Search results for query: *

1. Tastesslikevictory

Looters = snipers now?

The looter is supposed to be cannon fodder. L2p does not apply to a unit that really should be wiped out from the map after a month, as it was in Warband. I am playing this game to fight enemy soldiers, not looters in rags.
    Then don’t fight looters
  2. Tastesslikevictory

It has not been 8 years...

That's a good question. I'm not sure if they hit themselves in the balls with the claw hammer (that's not an english expression lol)
    Bannerlord is currently the 3rd most played game on steam, I don’t think they hit themselves in the balls with a claw hammer lol
  3. Tastesslikevictory

I honestly don't see the relevance. I don't care if they took 8, 3, 20 or 55 years. I care about the end result. To me Bannerlord is a game that is very rough around the edges, but definitely enjoyable to play even in its current states. And I see them working hard to release patches to address issues, and right now they are taking steps towards the right direction relatively quickly.

My guess here that 7.5 of those 8 years were spent running around in circles. Then they kind of figured out how to do things towards the end. Judge them all you want for that, I sure won't because I have done the same thing in the past (heck, I am "working from home" right now). I am just happy that the product has a solid core that they can work around, and that they are actually doing it. Just like they did with the original Mount and Blade and Warband.
    Agreed
  4. Tastesslikevictory

I am repulsively disappointed in MP, Taleworlds.

The feedback during the closed beta started off 100% critical, unemotional, and highly detailed. I don't remember seeing anyone hurling insults(although someone might have). It only degenerated into where we are now because nothing was addressed and TaleWorlds resolved maybe 5% of the problems brought forward by the community. It took months for people to get angry. I think it's fair that I'm angry.
    I’ve seen quite a few from the start, But then again, it’s a matter of personal preference
  5. Tastesslikevictory

Hideouts are impossible

If they managed to patch it so quickly, why was it there to start off with? This is what i meant with rushed.
    who cares if it was there to start with, they fixed it and that’s all that matters
  6. Tastesslikevictory

I'm sick of hearing this myth. 3D artistry and optimisation have very little to do with each other. You don't make a game run faster by making it look worse. Sure you can turn the graphics settings down in a game, but there is a big difference between that and claiming that bannerlord looks bad just because it has a lot of stuff on screen.
    Then why does turning off shadows and other graphical settings make a game run better? The engine just can’t handle 1000 troops and Witcher 3 graphics.
  7. Tastesslikevictory

I mean there’s a lot of dicks who play this game, but the pure amount of feedback given by mature players is insane. You could fill books with it. I agree there are people who are just yelling, but the vast majority of players are pretty mature about it
    yea I agree, but still, there are some of those “mature” players are way to whiny when it comes to early access, and I’ve seen a lot of posts that complain about features they dislike but don’t give valuable feedback that can fix it.
  8. Tastesslikevictory

That's how I see it too. It's like they're perceiving the forum feedback as insults rather than constructive criticism that can be used to improve the game.
    I mean, when a lot of these posts are insulting I don’t blame them lol.
  9. Tastesslikevictory

What do you guys think about highly unsatisfying features?

-kicking a standing shielder but he still can block your hit
    -killing a riders horse but he slides so far away from you that you cannot hit him on the ground
    -you cannot read who you killed since the killfeed is confusing
    If you kick a guy with a shield, then you souldnt be able to do any damage to him

I mean that’s pretty realistic depending on the variables that go into it. If a horse is killed moving quite fast, then as in the laws of motion, the rider will also travel quite a distance
  10. Tastesslikevictory

I didn't say they suck. I said they're from 2010, which is true.
    Did you play warband? Cause the graphics sucked, and yet it’s still played by millions of people. Now, of course it’s all up to personal preference, but if the games good, graphics don’t matter.
    personnally, it does not look like a 2010 game. But again, personal preference I guess
  11. Tastesslikevictory

OP said "not been 8 years"
    Guess what, no excuse, 8 years.
    Honestly why does it affect you so much? Did you have nothing else to do in those 8 years? Maybe go outside or do something man, forgive and forget. Sure it’s been 8 years, but it’s out now, It’s time to accept it
  12. Tastesslikevictory

PvP is really fun. I'm hooked on it.
    The single player is just horribly unfinished. How do you not have voice actors doing the parts of the villagers etc?
    The graphics are from 2010. Skyrim looks better and that came out 9 years ago.

Was this a money grab? Who knows but I feel the money is worth it just for the PvP.
    I haven't played single player, I'm not going to ruin that part until they're done or modders fix their game.
    bannerlord has thousands of npcs on the same scene at the same time, of course the graphics aren’t going to be wonderful. But to say that the graphics absolutely suck is an overstatement, the graphics are actually quite beautiful, and in my opinion better then Skyrim.
  13. Tastesslikevictory

Rebellions and independence to prevent snowballing

I've been trying to find a blog or dev diary that states this, but I can't find anything. Do you have a link to anything that can support what you said?

I truly hope the devs are working on something.
    I thinks it’s mentioned on the early access announcement thing that states whats not going to be in the game, let me see if I can find it.

also there is a video from gamescon that shows villagers sieging a castle. Tho I don’t remember what video
  14. Tastesslikevictory

Crime and Gangs

Relax guys! This is an early Acces.
    See this as a huge beta test for the game and help the team by reporting problem.

Few options are just not yet available because they are still working on it.

Better EA than nothing guys.
    Exactly
  15. Tastesslikevictory

Yeah so honestly, unless those 600 hours were spent in MP Battle & Duel you likely have no idea what competitive players have in mind when we talk about the combat being completely different.

I don't mean to gatekeep less experienced players or say that you can't have your opinion.. but I DO mean to say your opinions holds less weight. You don't know what you're talking about :xf-wink:.

This is the same old fruitless discussion that is always had with the casual base of Warband. You simply don't get it. We treat this game and analyze the mechanics like you would CSGO or DOTA2. Every minor detail has major implications in high level gameplay, which TaleWorlds has completely thrown to the wayside. What the combat-focused players got in Bannerlord is a game that is alien what we know, filled to the brim with changes that scream to us that the devs do not know what they are doing.

Then casual players merrily come into the discussions saying "its got 4 attack and block directions, nothing changed!".

I like direction shield blocking too for the record
    Yea I gotchu, I’m not much of a competitive player so i can understand your points.

Yeah so honestly, unless those 600 hours were spent in MP Battle & Duel you likely have no idea what competitive players have in mind when we talk about the combat being completely different.

I don't mean to gatekeep less experienced players or say that you can't have your opinion.. but I DO mean to say your opinions holds less weight. You don't know what you're talking about :xf-wink:.

This is the same old fruitless discussion that is always had with the casual base of Warband. You simply don't get it. We treat this game and analyze the mechanics like you would CSGO or DOTA2. Every minor detail has major implications in high level gameplay, which TaleWorlds has completely thrown to the wayside. What the combat-focused players got in Bannerlord is a game that is alien what we know, filled to the brim with changes that scream to us that the devs do not know what they are doing.

Then casual players merrily come into the discussions saying "its got 4 attack and block directions, nothing changed!".

I like direction shield blocking too for the record
    But then again, it is a new game, things are gonna change. It might be for the best to just get used to the changes

<don't double post>
  16. Tastesslikevictory

How far can the game progress?

Have you conquered all of Calradia?
  17. Tastesslikevictory

As the others said and I don't mean to be a **** to the newbies (i'd rather we be dicks to the devs), my guess is you did not engage with Warbands melee system at a focused enough level to recognize the changes that were made in Bannerlord. They are sweeping and the combat is a completely different beast, for the worse
    I’ve got around 600 hours in warband, and the only thing that seems to me to be different is the slow responsive times for some movements. Other then that, it all seems to be the same. honestly I kind of like the bannerlord combat a little more because of the shield deflection movements.
  18. Tastesslikevictory

You didn't play enough.
    Both bannerlord and warband use 4 directions to attack from, that right in of itself are the fundamentals of the combat system
  19. Tastesslikevictory

.Game engines, contrary to common belief, are fairly straightforward to make, especially nowadays. I've seen game engines made by individual coders in a matter of months.
    I disagree, look at Bethesda, they’ve had the same game engine since Skyrim in 2011
  20. Tastesslikevictory

I honestly just don’t see whats wrong with the combat, it’s fundamentally the same as warband ?‍♂️
Back
Top Bottom