Search results for query: *

1. Edith Weiss

Was procedurally generated battlefields removed?

That sucks. Procedurally generated battlefields have a lot of potential. I remember back in warband I used to lead enemies to areas where I would get the most advantage and then engage in battle. It limits the game and involves a lot more effort to actually design battlefields. Picking areas to fight should be part of the strategy.
  2. Edith Weiss

Was procedurally generated battlefields removed?

I noticed that battlefields look eerily similar.
  3. Edith Weiss

My current thoughts

The fundamental elements for that balance are absent from the game right now and I don't see how they could adjust it, short of redesigning a good number of the systems already in place.
    I mean, it already has marriages though I'm not a programmer, alliances are basically just "You can have spouse, but you can't attack us" and "Help us in war" which, Bannerlord must be capable of implementing. Casus Belli? Not sure how to tackle that one in Bannerlord, gonna leave that to smarter people.
  4. Edith Weiss

My current thoughts

Thing is, Bannerlord has lost a lot of what made Warband good in the first place to begin with, largely by responding to suggestions (so it seems) that the campaign should play out more like Crusader Kings. They've completely ruined the progression system, which is an absolute joke, and the only real change they made to diplomacy was a straight downgrade in the form of the Influence system, which you yourself want to jettison which I can only imagine was inspired by the similar magical generation-spanning currencies in Crusader Kings II. Mount and Blade, at its heart, was an action RPG. Strategic elements were, and should be, secondary to all other concerns. With Bannerlord they have apparently tried their hardest to cut out or simplify the RPG portion to the point of irrelevance, a criminal mistake in my opinion.
    That's understandable, but based on what I'm hearing from most of the people who wants a more 'Crusader Kings' like bannerlord, they just want the parts of the game that enhances the mid and late game. Whether it be kingdom management, declaration of war, family, alliances. I'm just saying that there CAN be a balance between the action rpg and the strategy elements it's just gonna take some work to reach that balance.
  5. Edith Weiss

My current thoughts

Ey, thanks man. However, I know sweeping code changes are easier to add earlier, before you've built thousands of dependencies on code working a particular way -- plus, I think the biggest two changes would be 1- how the influence system works, and 2- the amount of additional maps that would need to get made for more locations. Early Access seems like the best time to suggest possible different end goals they want to start heading to, rather than having to make huge changes after release.
    I hear you, but it would be best if they focused on the crashes and balancing of the economy first, which they're already doing. I'm certain that most of the updates until version 1 are just gonna be fixes and adjustments. Best to have people actually play the game without crashing before adding new features.
  6. Edith Weiss

My current thoughts

Awesome stuff. The Casus Belli system is definitely something that will make the game more enjoyable, the only problem is that some players would much rather make Bannerlord just like Warband, but prettier. I'm not saying that's wrong, I'm just saying that, shouldn't a sequel be more ambitious? What's wrong with adding new things. But I think that you shouldn't suggest new features before the game is fully out, at the very least wait for version 1.
  7. Edith Weiss

Why factions snowball? Realistic behavior in unrealistic environment.

The reason factions snowball is probably because diplomacy isn't fleshed out at all. If they make peace treaties more meaningful and last years, that would help reduce snowballing tremendously and making CB's needed in declaring war would make snowballing practically non-existent.
  8. Edith Weiss

POLL: Should players be able to disable the aging mechanic?

Aging and the heir mechanic is cool. I think that basically everyone agrees that making aging an option is better, so like, I don't understand why people are still arguing with each other. Should aging be an option? majority says yes, and that's all, no need to go on a hundred word rant about how warband is better and how you like rpg and not getting pressured by time.
  9. Edith Weiss

Please don't remove aging and generational gameplay.

No one is saying remove aging. Only to make it optional. I agree. Let players choose if they want the aging mechanic or not.
    Sorry! I just saw the response people have about aging and I got kinda worried.
  10. Edith Weiss

It's always easier to remove code from the active game than add it. Most code isn't literally removed even if a developer is sure he'll never use it again, it's just neutralized by being turned into a comment so it won't take force in the game ("commented out")
    Yeah and like, they worked hard on the wrinkles and graying hair and if they use the traits correctly I'm certain the lords, even generated ones, would be unique.
  11. Edith Weiss

I get that people who like to roleplay as their characters want time to explore the world and stuff, but I'm certain that there will be mods that removes aging. Adding aging is more difficult than removing it. It would be better if there are settings to toggle aging on and off and also to change...
Back
Top Bottom