Kingdom Relations/Voting 1.70

Users who are viewing this thread

1) Donating noble prisoners still generates relation gains with clans.
-- This leads to cheese tactics in which the player can generate hundreds of points of relation gains with clans, far outpacing
any other method of gaining relations with clans.
Donating noble prisoners should only reward influence

2) Voting against a clan's proposal nets almost no negative relations
-- The max penalty for voting against is -5, while voting in favor will net a max of 30 + charm bonus.
Voting against a clan should have equal penalties as when voting in favor

3) Not enough methods exist to degrade relations overtime.
-- Self-explanatory; apart from sieging settlements, raiding, execution, or leaving kingdoms, there is no other surefire method to degrade relations with nobles.
Without any other sort of mechanism in place to do so, players can easily cap max relations with almost everyone.
Introduce more mechanics that will lower relations with clans via player action or overtime.

4) The amount of influence needed to vote is too low.
-- Clans accumulate hundreds or thousands of influence, and can override most proposals by just using 20 influence.
Which given their infrequency, means they are just hoarding influence.
The influence cost of voting should be doubled or tripled, and proposal cost should be 200

5) Policy voting is too homogenous
-- Every culture and faction favors the same policies, regardless of situation or personalities of leaders.
Policies need attributes assigned to attract different cultures or personalities

Suggestion
:
Each policy has a culture and traits point assigned to it
Base approval for every policy is 50%
Cultural bias will have a +/- 20% approval modifier
Traits bias will have a +/- 10% approval modifier
Clan leaders will vote if their approval % exceeds 60% or below 40% in terms of whether they agree or disagree with the policy
The amount of influence they use will be based on whether they highly approve or disapproval of the policy

6) Peace Proposal voting modifiers need rebalancing
-- Wars are lasting for hundreds of days regardless of situation, they only seem to end once another war is declared upon the faction.
Wars in 1.70 are attrition based and are reaching several years in length, even if one side is utterly dominating the other.
Length of War, prisoners and casualties should be the highest factors in wishing for peace, not tribute/raids.

I would agree to some of this too a point. For instance 20 influence to vote may be too little but 200 is too much. That 10x the current amount to vote.

Bannerlord is a longer game that has grind gameplay. I love that but I think TW should try to add elements to make game a little more interesting.

Like have claimants again where you can usurp a current rule or a more immersive way of courting a wife other than charm skill checks.

I would like a little more immersion, not more grind. Game is plenty difficult. That's just me though. Enjoy

I would agree to some of this too a point. For instance 20 influence to vote may be too little but 200 is too much. That 10x the current amount to vote.

Bannerlord is a longer game that has grind gameplay. I love that but I think TW should try to add elements to make game a little more interesting.

Like have claimants again where you can usurp a current rule or a more immersive way of courting a wife other than charm skill checks.

I would like a little more immersion, not more grind. Game is plenty difficult. That's just me though. Enjoy
Why should 200 be too much.
I gain more than 200 per day, thanks to "Immortal Charm" Perk and the Forum building from Towns.

1 they're always tinkering with this, yeah they don't want you too get to much of either so easily, it'll get reduced
2 No it's okay since you HAVE TO DO IT, you would never have any relations otherwise if they were equal gains/losses, not that they're worth **** anyways.
3 Vassal should lose relation with liege faster when no fief or suffering too many defeats, but other then that it doesn't matter, it not useful anyways.
4 Nope, they should raise the max you can spend to over power the vote though, like up to ALL OF IT
5 The AI doesn't know ANYTHING about the stats and values of policies, they don't have any concept of what would help them or even what their situations and challenges are
6 the whole thing is bad but it's how they fixed snowballing. It just doesn't work the way you think it should and they did it on purpose to stalemate all the AI and make the game drag out. I don't like it but I don't know if they're gonna change this much.

Also I have to say, relations don't do very much in this game. It's not like warband where highs relations are important for recruiting vassals. It barely matters in Bannerlord.

Nope to point 1. Without it we are basically limited to "all my enemies love me but my fellow vassals are completely indifferent to me".

Nope to point 1. Without it we are basically limited to "all my enemies love me but my fellow vassals are completely indifferent to me".
`Did you know that you can spend influence to increase the relation with clans of your faction?

Even when you execute all your prisoner, all your faction members still love you, as long you have enough influence to spend it.

`Did you know that you can spend influence to increase the relation with clans of your faction?

Even when you execute all your prisoner, all your faction members still love you, as long you have enough influence to spend it.
Yep, but its a tiny amount of relationship you gain.

Without the ability to donate captured nobles, for relationship, your best course of action is to play merc for the opposing side of the faction you intend to join first. Soo, we are back to making friends through beating them up.

As it is, it is fundamentally balanced ok.

On the plus side you get some added influence and a higher relationship gain for handing in clanleaders to dungeons.

In return you accept the risk that they might escape and you dont benefit from them getting releashed so you can defeat/farm them again.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom