Search results for query: *

• Users: RDP
  • Order by date
  1. What is the actual reason we can't get server files?

I feel like it makes more sense for them to release servers as they obviously dont care about the multiplayer... put every mp dev on releasing files and be done with it since mp isnt thier money maker. Could it be that they are holding off to add microtransactions?
  2. Disccusion about the current position of Infantry

Niche games like this rely on community servers which doesnt look like is happening and taleworlds dont understand the multiplayer side of this game, you all need to put it down and either wait for community servers and modders to fix this rubbish or a better company to copy it. I come back to forums every now and then to see if community servers are up and i see the same arguements every time, TW does not care about the MP.
  3. New Development Update Video Rant

Only way multiplayer gets to decent state is if they release a seperate mp game that we pay for. They got our money already, they dont need us anymore.
  4. Are we wrong or are the devs wrong

Theres no personality to the game, everyone looks the same because of classes, no personal banners or gear choices, no progression. They just havent given us a reason to play the game more than a week, thats a dev problem not connecting with young gamers these days. The veterans probably dont care about that stuff, they just want good combat and this really complex impossible to add gamemode called battle, but they cant do that without young players to populate it.
    Also they are funded by the government there so they have no reason to finish the game or even be successful since there are no outside investors pushing them, they just do enough to keep getting paid.
  5. Custom Servers should be Taleworlds only priority right now

Taleworlds have proven that they have no idea what they are doing, i check forums every now and then to see if there is development on community servers so modders can fix the garbage. They had plenty of time to make something great but released something with less content and personality than warband, early access is no excuse for what they released.
  6. .

Seems to be doing better than most niche games, i have recently gone back to it and there is plenty of people, i think what the op said is right even though i personally dont want it for m&b...it brings in and keeps casual players even though the melee combat is clunky af and even harder to face vets than m&b. People want progression, skins and meme type rubbish these days but yeah i dont know why i even bother looking at forums now haha game is done, tw have failed mp.
  7. Why is TW still not allowing custom servers?

I think the question should no longer be "why is Taleworlds still not allowing custom servers?".

The question should instead be at what point did Taleworlds even reach the conclusion that any system other than custom servers should be the default one. Six months into EA, and more than a year since I played the closed beta I have no doubts that the whole thing is fundamentally flawed and will unfortunately never get better. There's just no coming back from this point.

Multiplayer of this game is so underdeveloped it's really hard to imagine what all the time went into. But think about the following, once TW did decide to produce Multiplayer as a component in Bannerlord someone had to:
    • Decide on multiplayer's direction. What is the core experience and how should it look like?
    • Decide how connections and servers will be handled. Matchmaking or custom servers? Or maybe both? Which has priority?
    • Decide how equipment will be selected. Freeform? Forced presets?
    • Decide which gamemodes will be the focus. Siege? Battle? Duel? Or the invention of new ones.
    • Decide what progression will look like. Ranks? Badges? Paid cosmetics?
    • Decide what core combat will look like. Skill based? Or perhaps not.
    • Decide on a ton of other small, but important aspects like banners, player profiles et cetera.
    Now think about those decisions above, and what direction was taken in Bannerlord's Multiplayer.

Spoiler: All the wrong ones.

The old community evidently wasn't interested in this, and the 'new' MP experience is so lacking that no substantial new playerbase worth mentioning has gathered. Did anyone at TW really think you can make a bombastic new popular MP game with 5 maps in the pool or something. There's far better and far bigger generic MP games like this out there. This one has no soul to be unique, nor the content to compete with giants.

In the end the answer to all questions like the one posed in this thread is:
    • Multiplayer market research and analysis(if there even was one, hard to believe there was one) reached all the wrong conclusions regarding what made M&B's multiplayer what it was. 90% of the good stuff from Warband simply isn't there in Bannerlord.
    • The same research also reached wrong conclusions on what makes MP games good and popular in general.
    • The Multiplayer team is too small and understaffed.
    • The Multiplayer head designer has had the wrong idea from the very start.
    Now it's simply too late for real changes, I'm afraid.
    Too true, the one game i have looked foward too for 10 years is a massive fail mp wise and will never recover, anyone know a billionaire to make what we want?
  8. Is Bannerlord MP fun/noob friendly?

I think the current gear/class system and the warband system is outdated, i have recently started playing mordhau and i believe that system is more suited to people nowadays, scrap classes and scrap factions.
  9. Any Oceanic players actually left?

Isent that the name of the game everywhere
    Yeah oce vets quit within a week or 2 so it was just new players left.
  10. Any Oceanic players actually left?

Yup oce is waiting for community servers/battle mode since we dont get matchmaking servers, the current gamemodes/classes/combat we have now isnt replayable enough for new players to stick around.
  11. 6 months into EA and devs still do not understand what ruins their game.

Game needs battle/community servers/custom banners etc and an actual good trailer with someone showing off the mp combat that isnt dog**** to bring people back. Mordhau for example had a good trailer that got streamers attention which made thier community grow, Among Us is a recent example of streamer influence. Combat and balancing is in a bad spot atm but its still fun when its populated.
  12. Please remove cavalry from skirmishes

6v6 is **** altogether especially with no unit caps, give us battle.
  13. Bots in TDM

Give us battle and more matchmaking regions and they will come. Why they havent given us battle yet i will never understand.
  14. Archers in 1.5

Even if it's perfectly balanced, even if the archer is at the very top of game balance, to me it's not fun to play. Moreover, if you're hit when readying the bow, the process starts all over, same with throwables, with that release delay that feels unnatural in comparision to throwing things in any videogame. Somebody said ingame it's about getting used to it, but, well, getting used to something that's way too unfun atm is not in my radar.
    They need to make it harder and slower, 1.5 is a step in the right direction, ranged weapons are way too easy to pick up atm, why play inf and the core mechanics of m&b when you can just have a full auto sniper rifle.
  15. Archers in 1.5

Bring back warband archery, it was perfect. Noobs sucked and people that put time into it made it look op, the way it should be.
  16. 1.5 feedback from DM

You can start your throw as you run then stop a sec and throw and it feels the same as before, same with archery, just gotta get used to it. Archery still needs more arrow drop, its just too easy.
  17. More Gamemodes

BUMP the Battle mode idea!!!!!!! It would make clans with more than 6 players relevant
    Would make the game relevant, the most obvious gamemode for this genre is left out... makes no sense.
  18. 1.5 feedback from DM

Throwables may have been overnerfed slightly but archer nerf is almost spot on, its still very easy to shoot people since you barely have to account for arrow drop yet takes a little more skill and time now which may deter bad players from choosing archer for easy positive k/d's. Warband style archery is still the best i have ever played in any game.
  19. Swing cancel time

You can feint untill you hear the swing which is more than enough, a left right late feint combo is so fluid that it looks like a normal swing so i would have to disagree.
  20. 1.5.0 Beta Crush Through Ranking

How does it feel?
    Is it annoying to fight against and does it make 1vX a lot more difficult?
    I'll probably wait til 1.5 hits the stable before testing it all out, but I'm still a bit suss on this mechanic.
    I havent tested it in mass combat but duels it was really annoying and even felt bad to use because i didnt win from skill but just a dumb mechanic
Back
Top Bottom