Search results for query: *

1. Sketch

Official 3D art thread - Warband

Not made a model in months so I thought I'd whip one up to get myself back in the mood.

Actually the first time I've ever made something without a reference funnily enough, no matter how simple of a model I've made it's always been with a reference.

Considering whipping up some form of texture and trying to get it in M&B to see how easy the whole process is, considering whipping up a bunch of weapons as a modder's resource or something.

Sword290709-6c8.jpg

278 tris.
  2. Sketch

Someone got Mount&Blade 1.0 retail!!!!!!

Merlkir said:
    Gotta love those forums:

Stegosaurus posted:

those ******s responsible for the last days mod better make one for 1.0 post haste

they take forever to update their crap, at least modders will finally get started on poo poo once 1.0 is out though

**** those retards. Now I feel really pissed :/

Haha don't worry about it, it's the YCS forum. The entire forum is devoted to ironic over the top posting, don't take anything there seriously.
  3. Sketch

Someone got Mount&Blade 1.0 retail!!!!!!

You won't get a virus from one of the most reputable and well known forums on the entire internet.  :roll:
  4. Sketch

Why is cheating possible on Mount&Blade?

Not everyone wants to chase that sea raider party going 0.1 speed faster than them for the next minute, just to get in a little fight.
  5. Sketch

SP Native Might and Blade - 0.3 FINAL released for .960 -Quick Bugfix Released-

Irpe said:
    could you lower prices of mod items? I mean those what aren't in native. They are very cool but i would like to use them myself, ~70000 denars for tempered valtish claymore of lands is too much IMO

I'll take a look into that for the next release, but until then, aim for Valtish Warmongers, they carry the Valtish Cleaver of Lands. You might get in from a drop, these weapons are pretty much imbalanced, I don't want to make it easy to get the best weapons in the game.
  6. Sketch

Mkilbride said:
    RGL ERROR: attempt to reregister material sample_shield_round_1

All my other mods work fine and dandy, base too, and no problems with them. I deleted the folder, re-downloaded it, and re-applied the quick-fix.

Could it be due to the Graphical Enhancement 2.0 mod I have installed?

Perhaps the Realistic Metal Textures(Which by the way, aren't very realistic, and I didn't back up the originals...bah!)

It might well be a conflict, I've never seen, nor been told of that error, I'd hazard a guess at it being realistic metal textures, but I couldn't say that for definite.

Has anybody else at all had that error?
  7. Sketch

Haya said:
    So feedback, great mod so far. Have been playing the game for 2 hours now and really enjoy the fighting without horses. But there was one thing i noticed when i started and that was that I had problems finding the robbers xD, only found forrest bandits and mountain bandits. Any spesific places to find them?, thx

There are quite a few in Aldasarian lands.

Mkilbride - Can you tell me the exact error message? I can't think why that should happen.
  8. Sketch

Irpe said:
    Sketch said:
    EDIT: Oh I forgot, Nords only have 6 tiers, but their lower troops are stronger than usual, though they don't have as good elite troops as other factions. Pinochians have trash beginning troops, but the best elite troop.
    you mean valtish?

:oops:

Yes  :lol:

I think I'll take a look into scene making, I started making weapons, and then I realised, why bother? When there are packs out there that cover pretty much every weapon model I could ever want to use.
  9. Sketch

rumpel said:
    what about my idea? :p

Sorry, I don't plan on putting any ranged weapons, or horses in the game whatsoever, not even for lords.
  10. Sketch

I'll be whipping up a completely new map for the 1.0 version.
  11. Sketch

So I've discovered I can't actually texture for my life. I can make a model as detailed as necessary, but I slip up so much on the texture. I even tried to use photo textures, the actual photo which my model was based off of, and this ended up happening -

Cutlass.jpg

Is there some sort of insiders tip to texturing from a photo because it sure buggered up when I tried  :sad:
  12. Sketch

Kyroman said:
    Awesome swords and whatnot

That's pretty awesome, just so happens I found that site today and started on the swords too  :lol:

Love your stuff!
  13. Sketch

MassacrMan said:
    No archers please, my valtish warmongerers would be destryoed as they have no shields.

Tell me about it, even though they're not technically the strongest at the top of the tier, I love playing as the Valtish  :smile:

It's amazing how even a few posts like this can get me pumped up to do more, I think I'll start tonight with modelling, and up until 1.0 get a load of custom content modelled. Weapons and houses are easy stuff, I'll have to brush up on the more organic modelling of armour, weapons, and boots though  :lol:
  14. Sketch

doven said:
    Can you make a troop tree please and the Factions troop description and strength for example Vaegirs have strong archers something like that please.

Thanks

Well being a melee only mod, the troop trees don't get much simpler, they go from Weakest -> Strongest.

As for what's stronger in what, again, there's little room to make much difference, your main real difference is Pinochia uses spears and Pikes, the Valtish only use 2 handers, The kratvans are lighter and faster. The Aldasar are heavily armoured and go for 1h + shields. While the Kinsar are a mix.

Being an all melee mod they do admittedly end up similiar, I have to try and make variations in either terms of speed and armour, yet still try to keep it balanced, don't expect great balance and diversity, this wasn't a mod that took months of planning.  :lol:

EDIT: Oh I forgot, Nords only have 6 tiers, but their lower troops are stronger than usual, though they don't have as good elite troops as other factions. Pinochians have trash beginning troops, but the best elite troop.

Aldasar is the faction I think is most well rounded.
  15. Sketch

Herewulf said:
    Enjoyable, though I encountered an odd bug where some of the Lords were clotheless in their castles/towns.

I hope you continue with this mod, despite the odd lack of support.  I'm going to release one that goes along a similar veign in a short while.

haha I noticed that one too, but realised I didn't have the slightest idea what could be causing it  :smile:

I'll just blame it on a man wanting to be comfortable in his own house  :lol:
  16. Sketch

Quickfix released to solve a few troop problems, these are pretty necessary, but you'll need to start a new game.

https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=10&id=832
  17. Sketch

I assume that's using Wings3D, which I'm not familiar with, but those models would look better if not everything was in one smoothing group.

Other than that, nice work!
  18. Sketch

www.mountblade.com.cn is down

Sir Timothi said:
    Sea Raider said:
    but there is not any laws and Regulation in China that forbid people discussing about politics.

Not familiar with communism, are you?

Not familiar with how China works are you? In reality it's about as Communist as I am a walking talking moose, not only that, but communism is not an ideology that limits freedom of speech. Sure there are some issues with dissenters being silenced in China, but there's no law stopping them debating politics.
  19. Sketch

Thanks for the kind words Hayabusa! I designed the mod with a larger battlesize in mind, to give the lower tiers a chance to take down an elite unit if they manage to attack en masse, but I guess that you get that nice effect with the lower battle sizes too  :lol:

Hope you enjoy it Kamos!  :smile:
Back
Top Bottom