?
    They also built thier own game engine from scratch. A big undertaking that consumed most Pre EA time
  3. Economy Changes with 1.8 and onwards

This is kinda not true, and also kinda true but for a different reason than you say.

Campaign-to-campaign differences are actually pretty big. Especially things like Hearth and Prosperity, which depends on war and raids and sieges, can affect prices a lot - and there's a big difference between a 350g/d brewery and a 500g/d oil press. And in the medium term, shifting control of castles can hugely shift the number of villages that bring goods to any given town, affecting inputs.

The problem; and it's the same reason people turn to third party analysis in order to just copy a meta; is that the player can't experiment.

Workshops are expensive to buy, pricey to change type, and sell for a pittance. You can only have a couple at once, especially at clan tier 3-4. And the only way to know what a potential workshop will bring in is to build it! So maybe in my campaign, an oil press in Jaculan will be >500g/d consistently, many years into the game. But maybe in your game it'll only be 200g/d. You have to go waste the gold, using one of your 4 or 5 slots, to find out - and then you have to repeat that for every workshop, times every city; and don't forget that the workshops you make can even affect the profits of the others. So the number of options is huge, the reward/penalty for choosing right/wrong are large, but the player is given extremely limited information and it's both costly and difficult to experiment. As a result, the meta is that players flock towards whatever is proven to work in any campaign, relying on outside information to make up for the lack of in-game information.

I don't come bringing a magic bullet solution for this problem, but if you want players to make more diverse and/or campaign-specific choices, you need to give them more in-game information. Whether that's being able to see AI workshop profits, or seeing an estimated profit when changing workshop type, or something else altogether, I dunno.
    This. All the way. While I do like to think, it seems workshops have become more trouble than they are worth. Maybe they ll be more useful late game, when the player needs them a lot less.

We need more in game information for sure. Cost now too high and the risks are to high making the workshop system to tedious and stressful to enjoy. I love this game and love economic changes but workshops just arent worth it anymore
  4. SP - General My thoughts about Mount&Blade

???
    I didn't play Bannerlord, I played every other Mount&Blade. Also no, you are just a M&B fanboy with bad taste.

Why not? Especially that I have played all the other M&B games.
    No disrespect intended. But if ya cant understand why experience trumps watching and reading then I dont know what to tell you. If a person hasn't played bannerlord then said person opinion and feedback is limited in scope and quite frankly it means less.

That's just reality. Not my opinion
  5. SP - General My thoughts about Mount&Blade

Watching videos and reading is no substitute for experience.
  6. Companion system is built for Warband, not Bannerlord style companions.

The death and birth cycle is simply poorly thought-out. Soldier die and can be replaced relatively painlessly, precisely because how reliable their stats and growth progressions are. It was the play's skills (as in, character's skills that provide benefits to the party) and their companions' that makes the party reliable. When a companion dies, you don't just lose a body to feed the meat grinder, but also a vital part of party building.

With expandable units, they must also be easily replaceable. Either have ready-to-go professionals in a field (leader, trader, medic, whatnot) that you can find once in a short while, who can competently do the job without further levelling, or have levelling up so easy it's trivial. The first defeats the training side of things, the latter takes from the RPG side of things.
    This is exactly what I am talking about. Death birth could actually be good for an RPGs aspect. I just dont like it for recruited companions given the leveling system.

It's cool to further tailor your companions into the specializations u want. It's also a lot of effort. Disable death for your companions is a much better option. Rotating companions when they die feels shallow and you have no connection to them

This kills the immersive RPGs aspect which is really what I think bannerlord needs. Would bring it closer to warband
  7. Campaign map compass

Or you could do it the traditional way and LOOK lol!
  8. Companion system is built for Warband, not Bannerlord style companions.

There is only one thing I want for companions. A completely separate option to enable or disable death for recruited companions only!!!.

This is the only reason I dont play with birth and death on. Dont care if lords and family get killed. I will avenge. Bannerlord setup really can require some investment for your companions to reach thier potential. Sucks having them die. Please I want this option
  9. SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Kingdom of player Faction Color Problem.

Wholeheartedly agree. Uniform emblems on tabard and emblems on shields for all troops
  10. Kingdom Relations/Voting 1.70

I would agree to some of this too a point. For instance 20 influence to vote may be too little but 200 is too much. That 10x the current amount to vote.

Bannerlord is a longer game that has grind gameplay. I love that but I think TW should try to add elements to make game a little more interesting.

Like have claimants again where you can usurp a current rule or a more immersive way of courting a wife other than charm skill checks.

I would like a little more immersion, not more grind. Game is plenty difficult. That's just me though. Enjoy
  11. Game is too easy.

Loved warband, love this game. There some things I'd like added or altered, but I can firmly say one thing it doesnt need is to be made harder.

BL is very grindy. I like that, but making it harder would add another layer to that. Plat with realism difficulty and iron man mose turned on. Should be plenty hard. Unless one is a glutton for punishment.

Funny thing is I like games that offer some challenges and require some effort
  12. I might get some backlash for asking... But I've waited over 6 years and want any info

I remember an article where I read that taleworlds stated clearly. " bannerlord will be on console but we are focused on our pc game. We want to perfect that first beforehand." Its nice to hear this from a dev. Dont feel like looking it up and quoting it.

First played warband on xbox. Played it a lot and it worked fine. Eventually got it on pc because it was really meant for that. Love POP mod. Console port will probably be fine too but will be more limited. Consoles simply have more limitations.

Any decent dev makes good pc game first then works on console port.

While things are more streamlined in bannerlord. I personally dont think game had been dumbed down for consoles. It's a solid follow up to warband. Is there some things I wish they had kept or added? sure! But I'm still loving it. Approaching 400 hrs play time.
  13. Lack of ways to improve relations with lords

When 2 kingdoms are at war dont join them as merc. Travel to border castles and town and stage a breakout in the dungeon. You'll get like 30+ clan relationship
  14. Thank you Taleworlds. A unique perspective

Well despite your misguided view on the developers (in my opinion), I'm happy you're happy with the game and having fun with it (I seriously mean that). As for the "attacks" people probably just dislike seeing apologists for a company that should know better and probably feel frustrated seeing your post. I would thank the people that do the day to day work, but not so much the senior management or the company itself.

As for me, I expect more from the developers and my criticism is tough love. They should and should have done better. The rumours of an intern army (its the only explanation to this mess - that or mismanagement/ or both), I suspect is not far from the truth and I wouldn't be surprised if a majority of the original developers from Warband had left the company.
    I get this feeling that the Bannerlord developers played Warband and saw it as outdated and simple and that they "could do better" - without actually seeing what made Warband a good game (I could be completely off the mark but without any strong input from the community managers people tend to make their own minds up about it).
    I with you on this. A lot of developers have bastardized franchises. Turning it into something it's not for a quick cash grab. Dead space 3 is a good example. Diablo 3 is another. My opinions.

This time though, I dont feel this way when I play bannerlord. So I felt the desire to Express that gratitude and encourage them not to let haters get to them.

Of course game could better. Anything could be better.

Well you called people things too idk, and there are better displays of thankfulness like I've said this thread has become useless have a good night mate
    Maybe I did call people things and I shouldnt have. Anyway, You too mate sleep well.
  15. Are sieges too quick now that ladders towers are fixed ?

You must love unhistoric easy console kiddy games ?
    Translation. I am happy with the siege changes and your jealous lol
  16. Thank you Taleworlds. A unique perspective

Huh no, mostly people are just mocking because you call it an unique perspective, at least that's what I see, the rest is okey
    Well you d be correct. Its not really a unique perspective. I just never see enough folks expressing gratitude when they like something. But plenty Express anger when they hate something.

As for the rest. Yeah some some folks got nothing better to due then mock people on the internet.

People certainly get hostile though. I am enjoying the vulgar displays of pettiness
  17. Thank you Taleworlds. A unique perspective

I just want go point out how much I have been attacked because I have dared to compliment talewords and say I love this game. The internet community is very hostile. But that's why I posted my original post. Also keep in mind that my op was back in May.

Of course that doesnt mean I wouldn't like some things changed.

Why shouldnt we thank someone for doing thier job.

I always say " if I simply expect it, then I'm not grateful for it"

Young lol please I'm in my mid 30s. Naive could be I dunno but whatever I'am, I'm happy with it.

Despite all the attacks against me I am enjoying geeking out with yall. Keep the post coming.
  18. Thank you Taleworlds. A unique perspective

My original post is only unique because its posted in an atmosphere of negativity. Not because I think it is. Most folks go online to talk about what they hate and never what they love. I just figured someone should give credit where it's due.

No I'm not just some guy looking for attention. Nah just a big geek really enjoying bannerlord. I have read many a complaint and lots of them are bug reports and suggestions. There are however lots of folks who ll never be happy.

I love mods. Prophesy of pendor is one of my favorites. I look forward to the day when game is complete and I cant stop laughing when people complain that their mods no longer work because of the latest update in an early access title. Like that's somehow the devs fault

In the end I just wanted to put a drop of positive appreciation in sea of negativity. There are a lot f cash grabbing poor devs out there, taleworlds i dont think is one of them. While bannerlord may not give me everything I want, i still love it
  19. The siege still isn't finished.

Current iteration of sieges heavily biased to attacker favor,
    I dont feel this is true. I was heavily outnumbered when I defended. It made so it was crucial that I take out thier siege tower with catapult. Hard fought but we won because I destroyed siege tower
  20. Are sieges too quick now that ladders towers are fixed ?

Love the way sieges work now both on offense as and defense. Not saying this bout yall but some folks will never be happy. Sieges are fine lot of fun and ling with big armies
Back
Top Bottom