Search results for query: *

• Users: bblzd
  • Order by date
  1. bblzd

MP Captain

Any word on new maps coming any time soon?

Also how many maps do Talworlds plan to release?

Also will there be a map maker?

No to new maps soon.

No idea, and I don't think they will even know.

Scene editor is coming soon, like 2-3 patches away from their latest development update.

Total number of maps added to Captains Mode: -1

Not only is there no new map for Captains Mode, they actually took one of the only unique battlegrounds away: Streets of Sylliannon. As far as I can tell devs have yet to mention why they took it away, for how long it will be gone, if it will ever come back, if they have a replacement in the works, etc.

There wasn't enough stages to begin with and now there's even less with no word on what's being done about it causing Captains Mode to become stale.

In the Closed Beta developers would release versions of the existing maps using different weather and seasons at least. For example we had a snowy, Christmas themed version of the Island map which made them feel different. I was hoping that would continue but seems additional Captains Mode content has been at a complete stand still since before Early Access even began.
  2. bblzd

MP Option to hide chat

An option to hide the chat would be nice, or a "Mute All" button on the leaderboard. However do consider if a single player is being annoying you can always mute them using the leaderboard and clicking on their name - this is currently a working feature.

Unfortunately the mute function is only temporary for 1 game so trying to mute the chat bots each TDM and Siege game is a chore.
  3. bblzd

MP The local "Mute" must be eternal - TaleWorlds, please hear!

+ option to literally mute chat completely could be a temporary solution.

+1 option to hide chat would be ideal. I assume it hasn't been done since chat is currently the only form of communication allowed in the game with no ping system, voip, or animated gestures (yet).

I had suggested this earlier but wasn't met with much enthusiasm. However now that more have experienced how terrible chat gets (in TDM and Siege especially) maybe more will be open to the idea.
  4. bblzd

In Progress Requesting update regarding Battle Server crashing mid match

Hello,

Thanks for reporting. We do collect information from servers. However we had/have issues regarding collecting crash dumps on Linux machines. Some are resolved and we are getting dumps for some cases. There are still some issues left. We are investigating those issues at the moment.

Thank you for the update azakhi.

If someone suspects an area of a map has a chance of crashing the server is that worth reporting (in private) or would you already be aware of something like that?
  5. bblzd

Captain Streets of Syllianon

Your right your highness, @bblzd we should have ran this by you first.

Map was horrible to play on once everyone has a bit of playtime and realised it’s just a mosh pit in the middle that decides who wins. If I want to play captain mode I want a bit of strategy, having (theoretically) a third of my games a bar brawl equivalent would eventually make me close the game. Removing it is the best course of action.

Are you now advocating for undocumented changes being made to the game? A simple "we've removed X from rotation while we work on the balance" would suffice, no?

Personally I enjoy maps that have different play styles but more so than that, I enjoy having more than 3 maps in the game mode. It's not even replaced by another and Streets has been in the game since Closed Beta so why is it being removed arbitrarily now without a single word or reason? Leaving us to only speculate and defend/question the actions.
  6. bblzd

In Progress Requesting update regarding Battle Server crashing mid match

Battle server crashing has plagued the multiplayer since Closed Beta and does not seem to be getting better with time. Is there a light at the end of the tunnel here? It's such a common occurrence it goes unreported as a bug anymore, but if that helps please accept this as a bug report...
  7. bblzd

Streets of Syllianon is already banned in captain mode tournaments, this removal honestly helps us a lot. The map in its current state does not fit the gamemode, nor does it present itself as a fair and balanced platform for all factions. The devs have heard our feedback regarding the issues plaguing the map, and im very glad theyve decided to act based on that feedback

Removing 25% of the map pool indefinitely hardly seems like the appropriate response in this situation.

Was this mentioned somewhere in patch notes that I missed? Otherwise if this is an undocumented change that makes even less sense.
  8. bblzd

Yes I believe so, thankfully , they are probably working on redesigning it or maybe removing it all together. I believe they said they were testing new maps for captain mode so i'm really looking forward to having more variety to play with.

While I'm not against a map rework I don't there are enough maps right now to be removing any for an indefinite period of time.
  9. bblzd

Was this map removed from rotation? Haven't seen it at all recently.
  10. bblzd

Resolved Cannot use All available texture streaming budget?

What is the VRAM usage parameter you observe from the MSI Afterburner? Which resolution and graphics options are you using? Can you also check the VRAM Windows? Thanks in advance.

I have since changed from a 5 year old GTX 970 4GB (which shorted itself playing Bannerlord RIP lol) to RTX 2060 S 8GB. With 1080p Fullscreen Custom settings around High the estimate shows 2448MB / 8020MB will be used. See screenshots below for settings.

Both HWinfo64 and Asus GPU Tweak2 (similar to MSI Afterburner) are showing 3500MB+ VRAM usage during game play with it dropping to 2200MB at the main menu. In this example I was playing Multiplayer Captains Mode 6v6 on three different maps.

Windows 7 x64 with Aero transparency effects enabled uses between 200-400MB of vRAM idle on my system. Taking that into account the estimate might not be as far off as I once thought. Please let me know if there's anything else I can check.

Untitled.jpg

Untitled2.jpg

Stats.jpg
  11. bblzd

Resolved Isle of Deriad flashing ground texture with symbols

This graphical anomaly is still visible across the entire ground texture of Isle of Deriad in 1.4.0

Would this issue get better visibility in the Map Related Issues sub forum?
  12. bblzd

Resolved Cannot use All available texture streaming budget?

The software will only use as much of the VRAM as it needs and the user is unable to force it to use more.

However that's just an estimate. Using MSI Afterburner shows my VRAM at nearly 2x the estimate from the settings page. I'm guessing you would notice the same.
  13. bblzd

MP Option to hide chat

Could we please have the option to hide chat unless we press Enter? Lots of spammers, griefers, and Dead folks distracting their live counterparts. Also, I believe chat should be reverted so that Dead can't speak to the living once more.
  14. bblzd

Need More Info [1.4.0] Quick Battle server crashes

Since last night I've been getting a different type of server crash than before. Instead of watching every unit run in a straight line for 30 seconds before timing out I'm instantly booted during gameplay though with the same "Battle Server has crashed" message as before. Unlike the typical...
  15. bblzd

MP Siege

Warmup can be a bit too long now, I think if the game would start once reaching 50v50 that would shave a good 2-5minutes off the warmup times.

There was a boost to players trying out Siege after this patch however with server crashing still as common as before people seem to have stopped queuing Siege once more. Hopefully any data and telemetry regarding server crashing is being looked at to resolve the issue soon.
  16. bblzd

Crashing when trying to join games

You know what I mean and you can look through countless threads from here and the 'beta' forums to see for yourself. You are entitled to your opinion and I am as well. Being dishonest about it or rude because I dont like something you like makes you kind of an ahole.

If you're unwilling to explain your opinion and will only go as far as to say offensive statements to the those making the game, unfortunately that makes you and only you, the ahole my friend.

My opinion is that your opinion is a joke but I'm not going to go around posting that. I'll keep it to myself as it adds nothing to the discussions here.
  17. bblzd

Resolved Number of corpses

Last we heard from the devs the number of corpses setting was for Single Player only as Multiplayer servers have their own variable for that.

A previous update moved the corpse setting into the graphics options which made me think perhaps it was a global variable now, but that does not seem to have changed.
  18. bblzd

NA Servers for Southwest US

Not sure if the player base is large enough at this time to split NA queue between multiple regions.
  19. bblzd

Crashing when trying to join games

The MP in this game is a joke.

If by joke you mean a fun time laughing with friends then yes, you're correct lol. Thank you for your amazing insight it has added much to the discussion.
Back
Top Bottom