Search results for query: *

1. SP - General Sturgia worst performing faction, due to having the worst Troop tree, Liege AI, Economy and Geography.

6 play throughs, seen that happen a single time - mostly because I heavily recruited there from early to mid game. Also have seen many conflicting reports as well, so I don't know what consensus you're referring to. I guess my point would be, why should it matter if sturgia loses often - as long as you as a vassal are still able to conquer the world with them?

I agree, I haven't seen a lot of the Druz cavalry and I agree that the AI lords need to train units more. But as I said in my original post, the missle cav is far easier to train than any other cav unit - so the lack of the Druz in a campaign where Sturgia is losing makes a lot of sense. That's just a symptom, not the actual problem.

The issue is that the AI is way too aggressive currently - it frequently starts wars and needs to defend or attack something constantly - never giving it time to actually get anything other than recruits (because all the vassals are doing the same thing and the towns are empty). Basically factions don't seem to stay in peacetime for more than a few days and that causes a lot of problems, especially for factions that are losing. A losing faction should seek peace often, and a winning faction shouldn't repeatedly declare war - a treaty would help alleviate some of the issues. Especially as the player when you buy peace just to have that faction immediately declare war on you again within a second or two. Pretty frustrating to deal with in the mid game.
  2. SP - General Sturgia worst performing faction, due to having the worst Troop tree, Liege AI, Economy and Geography.

The player can make anything work, but the AI is a big concern, since they will not be using different unit types the way a player can. Whether we are able to make use of the few cavalry Druzhinniks that we have, along with our infantry and our brigands, doesn't matter. My primary concern is the AI and how they will work with the units available to them. If this is not adressed, then Sturgia will keep getting steamrolled.
    Besides, I think you missunderstood which unit we were talking about. The Druzhinnik is Sturgias melee cavalry, not the Brigands.

That is fair, if the AI being steamrolled was a consistent argument, I'd agree. However, I've seen Sturgia conquer most of the world - same with vladia, same with battian, same with khuzait. Only faction that I've seen consistently get destroyed is the western empire. They seem to die early and often in every play through I've had. It seems fairly balanced to me, everyone reports a different situation they happen to see commonly - it may have something to do with how our play style affects the world. For instance, every game that I recruit a lot from a specific area and kill all the looters there and buy all their food in the early game, they seem to be unable to recover and end up being one of the first kingdoms to fall.

OP was targeting how many different units are the worst performing, I was referring to that. Not sure how a specific unit would fix AI issues.
  3. SP - General Suggestions to fix Prosperity / Food / Garrison interactions

The Problems and Solutions: Town Upgrades Are Broken - A few tweaks could fix issues easier than directly balancing food / prosperity numbers. Irrigation should be a permanent 3/3 upgrade - not a daily default Irrigation 3/3 upgrade should provide enough food for AT LEAST the max capacity of...
  4. SP - General Sturgia worst performing faction, due to having the worst Troop tree, Liege AI, Economy and Geography.

This is a lot of information, you focused on weak points by looking at individuals units but failed to understand what makes them strong. They excel in zerg, chaotic battles - use the missle cav to break up enemy infantry balls while your infantry charges in and you will find that they are exceptional.

But this isn't even their real strength. They are really easy to train up making it very easy to replenish lost armies, I found getting brigand cavalry on them was fastest and most consistent of any faction. Even if they aren't the best units, I find them to be the best return on xp investment - and given that you can't really have anything other than your main army at a certain point in the game (at 3+ cities it's literally impossible to do anything other than food trading if you want to keep your garrisons stocked with more than 100 men - then when you go out across the map and return you find them stocked with 0-20 units after a week because some lord with 20 units managed to make it all the way through enemy lands just to raid your villages, prettttty cool).
Back
Top Bottom