Search results for query: *

1. EMPIRE IS INVINCIBLE

Key bit of information: You're playing captain mode
  2. anyone concerned about 1.5.0

People love swords, so logically they'll add swords back in eventually
  3. Block Delay

At its current state Warbands mechanics are better then Bannerlords but I also belive you can improve Warbands mechanics by quite alot aswell. The biggest problem with Warbands for me personally is the fact it looks so ridiculous. It becomes even more prominent when watching a Warband match in the higher skill level rather then playing it.

I can admit I never played alot of Warband multiplayer, maybe 150-200 hours, it was quite fun in its own way but it doesnt look serious in a way. I have never succeded in getting a friend to play Warband with me and I really tried for some time, but allways lost them when showing gameplay of it, even when I said that I could buy it for them. For me that says quite alot about how bad it must look.

My point is simply that Warbands mechanics are probably better but still needs to be reworked to be taken serious.

The issue is that you were diminutive of this entire thread and a change that people have been clamoring for by labeling it under a 'fanatics just want it to be like warband' umbrella, without yourself actually having any input for why it should or shouldn't be added. There's plenty of things from warband that have made it into Bannerlord, in fact most things that the game is comprised of have, so that's not an adequate reasoning.
  4. MP Shields are op and there aren't enough skills to open up an opponent

How to fix
    1. add more unique skills in the game to make it so you can open up your opponent
    2. reduce shield health
    3. make parrying easier (it is just really hard to pull off i tried it multiple times)
    4. maybe implement a shove mechanic so when people are just running up to you to get a side hit they can get "shoved" and "stunned" for a brief moment this should stop players from just hugging you or maybe they will get "off-balanced"

Main Things to take away
    Add more ways to break someone's defense
    Discourage players from "hugging" your opponent
    Feint them, step away, hit them.
  5. taleworlds does not care about the experienced players multiplayer scene

There are reasons not to. Because of elite nerds using whole nights to find out which exact sword still hits at 0.9 meters distance while still being light enough, or which exact shield is cheap and doesn't break after x hits. You get hyper-specialized ninjas that way that will hand new players their quote "asses". Think that's pretty much in line with what you stated. Additionally newbies could be overwhelmed which could probably not cause but feed into an early notion of feeling helpless, yes.
    If they're pros who stay up all night checking the exact phantom range values on swords, an extra hit on a shield isn't going to factor in at all to how badly they beat a noobier player. He was going to die anyway. Picking those ideal items would only be useful in a competitive setting, for the minute advantages they each give. This is spoken by a competitive veteran [me].
  6. About movement speeds in combat, it s too fast

I agree in that the swing speed is much slower now, so you can't get a hit out in time to retaliate against someone without them often running out of range, resulting in a lot of weird spinning and swerving [which seems to be exactly the kind of gameplay Taleworlds was trying to prevent]
  7. taleworlds does not care about the experienced players multiplayer scene

And although that happens a lot actually with many games I happen to think that the MP in WB had a problem and they fixed with the new system. That is just my opinion.
    I highly doubt players got 'overwhelmed by gear selection'. Taleworlds themselves have stated that players left games when they got their asses handed to them by veterans, this I agree with and have seen happen personally, but that's the nature of joining multiplayer in a game that's many years old already. What does *not* happen is people who've played SP logging into MP, looking at the equipment screen, and for some reason being so 'overwhelmed' that they leave and do not return. Do you leave an ice cream shop if there's too many flavors to choose from? In my experience its the opposite. Choosing your loadout from a bunch of the gear and weapons you've seen in campaign is part of the fun of multiplayer (specifically for people new to MP). People would get faction mods and switch teams on the invasion mods just to see what kind of cool gear was available to them. Being 'overwhelmed by gear selection' so much that they 'leave and don't come back' is absolutely ridiculous and does not happen. That being said, there ARE reasons to implement a gear perk system... The points you made just aren't any of them.
  8. taleworlds does not care about the experienced players multiplayer scene

I don't mind the class system, I can see how its an easier option for playing for new players, and this is coming from a Warband vet. What I do mind is the gimpy slowness of the combat, the block and attack delays, the sluggishness of some things. How many hits it takes to kill somebody. I'd like to see all that change first.
  9. Multiplayer is entirely unrecognizable from warband

Honestly cav J

why tho
    The guy's been posting the same thing since beta, for like 7 months. Not sure what his agenda is.
  10. Multiplayer is entirely unrecognizable from warband

These "4-5 guys" are mostly cav riding and voiping with friends. Well, I also wrote a thread about that, that I want an auto-match which doesn't take into account Steam friends. Well... we're all not gonna get 100% of what we want.

So you don't have any friends to play with? It's not hard to see why.
  11. Multiplayer is entirely unrecognizable from warband

you cant be serious can you? tell me ONE THING that has been improved upon from WB multiplayer
    He hated Warband MP and he'll play Bannerlord MP for a few hours and call it quits too.
  12. Stance Swing Speed Comparison

We need some god damn feedback from the devs, Callum hasn't mentioned MP since release and the threads are piling up
  13. MP Multiplayer Feedback from the Competitive Community.

why is it still this broken taleworlds why would you do this
  14. My view of the MP as an Alpha tester.

"But that guy can block EVERYTHING! He is cheating!"
    :roll:
    Like Reddit's mouthpiece
  15. I am repulsively disappointed in MP, Taleworlds.

I need to stop getting dragged in by this - going to ignore this thread. Let's just leave some facts for you though guys.

- The game is selling brilliantly.
    - Reviews are great.
    - TW love the class system and don't want to get rid of it.
    - The class system is not going to be replaced or removed.

With these four facts you have three choices.

1) Don't buy the game because you don't like it - find another game.
    2) Accept that the game is different now - move on with your life.
    3) ***** and moan about it for years - far beyond the caring of anybody.

I highly recommend options 1 or 2... but it's your individual choice...

Reviews are good, not great. 'Very positive' is the equivalent of a B+/low A.
    The game is going to be different regardless, we're loyal fans who want it to improve and the developers want feedback. We're giving it to them.
    How about you stop participating in these threads and move on with your life if you think they're a waste of time.
    Judging by the devs previous responses to these threads during beta, they do care, and they do read. They just have a different opinion, and as more people play they may see that the statistics they've been collecting are flawed and that their opinions were wrong.

A game selling brilliantly now doesn't equate to a game selling brilliantly over a long period of time, nor to the game's longevity. The main driver of its sales right now is hype, considering there aren't many more features apart from graphical improvements that weren't available in Warband. Your comment is superficial in its depth and your ultimatums that you've given are completely self conceived by you.
  16. I am repulsively disappointed in MP, Taleworlds.

I don't hate the game personally, it is early access, yes, but the remarks of treading on stuff that can be added isn't something to be angry about. We all want community servers, and improvements in melee will come with development on the game, nothing is going to come instantaneously. I can understand your frustration, but most of the things you are talking about are very simple fixes, that we all expect, I agree with hasting the adding of the topics you talk about, but to be exceptionally angry about it just isn't worth the energy. I expect most of this stuff to be added within this month, if not the next.

These issues have been around since the beta testing began [nearly a year ago] and have been complained about it since. The devs rationalized them and made tiny, minute fixes to try and appease the tester base. Don't expect anything amazing to happen.
  17. I am repulsively disappointed in MP, Taleworlds.

i like the multiplayer and the class system is in my opinion much better then in warband nativ, co calm down and play warband if you want warband. i guess the mount and siege server is searching for people like you

Spoken by a person without any substantial amount of time played in Warband MP, and soon to be insubstantial time in Bannerlord.
  18. I am repulsively disappointed in MP, Taleworlds.

Is that NA or for the entire world? Also, how often do clans scrim each other. I may be a bit out of date here as I stopped competitive play 5ish years ago when North American clans that were actually actively working together daily to get better numbered around 5 having lost tens over the years often stating disbandment because of TW lack of fixing issues or support.

I don't doubt you can probably cobble relatively inactive old people together when one person notices an event, but are they actually competitive, playing daily, having practices, challenging other clans in scrims, etc. That's what I mean by what I said.

Because as of right now, this is what warband looks like. This doesn't say active clans pushing cutting edge competition.

5556b6c10aa944bcfad1f17f45615e21.jpg
    The game is 10 years old, everybody is playing Bannerlord while its brand new. Clan scrims also don't run 24/7, they run at scheduled times, taking a screenshot at a random time in the middle of the day isn't indicative of anything. You can check player numbers for a few months ago, the game had 1000 players total between NA/EU in prime-time for MP.
  19. My view of the MP as an Alpha tester.

The point people keep making about there being a lack of customization on Bannerlord compared to Warband is completely overblown. Once the metas were established in Warband, nobody deviated from them anyway up until the game died. The variety came from CRPG and mercs. Ive been around since Warband beta and by and large, the community has been toxic, completely uncooperative, adverse to any sort of change and half of them resorted to cheating anyway, I dont blame the devs for lumping everyone together and not wanting to listen when the community has shown that they cant self regulate - Bradley

Cheating, really?
    Stop making things up.
  20. My view of the MP as an Alpha tester.

Have 3k hours in warband multiplayer and agree about most of the points. It feels like they wanna be more casual, have game be like chivalry/mordhau/modern FPS games instead of their own unique flavor. The spears feel really weird in this one because you can't thrust and aim them left/right, you gotta be facing enemy directly face to face. Also 90% of the time the cav gets away after being stopped dead in their tracks with a spear thrust.
    Waiting for battle/duel servers, or even smaller 10v10 TDM server where you can recognize players/try out stuff, otherwise right now everything feels like no-name same looking units fighting.
    Those casual games - Chivalry, Mordhau, modern FPS' - have a large player-base for the first year or two, then die. Warband has outlasted all of them in player count and is 10 years old. They should've stuck to what their community, which was large, wanted, instead of dumbing the game down. Such a work of art ****ed.
Back
Top Bottom