Search results for query: *

1. Statement Regarding Plans For MP Vol.4

Warriors of Calradia

Welcome back for a new update on what we have planned for the upcoming weeks.

We are improving the mechanics for Archery and Throwing weapons, which will allow us to achieve weapon specific behaviour when it comes to readying up and aiming. This will allow us to create more unique feelling weapons and be able to adjust them independently rather than all together like in the last patch.

The AI is also getting many improvements to adjust to these new systems. Use of all Ranged Weapons are being improved by the AI, along with the ability to automatically switch weapons when the situation calls for it. We are expecting these improvements to remedy the major problems we have in Captain Mode at the moment, this is our number one priority.

Fixes to Cavalry Rearing behavior, adjustments to Crush Through and a fix to the Crush Through damage spike will be applied with the next patch.

We are also adding 2 New Maps to Captain Mode, along with adjustments and fixes to current maps. New Siege maps are also in various stages of development.

Many new core multiplayer features are getting added to the game such as Voice Chat, which will allow players on the same team to use their microphones to strategize, coordinate and cheer as they win their matches.

Another exciting new feature is the first iteration of the Observer Mode, which should enable players to watch ongoing matches.
    Sound Occlusion will also be applied in a future patch to improve the overall experience.

We have had Skill Based Matchmaking active for some time now, and we are planning to take it further with the introduction of Ranked Mode, where players will have visible Matchmaking Ratings and Ranks depending on their performance in Skirmish and Captain Mode matches individually.

For everyone to train and prepare for the Ranked Mode, we will be introducing our new Duel Mode. The Duel Mode will be a casual mode for players to hop in and challenge other players in various uniquely built Duel Arenas with any class of their choice. Players will be able to train and improve their skills in all matchups, collect bounties as they defeat other players and make a name for themselves.

@AVRC
    Plz just stop it devs. You are working on the wrong things.

Just give us servers. I bought the game to play mods. You cant fix this game anymore. Only the community can.

You give us the servers and then you can spend time fiddling with whatever ranking esports fantasy you have.

But just give us servers or you will have cheated me and I will never ever give Taleworlds a cent for anything. Moreover I will warn anyone of this deception.
  2. We need custom servers NOW

Servers now!. I bought the game for community servers and I feel very cheated for now.
  3. Dear Taleworlds

release custom servers and let us remove classes and edit the files to remove delay and MP will be hustling and bustling again.
    I support this 100%. It is the only thing that can save MP imo.

TW is almost intentionally strangling MP right now by not releasing servers for the modding community to save this game. Good luck tinkering with matchmaking with no playerbase :grin:.

For the last weeks I can't even get in Siege games anymore. After waiting 30 minutes without a game starting => alt+f4. Imagine if you could just go to the server list, pick a siege server, click and play...

I know the technological challenge must be incredible, to give us something that all multiplayer games used to have 10 years ago.
  4. Can mods save this game?

I'm hardly proposing banning mods. I've been a modder myself for years and I want to get my hands on certain tools once they're shared for Bannerlord.

I'm simply tossing the idea of mods passing out fast or dividing the playerbase by tweaking the combat in several directions, not proposing it, so as to discuss or open that area of interest if anybody wants to comment, develop, or share their experiences. Perhaps the word "all" within the phrase "a consistency in combat in all the mp playable mods " might be taken far enough to believe I would propose a ban on mods, but that's not at all my goal, and if it looks like I meant that, I surely explained myself wrongly. As long as the combat is solid enough and enjoyable, I welcome it.
    I understand especially with this reply that you don't want to ban mods. It is my idea that the kind of uniformity you were proposing, risks as I've seen in a situation that is nearly the same as banning mods. As often it has the effect of marginalising mods, or hiding them in a separate server list etc.

It is a matter of design philosophy; A tightly controlled system of MP, or a very open system (good for mods) are very much in opposition to each other in my opinion.

So if the devs choose one, they will have to kind of butcher the other. I have seen this in many games, and I've never seen development rise above this conundrum.

I want the devs to choose the open route like in warband. I supposed they would do this as they did in Warband. However I am more and more worried that it was a mistake to buy this game as TW seem bent on the eternal hell of tweaking auto-matching based on player skill. I just want to pick a server and have fun, without any stupid algorithms making me wait and choosing the map etc.
  5. Can mods save this game?

One of the things I believe will hapenn is several modded servers using each one their own combat tweaks, game balance settings, skins, lore etc. That could split the community more (I believe it's worse to flat it out with systems such as the current one). So it'd be up to establishing a consistency in combat in all the mp playable mods. Something wich warband already gave by itself, but I invision Bannerlord will fail at providing. Meaning, rather than having each custom server its unique settings, establishing a "mother combat tweak settings" to adapt from.
    What you are proposing here is mostly banning mods. Indeed in that case mods won't save a thing. There is no use to allowing dedicated servers and mods if they would try to enforce "mother combat tweak settings" tied to their ridiculous leveling system.

In many games it's proven that mods can fix all the problems you enumerate. Instead of splitting the playerbase, it might actually get players to come back. I'm quite sure many communities and players that played for years in warband are just waiting until TW allows them to make the game good. There is no doubt in my mind that this is the only good long term strategy for TW for multiplayer.

Unfortunately some marketeers seem to have TW dead set on some E-sports/Microtransaction madness that will destroy their reputation built by the mod-ability of warband in the first place.
  6. Can mods save this game?

Mods can totally make this game great in mp. Played on warband mp for so many years. Every year the community made changes to make things interesting. The community fixed everything that TW couldn't be bothered to fix.

I've just gotten scared that TW is deliberately going to be forced to make mods difficult to do or will incentivise against playing mods for some weird scheme being E-Sports and/or Microstransactions. They seem to be trying to make MP into some type of DOTA2 game. For that to be successful and maybe to be able to sell skins and hats, they kind of have to keep people from using mods where you can use any skin the server owners provide.

We won't be able to tell for sure until we see if/how they release the dedicated server. But at this point siege which I want to play is often empty. And it's not much fun on official servers. I want huge battles Helms Deep style. Not skirmish E-Sports :p.
  7. Statement Regarding Plans For MP

Warriors of Calradia,

We would like to share with you some of the improvements that we are currently working on for Multiplayer.

First and foremost on our list of improvements is stability. We are working very hard to ensure that you have a smooth experience that is free of technical difficulties and server crashes. We have addressed many issues in recent patches and will continue to do so until stability reaches a point that we are satisfied with.

Next up, we want to inform you that the anti-cheat integration will go live soon and be implemented on all servers.

On top of these technical improvements, we are also planning social improvements to address in-game trolling and similar problems. The new Player Reporting System is close to completion, which will allow players to report team killers and other kinds of behaviours that disturb the game. We will also be keeping a detailed game and chat logs.

Our Analytics System is up and running and we are closely monitoring all facets of all game modes. We are planning to periodically release Balance Patches to adjust the gameplay to make sure that the game is balanced and enjoyable.

We also have many new features currently in the development pipeline, such as the ability to find and add Recently Played Players as friends, forming Clans in-game, Ranked Matchmaking, new maps and more.

Our team is working very hard to ensure that we can deliver the quality that you deserve and we are looking forward to releasing all of these features and many more as soon as possible.

Stay tuned!

I'm sorry but this is rubbish we don't need any of this. What we need is our own servers. We'll police them ourselves. The anti cheat is ok though. All the rest is a waste of time.
  8. SP Native Total War style RTS Camera

Thank you very much sir, I am excited that I can try it now!
  9. MP dying real fast

I dont think you understand the idea of matchmaking. The idea is that people on equal skill level play eachother, so if you want to play the game for fun and casual, you're perfectly allowed to do that, but you do so in a setting where the your teammates are of the same mindset. You dont want to be in a game where 10/12 people are competitive and ready to kick your ass and destroy any fun you have because we're there to win.
    Even something basic like putting 12 random people into a game and sorting them onto teams based on previous performance is matchmaking, and is absolutely needed for the game to stay alive. Theres been a few games where I've randomly matched up with other competitive players onto the same team against a bunch of new players and I doubt anyone had fun, I sure as hell didnt.
    No you totally fail to understand. There is no need for matchmaking at all. It is only designed to force microtransactions. Warband has still today a great MP player scene.

Go and study some MOBA games and see what a never-ending can of worms the matchmaking is. You are probably to young and have grown up with only bad games that are all using gamification techniques to make you addicted and pay real money for skins. The last 10 years almost all devs have fallen for this money-grab tactic. So many young players haven't played a good open game in their life. Warband is one of the last surviving games with an open architecture (=multiplayer mod scene). Taleworlds are busy killing their own baby, and reputation.

The game works perfectly fine without matchmaking. Warband proved it for a decade. It is dumb to change a winning formula. Mark my words: if taleworlds don't change direction on multiplayer, multiplayer will be dead within 3 years.
  10. Statement Regarding Plans For MP

We need the ranking system!!!! Make this game like Dota2 and Csgo, Make mount blade 2 great AGAIN!!!!!!
    Oh God no. Those games have been messing around with the terrible matchmaking algorithms and after years and years it is still bad. These skill based matchmaking systems are a horrible time sink for devs and it is impossible to make good. Players ALWAYS abuse it with smurfs etc.

Just give us servers so we can have fun. I don't need xp to have fun couldn't give less about it.
  11. SP Native Dismemberment & Decapitation (Gore)

Could you please provide an alternate link? The moddb seems outdated, and nexus requires registration. A mega upload link would be terrific!
  12. SP Native Total War style RTS Camera

Could you please provide an alternate link? The moddb seems outdated, and nexus requires registration. A mega upload link would be terrific!
  13. SP Native Realistic Weapon Collision. V1.5 Update

Thanks man very nice of you! + Love your choice of filehost :wink:.
  14. Private Servers are desperately needed // özel çok oyunculu sunucular son derece gerekli

I think if taleworlds forces us to ranking servers they will ruin their reputation and go bankrupt. They owe all of their good rep to the open nature of warband (mods+servers).

No game has combined mods and closed ranking system successfully. Most companies tried and failed.

I have bought nearly every thing Taleworlds has ever sold, and gifted to friends. But if they force towards microtransactions (and to do that effectively you have to sabotage mods), well they can take the bet, but my wallet will be closed to them forever.

However if they make the game open as warband was. They can count on my buying all the things in the future, and and on me spreading the good news for bannerlord. The base game is solid. If they don't lock down us in multiplayer for microtransactions, multiplayer will be great in time.
  15. 4 Fixes for TDM (that will probably help other modes)

1) Spawn points - They're a mess. Spawning in an area with 10 enemies around is bad form.

Hehe I'm glad I'm not the only one on that subject for TDM. I have always been baffled they never fixed this in warband. And now they still don't in Bannerlord.

They did fix it in siege, which is great. But with that spawning issue, TDM is a godawful game mode, and I hope I never have to play it again as in the beta before siege came.

As is TDM is just no fun at all for me. Worst game mode by far, and that since warband came out lol.
  16. PRIVATE SERVERS

Please release the private servers now! I bought this game for multiplayer with mods. I will never ever in my life buy a microtransaction. I will pay for expansions gladly though. That is a sound business model.

With private servers and mods, leveling will be useless, and microtransactions won't work.

They will destroy the multiplayer if they force us to play crap so they can get microtransactions.
  17. Will there ever be a multiplayer progression system?

there really is no incentive to play multiplayer, heck even mordhau lets you unlock cosmetic gear and such locked by levels. bannerlord? no point. you are simply just killing time with no reward or sense of achievement.maybe im wrong but i dont think theres a single multiplayer game out there with 0 progression online? every game has something
    This is so sad to read. This is young gamers who have grown up with games full of achievements and rankings.

Let me shock you: the motivation to play is fun. Ranking takes away from the fun people have together and makes everyone focus on farming XP. It makes all games worse.

But it is addictive and designed to make you pay real money in microtransactions to speed up progression. Addictive does not really equal fun.
  18. MP dying real fast

Some kind of matchmaking is needed. I remember Taleworlds mentioning that there is a system that does it, does something more than just randomly throwing Players in 2 Teams (I am talking about the Captain Mode). However i don`t think it works well as i am getting tired of playing with newbies who just started their experience with Multiplayer...

Without servers this may be an issue. But once there are community servers you yourself, I expect will never look back. Why on earth wait for a game if you can just join whenever you want? It makes no sense to me at all.

I've been so jealous of the Oceania Siege server. Every day I check and hope we get one for Europe. It works perfectly and you can even choose your team (revolutionary I know).

It is the only thing I need to start really enjoying the game. Damn you lucky Oceanians!
  19. MP dying real fast

Ah yes I understand what you mean now.

Well to me it (matchmaking) is such a useless thing that will wither and die soon enough (hopefully). I will never play these type of games that match you on score. The behaviour of people is just no fun in such environments so that I don't have time for that however they do it. I have no interest of playing with people who are worried about their Rank score instead of enjoying the game.

Captain's mode works better on warband with just a traditional server. The matchmaking is simply a much worse experience. Taleworlds is bad at multiplayer mostly. It is better if they just let the community handle it as soon as possible.

I mean in 10 years, they still haven't fixed in TDM (both games) that you spawn in the midst of enemies on your own. Community does it better. All the siege maps in warband now are much better than the ones Taleworlds made. The community fixed the awful spawning mechanics in siege. They made maps with several stages that work better than the current siege mode with back capping the final flag possible.

I really can't wait for the community owned servers. At the moment I play only siege but it is an incredible hassle.
  20. MP dying real fast

ranked matchmaking shouldve been the only matchmaking there is... but i doubt that they can balance the classes so only can hope for BLMM
    God no. There should be no matchmaking at all. So many games are ruined by this. Mount and blade was fine without it.

Matchmaking brings the worst of people's behaviour out. You get smurf accounts. You get people leaving for stats. Then you get a penalty system for leaving (or having a bad connection). Then people may be sent to purgatory for disconnecting etc etc.

If they drop all and any matchmaking...Click server of liking. Pick team & class. Have fun.

Mark my words. As soon as people can ditch the matchmaking, almost everyone will. And you will be stuck in a queue with a party waiting for ghosts to play with while the rest is having fun on a diverse choice of servers. And taleworlds will have spent a lot of time and money on something almost nobody wants, and nobody needs.
Back
Top Bottom