Search results for query: *

1. Religion Thread

I didn't know the word "Islam" could be translated into "peace" but there are different kinds of peace. Wanting peace doesn't necessarily mean you want to be peaceful toward your enemies or everyone who exists, it could be describing a peace of mind that comes from enlightenment or from following rules.

Anyway, it does get a little tiresome to have to listen to all of this "none of these hundreds of thousands of Muslims are really Muslim" nonsense after every boneheaded attack. Only the nice guys are truly Muslim? What a relief!
  2. Funny pictures and videos thread. Not very new but still newest version.

Seff said:
    Sir Saladin said:
    It's ridiculously overblown. Smoking may not be nutritious but if it were that deadly it never would have gotten popular in the first place. Everyone is going to die, there's no point in obsessing over it.
    I can't help but remember that you smoke. :razz:

Sometimes I don't even eat all of my vegetables. I'm such a daredevil.
  3. Funny pictures and videos thread. Not very new but still newest version.

It's ridiculously overblown. Smoking may not be nutritious but if it were that deadly it never would have gotten popular in the first place. Everyone is going to die, there's no point in obsessing over it.
  4. The Charlie Hebdo attack

@ EKTWp

But they had very little contact with each other. Sure, there is some evidence that Australian aboriginies sailed to South America and maybe got killed off eventually or got absorbed but that has nothing to do with the point he was making.

I wouldn't get too upset about ghosts going to mythological places.
  5. The Charlie Hebdo attack

Kobrag said:
    No.
    Seriously, the more contact you have, the more you normalise the people you have contact with.

I.e the protests in Germany, the largest protest was in Dresden...one of the smallest percentage of Muslim practitioners out of all the other cities that held protests, and the other cites? order them up by percentage of Muslim population, and you find that less people were present in the protests when the percentage of practitioners was higher.

That doesn't prove anything. Familiarity breeds contempt and "to know you is to love you" is just a silly song.
  6. The Charlie Hebdo attack

These guys aren't very impressive as martyrs.
  7. What made you roll your eyes today.

What a great idea for a topic!  :roll: (hahaha)
  8. Your views on cybernetic augmentation?

How do you know this is inevitable?
  9. The Charlie Hebdo attack

Radalan said:
    http://www.juancole.com/2015/01/sharpening-contradictions-satirists.html

Al-Qaeda wants to mentally colonize French Muslims, but faces a wall of disinterest.
    But if it can get non-Muslim French to be beastly to ethnic Muslims on the grounds that they are Muslims, it can start creating a common political identity around grievance against discrimination.

Makes sense.

What would be considered "beastly" anyway? You could easily be considered beastly for doing things that only make sense and don't harm anyone. Even if you behave like a doormat it won't be enough to appease the ones who thrive on chaos because they don't want to be appeased, they just want to be righteous and kill people and enslave the wimmins and stuff.
  10. Your views on cybernetic augmentation?

You could carry a sturdy umbrella then. You never know when a gentleman will need to defend himself against ruffians.
  11. What made you awestruck or astonished today?

Goker said:
    Can your PC handle The Witcher 3?

nolyP.png

"Plenty of time to upgrade."  :lol: This is why I do all of my gaming on a PS2 these days.
  12. Your views on cybernetic augmentation?

As soon as sword canes come back into fashion you can bet a bunch of nerdy sissies will get laws passed against them.
  13. What be on yer noggin?

"My name is Bond ... Ginger Bond." I think it works, and just for laughs he should have orange hair.
  14. Introduction/Hello thread

It's full of Germans. Why else would he hate it?
  15. What made you laugh today? v.IV

Vraelomon said:
    Yeah, see Winter gets it. The entire concept of ant man is ridiculous in itself. At the most, he could lift some weight and climb walls. Thats it. Pretty much a toned town version of spider man.

Some ants have a powerful sting so he could sting criminals to death with his butt, Spider-Man can't do that. Ant strength combined with a stinger, powerful mandibles and wall climbing. You could give him a durable exoskeleton too maybe.
  16. Funny pictures and videos thread. Not very new but still newest version.

El Perro Finlandes said:
    Somebody got butthurt for "Holocaust denial "funny" pic" and gave me a warning. Maybe I should have explained why I found it funny. Am I not allowed to ridicule holocaust deniers?

You're lucky you got off so lightly. Simply acknowledging that such people exist is punishable by flogging.
  17. Funny pictures and videos thread. Not very new but still newest version.

Adorno said:

Wonder Woman has an invisible car now?
  18. What made you laugh today? v.IV

:lol:
  19. What made you laugh today? v.IV

SacredStoneHead said:
    Yeah, you just compared the unhealthyness of a Coke with milk, ok.

They are both junk food, but if you can't injest anything without believing it is terribly healthful and nutritious then just keep on believing what you want to believe or what your corporate sponsored government tells you to believe. They have studies and statistics!
  20. Is class relevant today?

But I can't get charged with a hate crime for killing a white man even if I really really hated him just because I'm white too. It's grossly unfair.
Back
Top Bottom