Search results for query: *

1. [QUESTIONS] Quick Questions//Quick Answers (Redux)

what's the quickest way to get a castle?
    That's a very open-ended question. As a vassal, you just have to have a few points in Persuasion so that other lords follow you. Otherwise you need a few hundred renown, maybe closer to 1000. Once they agree to follow you, just siege a castle and you don't even need your own army for this - the other lords will gladly throw their troops at the siege and it will still count as if you had taken the castle and the king will give it to you no problem.

If you don't want to be a vassal, then the answer is as soon as you can hire ~200 hero adventurers.
  2. Help with Tweaks and Bugfixing

In case you can't tell from the total lack of activity on these forums, the mod has not been updated in years and the devs won't update it anymore. With that said, it is virtually bug-free, save for a few very minor rare glitches here and there. Going by the mountandblade subreddit though, a lot of people are still playing it to this day. You are more likely to get answers regarding the mod there.

As far as the tweak you are referring to, it does work. You just have to follow the steps carefully. Use Notepad++ as the editor, and make the edits manually - don't use search & replace. A lot of the wiki, as helpful as it is, was made by people who probably weren't native English speakers, so some of the directions are phrased awkwardly. Like I said, I've actually gotten that particular tweak to work at some point and had my character marry Iranith (sp?) in-game so I can confirm that it works.
  3. Prophesy of Pendor vs Bannerlord

PoP is a fantasy setting and not what Warband or Bannerlord intended to simulate. Several of PoPs features are a bit stupid or at least artificial, judged from that background. I'm not a big fan of PoP to be honest, especially the Noldor thing and the customs orders with custom troops annoyed me.

That said, a more story driven fantasy setting, with more troop/race diversity, a bit magic, dark forces or such could have been one way to improve BL. It would just not be the original M+B idea. Land of Sika is an example for a mod after this concept, I would perhaps like it if it had not the custom troops feature integrated. And I surely will play The Old Realms.
    I know PoP is often labeled as fantasy, but the magical/supernatural elements in it are very few and far between. The Noldor are supposed to be elves, which you wouldn't even know if not for a few dialogue mentions, otherwise they look just like regular NPCs. And one minor faction (heretics) occasionally field undead troops. And that's it as far as fantasy settings.

If anything, I've always felt PoP was "the game that Warband should have been". It's mostly the same basic Mount & Blade game, just improved. But I suppose to each his own.
  4. Prophesy of Pendor vs Bannerlord

I am sure this has been done many times before, but the other day I felt the itch once more and fired up ole PoP and could not believe how much this ancient Warband mod has going for it. Considering its popularity it really makes you wonder why BL devs could not borrow any of its concepts. 1...
  5. Everything has a price - question

You need to put a wanderer(or family/wife) as governor, then talk to that governor. It's new change so crappy guides won't tell you.
    Keep in mind other factions may attack you once you're a kingdom.
    That did it, thank you! Talk about making it as unintuitive as possible.
  6. Everything has a price - question

I think you need clan tier 4 if I remember correctly
    Sorry, forgot to mention this. My clan is tier 5, something like 2500 renown.
  7. Everything has a price - question

So I finally made it to 300 Trade and got the perk. I was able to buy a town from one of the clans. So that part works as expected. However, it does not create a new kingdom. And when I go to the clan tab it does not display the button to create a kingdom either. I am in Sandbox mode, by the...
  8. [BUGS] Support Thread for v3.9

Literally unplayable!

Untitled.jpg
  9. Curious, what's the current state of the game?

Do you mean native mount&blade? Because Bannerlord got less features than Warband. They scrapped some half-baked mechanics, like feasts, but didn't add new stuff to make it up. I don't think the comparison threshold should be native mount&blade, because they said they were gonna up their game and raised the price accordingly.

The features' goal should be at least the same as in the last games. I agree the game is playable, but at this state I wouldn't recommend it to anyone unless it's on a 60%+ sale
    No, I mean Warband under the final patch. Just off the top of my head, Bannerlord has things like the clan system with companion parties and caravans, character aging, death and having kids, the barter system, smithing, deeper fief management with governors, loyalty, security, militia, rebellions, etc. You've got kingdom laws, influence, forming armies, executing lords, and so on. These are all entirely new mechanics that did not exist in Warband.
  10. Curious, what's the current state of the game?

I don't get the people claiming that there's not enough to do or that the game lacks features, etc. Are we forgetting what Native Warband was like before all the big mods? BL has a lot more depth than WB, even in its current raw state. Is it unfinished? Yes. Flawed? Of course. But even in this state it's hella fun and perfectly playable.
  11. Beta Patch Notes e1.4.1

- fixed khuzait chairs
    At this point I'll take any Khuzait nerf I can get.
  12. Endless War

I finally cracked and installed Diplomacy Fixes mod and my god its like a new game.. Use vortex to install it and its pretty easy. You can literally just turn off the wars if you want by putting huge timers on peace. Its completely configurable and will immediately change your game :smile:
    What are some other settings that you (or anyone else familiar with this mod) would recommend? I like the configurable truce timer but the rest of the settings are somewhat confusing, especially the whole war exhaustion thing. What's the best way to keep it close to vanilla but simply enforce truce timers?
  13. PoP planned for Bannerlord ?

Hearing so much about Bannerlord actually made me start a new PoP campaign. From all the reviews, it sounds like BL is going to be an awesome game... eventually. But hearing about all the bugs and unfinished features does not exactly make me want to buy it just yet. Apparently half the skills don't even work?
  14. Permanent companion party skills builds

The other good Agility and related skill trainer for your CKO - and my preferred one - can be Frederick, because he starts off with enough STR and power skills to be a competent soldier. So you can start pumping AGI with him asap. Sara needs some power skill investment to be able to score enough kills later on as well for a potentially higher level after all.

Other than that, I prefer to leave companions for more of a secondary skiller (which won't be needed 95% of times), as I tend to spec into Wound Treatment, Surgery, First Aid, Looting, Trade, Engineer, Path-finding and Tactics (only of I don't intend to spec into throwing weapons or bows) myself, so that we get the +4 bonus for these party skills. And of course, I also max Inventory Management, Trainer, Persuasion, Prisoner Management and Leadership at the end of the day, as well as the required power skills and get 6+ AGI skills at least. Achievements and bonuses from books are taken into account as well of course in terms of maxing skills.

All of this is mostly possible with the proper character start for optimal and maximized skill layout (male -> a respectable physician -> apprentice of a local craftsman -> self-employed merchant -> series of unfortunate events), by pumping only for INT from level-ups and leaving STR, AGI and CHA to Elixirs of Arkon. By level 49, I can reach 63 INT this way. Further info for this character progression setup can be read here and at further posts above/below: https://pop3.fandom.com/wiki/Talk:C...901-20190420094003?permalink=24421#comm-24421

And then Tracking and Spotting can be left to companions...
    I agree as far as using the main character for most party skills, as that +4 bonus is simply too juicy. But lvl 49? How many in-game days does it take to get that high? I think the highest I ever got was 37-38 and even then it took a really long time and eventually felt like a grind. Got any tips for leveling?
  15. mid game gameplay issue, unplayable

You simply need higher relations with lords in order to be able to capture them. 50 honor isn't all that high. If you get it to 300+ you should be able to recruit any upstanding/good-natured lord when you become independent and take them prisoner. Besides honor (and for less honorable lords) you can raise relations through quests, capturing and releasing them, and fighting alongside them all before you become independent. It's a good idea to spend some time as a mercenary with different kingdoms. The money is good and your faction relations reset when the contract runs out.

That's the thing about this mod. It's all about setting your long-term goals and thinking strategically about accomplishing them from day 1.
  16. [DOWNLOAD] Prophesy of Pendor [v3.9.5 IS NOW OUT!!!]

Just wanted to stop by and say thanks for all that you do. It's pretty amazing how a 10-year old mod for an 11-year old game is still able to capture our imagination even after all that time. Hopefully now with Bannerlord within sight Pendor will find a new incarnation.
  17. [QUESTIONS] Quick Questions//Quick Answers (Redux)

Does anyone know the details of how the resolve dispute quest works? Like, does it improve relations between the 2 lords by a specific amount or what? It seems like the two lords still hate each other even after completing it. One of those rare things I still can't figure out after dozens of campaigns. Not a huge deal obviously but sometimes you just want a perfectly harmonious kingdom you know :wink:
  18. [QUESTIONS] Quick Questions//Quick Answers (Redux)

Does the resolve dispute quest actually improve relations between vassals, and if yes then does anyone know by how much? I've got the quest to resolve dispute between lord 1 and lord 2. They both agree to put aside their differences. But then I make lord 1 marshall. Lord 2 gets upset.
  19. [QUESTIONS] Quick Questions//Quick Answers (Redux)

Is there any limit on the number of prisoners?

https://imgur.com/a/DAXhVIO
  20. Fierdsvain always get annihilated?

In my experience the Empire is by far the most hopeless faction. D'Shar take Rela Keep within the first week. Always. Without exception. Followed by another one or two castles. Then Sarleon jumps in and will take Seven Cross Keep and they never recover, at least not without very heavy intervention from the player.

Fierdsvain actually do fine in my games. They often take Senderfall shortly after the start of the game, which I find impressive. In general, it seems that my games always go the same way and the same factions always dominate. I have seen posts from devs saying that it's supposed to be random and balanced but that just hasn't been my experience.
Back
Top Bottom