Search results for query: *

1. Floating helmet.

Thanks for the tips, I guess it’s set to off as some people might want some weapons and armor to have a more “used” look or have variations where there are some more dull looking weapons or armor and some more shiny ones.
    true
  2. Floating helmet.

Hmm I’m not sure, the armors I’m working on are mostly dark coloured leathers so I’ve not gone as far as looking into reflections, sorry I don’t know much about that yet.
    However I am going to do a few weapons next so I’ll see if I come across anything.
    I've just figured that out, just in case you need it in the future.

When you're editing the material, you can go to the Material Inspector and go to the Material Shader Flags, there is an option that says "use_specular", just check that box and it will use your specular map, I don't know why it's off by default

And with "use_specular" option flag enabled, you can use the gloss coefficient in the texture settings tab to make it mirror-shiny =))
  3. Floating helmet.

one last question, how can I increase the reflection on the material?

I tried making one that mimics the physically based bronze, but it doesn't have the same gloss or shine to it.
  4. Floating helmet.

Ok yeah I just checked the physically_based_bronze, it doesnt have skinning enabled so youll need to create a copy of it and instead place it in your own mod folder. One sec more details to come..........

EDIT: OK yeah you got it

Honestly I dont actually know, all I know is that it works lol
    That is so weird....

BUT THANKS SO MUCH!!!!
  5. Floating helmet.

Yeah seems like skinning is the one thing I missed, I clicked on skinning and the helmet followed the head flawlessly.

But why though? Can you explain that to me?
  6. Floating helmet.

Oh also have you used a custom texture?
    You many also need to enable skimming

To do that youll need to open resource broswer and create a new material (or use existing one if you have one for your item)
    Right click on resource browser in your own folder.
    BXA3c0Z.jpg

Then double click on your material:
    85wLftM.jpg

Right at the bottom of the materials is Vertex layout: Then Enable skimming and save the materail:
    JhXnTc5.jpg
    hold on.....does skinning do anything?

oh by the way I used the "physically_based_bronze" readily available for the helmet, is that wrong?
  7. Floating helmet.

Step 1
    I imported the skeleton you sent me.

Step 2
    I imported the helmet (obj format)

Step 3
    I move it into place at the head bone.

Step 4.
    I shift clicked helmet first then skeleton and set parent with automatic weights with ctrl+p

Step 5.
    I shift clicked the skeleton then the helmet and get into weight paint.

Step 6
    I use the (-) sign for everything except the head.

Step 7
    I use the add brush to paint the whole helmet red.

Step 8
    I exported the helmet and skeleton as fbx with both the 'selected objects' and 'add leaf bones' not selected.

Step 9
    I imported the fbx file into bannerlord modding tool and loaded it in model viewer.

Step 10
    Be disappointed to see the floating helm.
  8. Floating helmet.

Ok hopefully that will work.

Also don’t forgot to add an items .Xml file for the in game item, and remember to change the “mesh” in the xml to whatever you renamed the helmet in blender to or it might be invisible.
    If you haven’t got that far yet I’ll make a template for you to use.
    Hi again!

For some reason I can't get the helmet to work, it keeps floating even though I am following the steps you laid out.

I'll go ahead and document my steps
  9. Floating helmet.

Thanks for the detailed reply!

I'll check it out soon and let you know!
  10. Floating helmet.

Hi there!

Thanks for the reply!

unfortunately I am not too familiar with discord, will my email work instead?

and thanks for the video! I have read your that post of yours but maybe since I am too new to this I have absolutely no idea what to do yet.

thanks again! I'll try it out and let you know.

Edit: I think I should mention that I am using the base_head.dae and not the full body.
  11. Floating helmet.

Hi everyone, I was trying to import a helmet mesh and this happened. I followed this guide to the letter and the helmet still floats: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/697071240015380500/768092483019079691/Armor_Tutorial.docx Specifically I used the "parent with automatic weights" option...
Back
Top Bottom