Search results for query: *

1. fadohacolu

Alternatives to rescuing kidnapped daughter?

Are there any other quests that are actually reasonably doable and provide a decent amount of gold? Or do I just need to do this quest 9+ plus times until I have enough money to buy a workshop and then enjoy my infinite gold? Getting kind of old starting a new character every single update...
  2. fadohacolu

In Progress Missing Companions after sent on quest. ( leaves the map )

Just discovered this bug myself. Spent hours roaming around Ain Baliq killing bandits before resigning myself to it being a bug. :facepalm:
  3. fadohacolu

Suggestions/Opinions. Do You Agree?

I agree with the speed of the game being very strange. I feel like the cities are not fortified enough, as they are constantly changing hands on a whim. Troops upgrade very slowly. Bannerlord feels a lot more like Viking Conquest, which in my mind was supposed to be the hardcore version of the game. Parties move slowly too, especially the player. I've had 60+ armies outrun my group of 8 with 5 horses, setting me back over and over again. These of course were parties from a minor faction that I am unable to make peace with and are preventing me from joining a kingdom.

There's also WAY too much loading. Do I really need to go back to the world map after talking to the enemy party leader to choose my next course of action? Do I need to load in the entire town just to talk to one merchant there? I had hoped this HD reskin of Warband would at least provide with a smoother, more immersive and accessible experience but it is actually far rougher just playing.

The lack of quests, amount of game breaking bugs (do NOT take 'Army of Poachers' quest!), lack of information and amount of loading are pretty disappointing. Obviously this game is early access, but I'm just baffled by how rough it is after 8 years. I think TaleWorlds was trying too hard to go AAA when they obviously don't have the experience or resources needed to do so.
  4. fadohacolu

Dev Blog 20/06/19

With relation and influence penalties, even when raiding enemy villages, it still seems no more worthwhile than raiding in Warband. It still seems to be only useful if the player is desperate for resources. I just really hope the AI suffers the same consequences as the player- nothing more infuriating than having your villages sacked and being unable to respond in kind without serious penalties while the AI walks away free and clear.

On the other hand, it doesn't go very deep, and as others have said it doesn't add much depth to the 'evil' playthrough.

JuJu70 said:
    so in essence everything the same as in WB+mods.

Don't forget the better graphics! Except those are already outdated, so... yeah.
  5. fadohacolu

Dev Blog 09/05/19

This sounds interesting. I hope the AI is able to handle the decision making with this and doesn't open itself up to exploits.

Even more, I REALLY hope something differently is done with village relations. As things stand, there are almost no situations in which raiding is beneficial in WB. Which is even more infuriating as fellow lords spend 50% of their campaign time raiding villages, but the player can't do so without making everyone angry, ruining relations with lords, settlements and ladies alike.

BIGGER Kentucky James XXL said:
    Every time this influence system pops up it's completely out of place and nonsensical. It's like a mana system from a bad paradox game.

So, any Paradox game, in that case.  :razz:
  6. fadohacolu

Dev Blog 11/04/19

I'm really excited for the focus this stage of the siege is getting. This idea was very poorly implemented in Warband, and ended up being annoying more than anything else.

Also beautiful screenshot. I love the smoke it the room, it looks great and adds a ton of dimension. I hope this type of effect is used often.

7. fadohacolu

We need to talk. Taleworlds is throwing everything away what made them great

Lolbash said:
    Methinks you might just be looking for things to complain about.

Pot calling the kettle black

Seems like you're implying there isn't anything to complain about.

Then again you come across as a pretty devout fanboy, keen to whiteknight whenever and wherever possible, so it wouldn't surprise me if you actually felt that way.
  8. fadohacolu

The beta needs to be singleplayer or have the option to play singleplayer.

What portion of singleplayer would you propose be made into the beta? A MP beta will let testers explore and experience the combat in a variety of ways, and will have replay value. Unless a SP beta is something like EA, it will get stale quick.

Only thing that might be fun is if TW let us play around with the character creator, but I don't see that happening.
  9. fadohacolu

Why so much Attention give to multiplayer??

Why was there a single dev blog about multiplayer?
    FTFY
  10. fadohacolu

Dev Blog 29/03/19

Eomm said:
    I hope the youtuber "Resonant" gets a beta key, as its rare on when I go on these forums, but I do watch his videos on Bannerlord.

+1
  11. fadohacolu

We need to talk. Taleworlds is throwing everything away what made them great

I'm about as pessimistic as they come in regards to Bannerlord but the notion that a 6v6 is going to somehow ruin M&B is ridiculous. I'm not even convinced this isn't a troll post. Obviously, M&B is primarily a single player experience, as the countless blogs before this one attest to.

It's only a good thing that Bannerlord is going to cater to the desires and expectations of the modern gamer, which include a certain degree of multiplayer support. There are a lost of things to complain about, like delays, aging graphics and canned features, but complaining about a multiplayer game mode is one hell of a reach. Methinks you might just be looking for things to complain about.
  12. fadohacolu

TW, heres how you can release the game faster

"Mods will fix it" is an extremely naive and uneducated position. Modern modeling and texturing tecniques have become more sophisticated and require more powerful tools. The gap between enthusiasts with time on their hands and trained professionsals grows every day. Warband was in just the right spot given its relative simplicity and the fact that the modding scene had exploded in the five years leading up to its release. BL is a completely different animal, especially with all the aforementiomed engine changes. Just consider the studio size that worked on WB vs BL. Even if these facts were somehow debatable, it doesn't change the fact that expecting a bunch of random internet denizens to fix a AAA (in the ways you want it fixed) rather than expecting the studio to do a good job is jaded at best.

But by all means, let's remove planned features so the REAL MVP's (modders) can immediately get to work and make our dreams come true. After all, wouldn't want the pros to waste time utilizing that shiny new engine. Better let the unpaid amateurs have a crack at it.
  13. fadohacolu

Dev Blog 29/03/19

Mr. Fleshcer said:
    TW should pick the people who were playing Warband Multiplayer before.

Well im at 0 hours of MP, but if I start playing now 8/hrs a day it will take me just over a year to get there. Hopefully that will be in time for the beta!

On another note, I hope testers will be allowed to post some videos and screenshots for us to feast our eyes on.
  14. fadohacolu

Dev Blog 29/03/19

I have never played MP, and was never very interested, but that Skirmish Mode does sound fantastic.

Also excited by the possibility of a closed beta... though I bet they'll only invite Yaga and no one else :lol:
  15. fadohacolu

Viruses in Bannerlord

Triune Impurity Rites 999 said:
    I wanted to pick fun of Lolbash with the rest of you guys, but then I thought, what if he's right and ButterLard is a means to insert our machines with detestable viruses and malware. What if its not then really a game, but one elaborate Trojan?

Who cares as long as it's fun?  :lol:
  16. fadohacolu

TW, heres how you can release the game faster

Bannerlord is barely more than a graphics update even WITH these features you mentioned. Take them away and it's a straight up reskin.

Not that graphics aren't somewhat important, but after all the waiting there's gotta be more to it than that.
  17. fadohacolu

Dev Blog 21/03/19

LordCanute said:
    anyone notice how there is a hilarious amount of watched and muted people? I suppose this is what happens when a moderator for a never to be released game has nothing to do all day except watch/mute/ban any comment that dares point out this ancient unreleased game not being released.

This is all we have to do anymore. None is going to talk about this newest gem of a devblog of how bannerlord is going to have a pathfinding skill the same as warband lol

Complete nonsense. I've been complaining basically the entire time, but I haven't been so much as warned. Civility and at least an attempt at something constructive goes a long way.

KhergitLancer99 said:
    Although I am all for freedom of speech and liberty in the forums I also believe the place to cry because of the slowness of developement process isnt the forums but some less official places like steam forums. We also point this out and complain when some news related to this come out but considering the fact that developers read this forum regularly in order to receive some useful feedback so that they can deliver us the game in best shape, I think we should avoid polluting the forums with useless spams and complaints like release date, slow developement process since I am sure devs are more than aware of these already.

Also complete nonsense. There is so little to talk about from these dev blogs, and so little that hasn't been talked about already, that it's natural for a considerable amount of discussion to degenerate into expressions of impatience and disappointment.

The 'out of sight out of mind' attitude of wanting to relegate complaints to steam/vg/reddit accomplishes nothing more than the complaining does. I would even go so far as to say that the dismissive attitude towards the discontent members of this community is a large part of what fuels the frustrations they already feel, and is in no way constructive.
  18. fadohacolu

Dev Blog 21/03/19

hugeknight said:
  19. fadohacolu

Dev Blog 21/03/19

BIGGER Kentucky James XXL said:
    DtheHun said:
    They are targeting casual followers, and - seeing the mostly positive reactions - it works for them.

Ever since the new blog format was released there's been nothing but vitriol all across the internet. Check the facebook page whenever a blog comes out. People are m a d

I haven't looked at FB, but I'm not surprised. Oddly, /vg/ doesn't seem to be as consistently upset as these forums, but somehow I doubt Callum is lurking there. Anyways, I wonder how long community annoyance and disappointment will persist before turning into apathy towards the game.
    Terco_Viejo said:
    Mates is not a matter of memory is that the information is published by Taleworlds on the internet, there's the point. They have so many blogs and cheap wordiness that they don't know what they have published, or what they have said the day before yesterday...that you think I have a database  :lol:? not at all...a quick search on the net with keywords and voilà...collated information.

You are the champion of the people.
Back
Top Bottom