Search results for query: *

1. Resolved Crash on sieges

I got exactly same problem
  2. More battlefield designs

Good job to the devs. So far the game is better and better, but we are expecting more ambitious update instead of balance adjustment For example, it is quite boring that tactics perk increases the bonus of the simulated battle. This should be suitable for NPCs only. Just thinking about the...
  3. [1.3.0 Beta] Strategic skills of Sturgians are... surprising

Leaving home and conquer the far land. Emmm... very Viking style.:grin:
  4. Forest Bandit Hideouts way unbalanced!

Sometimes the hideout has more troops than a castle and the troops can even patrol outside and capture villagers.
    I really want one hideout as fief.:grin:
  5. There is NO successful siege defense

Maybe sieges should be like an event. Enemies can try to siege normally as usual, but sometimes you would get a message "enemy is planning to siege [city]", then you have some time to prepare, and the enemy WILL attempt the siege, with a big force. This might be dependent on your kingdoms intelligence of the enemy or something, but thats going a bit ahead.

On your side, when you make an army, it could have a goal - "campaign to besiege and capture [enemy city]". If you don't attempt an attack until certain time passes, or just fail, then army dissolves and you lose reputation.
    Agreed. There should be some mechanism that may guide the behavior of both AI and player. This will at least give player a chance to prepare for a large campaign.
  6. There is NO successful siege defense

If you have huge army with you sitting in the castle, then that's reasonable thing to do for the AI. You do the same thing. However if you have small force and enemy have sufficient advantage, then they will siege you.

That I can agree with, but I can't see how to change it without making enemy lords suicidal and their AI stupid. Why would lord sit in a castle that he have insufficient men to defend? And I prefer that enemy AI does behave rationally rather then me just having fun whacking their stupid heads around. It's no fun beating stupid inferior enemy. There's no challenge in the fight and no satisfaction in such a victory.

The only thing to change is the standard to trigger a siege. The current situation is that the AI will attack only when player is GREATLY outnumbered such as 100 vs 800. You cannot have a good game experience like this. The second point is that AI lords NEVER defend inside the wall. Just arrange some family member to recruit army and focus on the defense will somehow solve this problem.
  7. There is NO successful siege defense

It's logical that you need to sacrifice some troops to get in to besieged fortress. It's been besieged after all. Normally you shouldn't be able to do it at all, but I guess loosing men while breaking in to, through enemy lines is a good compromise. You have an option, it just comes at a price.

You can see on tooltip what enemy is doing, including when he is heading to besiege something. You can also use encyclopedia to look there enemy was spotted last. Kings are always leading armies. Besides it's also not difficult to guess what place will likely get attacked, it's usually last well defended and closest town or castle.

AI also does fairly good job defending, when you besiege something, free roaming AI lords will come to you and if odds become good, they will attack you including sallying out of the town or castle you are besieging. AI armies will also likely come if they are in range and they will even break their sieges if needed.

Yes. I agree that it is reasonable to lose some troops while defending. But here we are talking about how to trigger an enjoyable battle in siege scene. First of all, there is little chance for you to sit in the castle and prepare for the coming attack. Once you have enough troops, the AI will go else where instead of trying to surround the colony and to starve you. Some aggressive lords might also take action once the siege weapons are built. In all, it should be challenging and exciting experience to prepare the defense and eventuallly have a good fight, just like "Kingdom of heaven", "Battle of Minas Tirith" and etc.

Another thing is about the AI's defending. We just want to fight the AI lord in the siege scene instead of normal battle field. Now AI lords hardly stay in their castle or city. Then the players are mostly fighting an enemy troop without a commander in the siege scene, which makes the game quite boring. Imagine that you have fought against a powerful lord for years and finally managed to force him to hide in the corner of his own castle, then eventually you take the fief and capture him. This will make the game experience much better I think.
  8. There is NO successful siege defense

Yeah. But you get a butt load of Ranged experience as a failing defense lol

My guy had 99 arrows and was out and refilled 1 time by the time they got to me =p
    LOL, indeed and you can even obtain ranged exp by shooting friendly troops.
  9. There is NO successful siege defense

There is no way to prepare for a coming siege battle, and the AI will attack the wall unless player is overwhelmed. On the other hand, player has to sacrifice some troops to "break through" and then he can join a siege defense battle. So player has little chance to enjoy a siege defense and it...
  10. SP - Battles & Sieges More defence battles in siege

The siege battles are great! But, most of the time players and lords are attacking others and there is no NPC army actually besieged. Besides, there is hardly any chance for NPC to defense their castle or city in a siege battle. Unless player sacrifice some troops and break into the town, which...
  11. Too many looter and bandit parties!

Could you limit the looter and bandit parties on the strategic map please? The economic system seems strongly relying on the villagers interaction with cities and villagers are often captured by looters. This is really annoying that even the nation is at peace, there is no way to develop the...
Back
Top Bottom