Bots in TDM

Users who are viewing this thread

For a number of reasons, the online community of Bannerlord is suffering and few servers are reaching population cap during peak playing hours. A number of servers don't get populated at all and several gamemodes are unavailable to a number of regions. OCE doesn't have access to Skirmish or Captain Mode and I'm under the impression that there are no dedicated SA servers whatsoever.

To give players something to do to kill time while waiting is to add 5-10 bots per side of varying skill to TDM. This allows players to practice combat in their own region and servers would never feel empty, stimulating play. I understand that committing the resources to extra servers for low population regions could be too costly. Unfortunately, if TW does nothing, the playerbase will not thrive despite how the new combat and content feels. What are other good ways to encourage active players other than sales/free weekends? The game is in a really fun spot right now and it sucks to see so few people on MP

As a further question to this - bots worked on warband and players were able to "poll" how many bots on each team. Implementing a polling system would be a great way of following up to this suggestion. The polling system could imitate warbands, but have a 51% majority threshold for acceptance from the populace.

As a further question to this - bots worked on warband and players were able to "poll" how many bots on each team. Implementing a polling system would be a great way of following up to this suggestion. The polling system could imitate warbands, but have a 51% majority threshold for acceptance from the populace.
Uh oh you dont want to talk about "polls" thats a no-no word to the Bannerlord developers. Sad!

Give us battle and more matchmaking regions and they will come. Why they havent given us battle yet i will never understand.

Everyone on TDM already plays like bots

Average server pop won't increase anyway until some major work is done on the game, most notably ; custom servers & modding or some otherwise large MP overhaul

they are already a lot of bot just spamming attack with 2 hand weapon in DM. No need more :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

This would be really great especially while the player count is low at the moment. A lot of the time I'll launch the game but wont even bother joining a server as they're often completely empty. And there's probably a couple other players browsing the server list at the same time, thinking the same thing.
Bit of a Catch-22 where noone will join the server because noone is playing. Noone wants to be the first guy in because there's nothing you can do but wait and hope that others join. With a couple bots I could easily waste a bit of time slaying them, which in turn should fill that server a bit and encourage others to join.

It wont cure everything but I really like this idea especially while the MP playerbase is struggling.

Back
Top Bottom