Search results for query: *

1. Insanely OP unit in SP.

According to this devblog , it is supposed to.
    However it is undoubtedly widely known among us that the combat AI suffered a considerable downgrade several patches ago.
    I've noticed that the combat AI is multiple times better when it's fighting you as opposed to fighting another AI troop. I don't know whether it's actually there in order to increase game performance or just my own false assumption though.
    Lords are definitely much better at fighting against you in the arena than regular units are though, it just feels to me like the level cap for AI skill levels should be lowered even more.
  2. Insanely OP unit in SP.

A shieldwall with one guy is basically just telling him to move slow and not attack much.
    Yes, it makes quite a bit of difference if he has a shield.
  3. Insanely OP unit in SP.

@Apocal @D0c1
    Would be interesting to see how the shield wall command plays into it as well.
  4. Problems of Security Variable

Higher prosperity should lower security a bit. It would make sense for larger populations to require more soldiers to police them efficiently.
    On a side note, I think the starvation modifier should be changed from a flat status to a progressive one, going from minor penalties when you're producing less than +5 food, to the point where your town is forced to use its stockpile and finally the point where you can't even feed your citizens.
  5. Pillaging sucks, don't do it.

@Duh_TaleWorlds if the current calculation really is just Prosperity based, then I think buildings levels reduced should also be added to the calculation in some way.
    Also are fortifications included in those lost building levels? Because it would be quite ridiculous to lose wall levels just from a bit of pillaging post-battle.
  6. Open Post: Armagan, We Could Use A Video Update Addressing Our Concerns

That's very much false. We care about the game and we care about our community. Your suggestions and feedback are gathered from various platforms, including this forum. These suggestions and feedback are then brought up in dedicated meetings where they’re evaluated and processed by the relevant developers.
    Could you guys start making quick posts in the suggestion threads when you have read the suggestions and have decided whether to implement them or not?
    Right now it feels like the suggestions are there, but nobody from Taleworlds is paying attention to them. Because of this many suggestions are getting reposted over and over again and nobody knows if they're actually going to lead to anything.
  7. The 'Consolization' of Mount and Blade and Bannerlord

What I do have a very large problem with is that we are hearing that features which were present in Viking Conquest and Warband are now ' too complicated to implement'.
    Seconding a source for this
  8. Cavalry and Bad Mechanics

If cav are in the ground, infantry is at the middle of the earth
    With more consistent bump stabs cav are better now than they've ever been in beta.
    Cavalry are supposed to be stronger than infantry.
    The reason they only "lance people in the back" is because every other viable cavalry playstyle has been nerfed to uselessness throughout development.

The greatest problem with cavalry is that it should cost a lot more than whatever Taleworlds is willing to make them cost in comparison to infantry so cavalry will never be balanced realistically, only based on gameplay.

Anyways that's my two cents, I'll leave the arguing to people who actually play multiplayer these days.
  9. Cavalry and Bad Mechanics

Nice to see MP players still complaining about cavalry even after nerfing them to the ground in the beta.
  10. SP - General better recruiting: easy to implement

Never had this "problem" myself, I always do quests for my faction notables to get extra recruitment slots.
    It sounds like you just blitzed through this part of the game and into the mid-endgame.
    Also the Combat Tips perk at leadership 25 does exactly what you were talking about, it gives an extra recruitment slot for settlements of your culture.
  11. SP - General Making castles useful

Right now castles are quite useless for a clan to have since even with all the income from the villages and rents from the castle combined they generally can't even pay for 100 elite troops. And currently the villages are defenseless without a lord patrolling around to protect them. As it...
  12. Castles value

Castles should do at least some of the following:
    Reduce the wages of the garrisons in them by default.
    Train the troops inside them much faster.
    Allow you to recruit noble troops from them.
    Automatically recruit troops to fill the garrison from the surrounding villages.
    Automatically send out troops to defend nearby villages from raids or aid nearby armies in battle.
    Send out small patrols to wipe out any bandits.
    Serve as a hideout for smaller armies and parties fleeing from bigger ones.

As they are right now they don't have any value at all, as most of their value comes from villages that the AI can easily raid no matter how amazingly upgraded and staffed your castle is.
  13. Information about developments at snowballing problem

Problem with this solution is this will expel landless clans of weak kingdoms which will make snowballing worse. Currently about 30% of clans be landless after first 5-10 years and if we start removing them this will result in weak factions to lose strength and this will result in lose more lands and then more clans, a cycle... So after losing 2-3 fiefs at game’s initial years mostly that kingdom will continue getting weaker and weaker by time. For the health of gameplay we should create ways for come backs of weakened kingdoms we should not to make it harder.

However still this is one optional solution but I am not fan of it. Maybe it can be final decision (because this is offered too). Then things will be worse for snowballing again. Anyway still can be better than doing nothing about this problem. Because party / clan inflation will be really big problem for late game if not fixed somehow (after rebellion feature).
    That's true, but there still needs to be a way for kingdoms to get rid of unnecessary clans, so maybe make it so that they start considering expelling clans only when they start losing too much money keeping them around? So they will keep extra clans around as long as they have enough money to share with those clans, but start expelling them once their own wealth starts to run out.
    I think we can just stop respawning their lords if they lost / cannot keep their initial settlement (during rebellion they get one settlement) and other kingdoms should not recruit them without fief. I offered this solution I do not see any reason to not apply this. So after last lord party is captured by enemies they will be totally eliminated. If they could keep their settlement for a reasonable time they can be hired by another kingdom with their settlement or they can continue capturing new settlements.
    That's a good fix.
    It would also be interesting if the old kingdom could reconcile with the rebels by giving some concessions if said kingdom is in a really bad situation and can neither spare an army to crush them or afford to lose the settlement.
  14. Information about developments at snowballing problem

Unfortunately knowing the problems does not mean they will be 100% fixed. I am trying to underline this problem for long time (started 2-3 years ago) however situation is still same. So I cannot give you a guarentee for fix. For any problem, (1) possible solutions need to be found and (2) these solutions need to be approved then (3) lastly they need to be applied. However step-2 is a bit hard to pass here.

For example currently a new feature rebellions is added to game. According to design after a rebellion occur a new clan is added to game. Yesterday I made a new test run and collect datas to see if everything is ok after rebellions is implemented and see that total clan count increases 1.5x in first 20 years so lord party counts too (actually lord party count become 2x more than clan count increase because all clans also tier up and spawn more parties by time). I prepaired charts / graphs / data tables and reported problem. Offered 2 different solutions for fixing this problem (npc clans to tier up 50% slower (yes it is a cheat not perfect solution but we need to slow down tier up process for npc clans to lower number of parties at late game, fast tiering up of npc clans is not important thing for gameplay it is only important for player to feel progress) & rebel clans to be removed from game if they cannot hold their initial settlements (most cannot hold)). These 2 solutions were solving problem mostly without damaging other mechanics. However they are not accepted and no new solution is offered yet. So this problem is left in game. So currently number of clans / lord parties at game consequently increases after rebellion feature. All efforts done previously for balancing game is damaged with this addition because now we have 2x party on map at late game (20-30 years after starting) it was 1.3x previously (from tier ups). So settlement per clan decreases by half by time, this decreases tax income average per clan, this increases ratio of poor lords so parties start to recruit less people to their parties, when all lords are poor and has less men they stop wars and all world go into peace. Also because of income decrease kingdoms stopped hiring mercenies at late game. As summary lots of balance and game mechanic get hurt after one new feature.

I am trying to give an example. As a dev we are not in so different situation with players. You play the game and see problems and you offer different solutions to your valid problems and when you see there is no development about your problem for long time you can feel that your possible solutions are not cared. However it is similar for us too and knowing the problem sometimes does not mean it will be fixed. We prepare tables offer solutions and sometimes nothing is done.

B75y8.png
    xI4GT.png
    Sounds like the best fix to this would be some sort of soft cap for clans in a kingdom (based on amount of fiefs) after which the AI would start considering expelling landless clans.
    After that you could make those clans into mercenary clans and remove them from the game if they fail to keep themselves afloat as mercenaries or have other kingdoms take them in if they need more clans.
  15. SP - General Thrust Spears with Shield Up

I have to agree with spears needing some sort of buff as they are currently worthless when compared to any other weapon in an infantry fight.
    Though I don't think being able to thrust while blocking is the way to do it.
  16. SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Better balanced starting armor

Starting equipment overall should be reworked.
    It's a bit strange that Vlandians and Imperials can't start with crossbows for example.
  17. SP - Economy Why equipment pricing should dramatically drop

Youre damn right! Those armors and weapons arent for peasants, squires nor some common Mercenaries to use
    Then why does it cost under 1000 denars to upgrade any peasant to use them?
  18. Patch Notes e1.1.1 & Beta Hotfix

What caused the problem and how was it fixed?
    @Callum Same question here, I also want to know whether town bankruptcy was actually fixed or Calradian towns just decided to start printing money.
  19. SP - Economy Why equipment pricing should dramatically drop

There're no helmets for 1million denars in Bannerlord and Warband had a bunch of armour and horses for >20k. Not to mention difference in economy and daily income in Bannerlord. And you can't buy towns in Bannerlord. And wtf are you talking about? =)
    Yeah, you could get dyeworks for 15000 denars that made 500 a week in Warband, so outside of the early game grind you could get a lot more permanent income than in Bannerlord.
    The armor and horses you are talking about are modifier items - the ones that give you a +1 to +5 stat bonus for up to 1050% of the original price.
    Also you can buy towns and castles through barter with the 225 trade skill perk in Bannerlord.
Back
Top Bottom