Search results for query: *

1. Whatever makes you happy

Dev Blog 06/09/18

Ammsamdoij said:
    Whatever makes you happy said:
    SatelliteJedi said:
    Oh dear.... removing the castles building/upgrades makes me sad. That was one of the main features that I was looking forward to. Will castle upgrades still be available (for actual castles/Towns) or is that scrapped all together?
    Upgrading is still there. This was mentioned in the rocket beans stream.
    So it's just like Warband  where they exist, there is just no visual change?
    That I can't answer. It would be cool if there were visual changes. I'd love to personally visit my manor for example. (I know some mods do this)
  2. Whatever makes you happy

Dev Blog 06/09/18

SatelliteJedi said:
    Oh dear.... removing the castles building/upgrades makes me sad. That was one of the main features that I was looking forward to. Will castle upgrades still be available (for actual castles/Towns) or is that scrapped all together?
    Upgrading is still there. This was mentioned in the rocket beans stream.
  3. Whatever makes you happy

Dev Blog 30/08/18

warpowerfull said:
    il Condottieri said:
    After eight years...

1-Your character stills goes running everywhere, even inside the buildings

2-Weapons not being used are attached to bodies in some (let´s be nice) "funny way" For example it seems that looters have a particular fetish in autoflagellating themselves with spiked maces

3-Bows and arrows occupy two different slots on your personal weaponry inventory. Who would carry one without the other?

Well, the game looks nicer, but it seems that it will still have some ridiculous issues Warband had.

1. Someone already posted a video showing that your character can walk besides running, so this is completely wrong.
    2. This isn't really a huge deal and also I believe they are still working on it.
    3. Why shouldn't bows and arrows occupy different slots? There have different type of bows as well as different type of arrows, how else are you going to equip them?
    I've never played a game in which bows and arrows shared the same inventory slot. Even Minecraft separates them.
  4. Whatever makes you happy

Cav Collision Mechanics

The game is already punishing enough. I don't want to fall off my horse every time I crash into something. I can't even think of any contemporary games that do that.
  5. Whatever makes you happy

Colored Party Numbers For Character

This was one of the details i took note of back in 2016. I doubt they removed it.
    iRflq.png
  6. Whatever makes you happy

More voice Acting for NPCs please

Targir said:
    Many of the games nowaday have voice acting for NPCs. 
    Please add as much voice acting as possible to make the game alive.
    If animations is too much to match the voices then you can skip the animation  just add the voice .

Voice acting is less flexible. You can't be as context specific unless you want to record ungodly amounts of dialogue or have it sound incredibly choppy. I doubt you'd want the voices to be the same or similar so that's even more recording that needs to be done. Some sports games, manage to pull off context specific dialogue to a passible degree, but they're only working with two or three actors at most. Nothing to the scale of Bannerlord.
  7. Whatever makes you happy

Dev Blog 23/08/18

LeChat said:
    Something I like in Warband is the simplicity of the character sheet. The new one, with focus and perks will had complexity. But why not.
    Another thing I like is that the character sheet was the same for all (player, companions, Kings or peasants). I find it fair.
    So I was wondering : will all people in Bannerlord will have the same (more complex) character sheet as us ? Otherwise the Player would have an advantage over everyone else. And that's not fair (and not necessary).
    It's confirmed that companions have access to the same skills and perks as the player. No reason to believe AI lords or generic troops are different.
  8. Whatever makes you happy

Inventory UI

Not sure how necessary this feature would be. Especially with the aforementioned category sorting. I doubt you'll have enough of any one type of item to make typing a more viable option than scrolling.
  9. Whatever makes you happy

Character Backstories

Lord Engineer said:
    Starting with a family, maybe even just a sibling or something, would be a nice change of pace I reckon. In the character creation screen you could choose stuff about your family and their state or even something like "I never knew my parents/family" if you don't want to start with any connections.

Also nice to see I'm not the only one thinking about character backgrounds
    Lord Engineer said:
    I would like to ask if there has been any news on character creation? (and I'm not taking about selecting physical appearance), has there been any changes from the previous versions of the game? are mother's finally going to be a part of character creation (as both parents should matter in some way)? are going to be able to be a local instead of a foreigner? are we able to start as part of a clan?.

Edit: are we able to start with a family?.

Would you want complete control over this or would you prefer a degree of randomization?
  10. Whatever makes you happy

Horse Breeding

PoochieMoo said:
    wormydowg said:
    JuanNieve said:
    Whatever makes you happy said:
    wormydowg said:
    JuanNieve said:
    It would be great to be able to breed horses and sell them at high prices :grin:

The trade is based on supply and demand. So just breed them in Khuzait, and sell them to what ever faction has a high demand for horses.
    I would guess Sturgia for their low supply and reliance on boats, But just because an area has a low supply for horses doesn't mean it will have a high demand.
    Sturgia's low supply might meet their needs. So in theory, just wait for Vlandia to start a war with someone.
    High competition begets lower prices due to a saturated market. Khuzaits may not be the best option.
    My idea was to raise purebred horses with high stats and sell them at exorbitant prices like in warband, although this is more likely to happen this
    fed.jpg

weapon stats would be cool!!! If you defeat a noble in battle, your weapon should get a nice static price boost. How ever if you own a weapon with a blade, and you execute a lord, your weapon should get a Tag "Killed X" and get an even bigger price boost.

Idk hopefully someone else can refine this idea, but its certainly cool.

I personally wouldn't sell my unique weapons, it would be cool to store these weapons in your keep. But with the random gen with companions and vassals... there are plenty of people you could defeat in battle.
    And weapons youve taken from other lords should also have price boosts, And even bigger in enemy faction/own faction.

lol imagine selling a kings sword to a poor peasant town (at a lose obviously). What would have happened back in the old days?
    would the king give them money for it back? or take it from them?
    That would be so awesome! I hope that the weapons can evolve and upgrade along with the character. The persistent lord's weapons are something I really like about the game and would love to see developed further.
    This idea feeds into a thread I've been meaning to make about battles with historical significance. Weapons used in let's say "the great siege of Uxkhal" or "the Nemeja uprising" should be more valuable than normal weapons. The person wielding the weapon should also be a factor but that's a different can of worms.
  11. Whatever makes you happy

Character Backstories

I've been curious about this ever since families were confirmed. As you all know, in Warband you could weave together a backstory for your player which determined their starting stats. Assuming this is still a part of the game, I wonder if your origin story can determine the state of your...
  12. Whatever makes you happy

Do you fans feel the evolution to a new title?

Kentucky James said:
    masterhound3 said:
    why is it? how taxing can it be for the game to add a sharper sense of acceleration and ragdoll/bodies impact with the environment?

The collisions between soldiers in a game like Total War are different because those animations are paired, and the programmers dont have to worry about making the game playable on such a small scale. Two soldiers smashing into each other is relatively easy to depict in a game when you have total control over it as a developer, but when you're letting players influence what happens to the same degree as warband or bannerlord, it gets messy and you can no longer just rely on well made animations. It's why Chivalry, KC:grin:, For Honor and countless other similar games all look kind of stilted.
    Thanky you for comparing Bannerlord to games that try similar things. I wonder what most of these people with lofty expectations actually expect Mount and Blade to look like.
  13. Whatever makes you happy

Do you fans feel the evolution to a new title?

shadowtwinz said:
    Nah. At this stage 90% of the games what you show in beta/apha you get in final game, maybe just minor tweaks. So same thing was in kingdom come deliverance. BETA - Final - same game.

KCD changed so much it was ridiculous. Those demos from 2014 look almost nothing like the current game.
  14. Whatever makes you happy

Horse Breeding

wormydowg said:
    JuanNieve said:
    It would be great to be able to breed horses and sell them at high prices :grin:

The trade is based on supply and demand. So just breed them in Khuzait, and sell them to what ever faction has a high demand for horses.
    I would guess Sturgia for their low supply and reliance on boats, But just because an area has a low supply for horses doesn't mean it will have a high demand.
    Sturgia's low supply might meet their needs. So in theory, just wait for Vlandia to start a war with someone.
    High competition begets lower prices due to a saturated market. Khuzaits may not be the best option.
  15. Whatever makes you happy

Major Successes

I like that there are different sets of laws governing the different factions, each with their own sets of drawbacks and benefits.

Minor factions are a genuinely great idea and I can't wait to see how they work. Some of them remind me of the bandit uprisings that would occur in floris. Those were horrible, unrealistic and needlessly punishing. This seems to be handled a lot better.

Villages have militias now.

You can garrison your companions. (As shown in 2016)

You don't have to walk through town by yourself

The UI is massively improved though as minor criticism it doesn't seem to follow a coherent aesthetic theme.

Towns and villages are big and engaging

16. Whatever makes you happy

Dev Blog 23/08/18

PB-DK said:
    really love what has been done to the m&b so far except for the 0 focus means you never learn anything from that skill, that to me at least seem very weird and wrong, i would be fine with a minimal amount of xp gained for the skill, but not with no xp...
    Kind of agree honestly. I posted a comment a few days ago based on the misconception that this wasn't the case. (Skimmed through  the blog. Totally my fault) but I would honestly prefer it if we didn't have to unlock every skill with focus points. Maybe some of the less intuitive skills like surgeon or tracking it makes sense but for things your character does everyday, like riding a horse fighting or trading I think progression should be automatic  with focus points only serving to increase the speed at which you upgrade.
  17. Whatever makes you happy

Constructive Criticisms

1. Yeah this is a fear of mine to. I like the trial by combat and the caravan mission showed us some new features (villages having their own militia, different parties being assigned to your care) but I don'ymt think we got much else. I'm sure there's more than what was shown but repetitiveness in general is a concern.

2. I don't expect perfect AI from a game that puts this many bots on the screen at once. My only hope is that lords behave in unique and interesting ways and are better at keeping themselves alive  Having a rival Lord always be one of the first to fall in battles isn't fun. Taking them out should feel like an achievement

3.The excuse would be that she's low level with low level arrows but personally I think people took to long to die in general. Warband was more punishing to player and bot alike.

4. It's because they're looters. Looters always act inferior.

5. More violent time period I guess :lol:

Also stones make you bleed. Especially if you get hit in the face. Actually know this from experience believe it or not.

6- I hope we get more as well. Warband only had one per region so it's a genuine concern. Hideouts should be more varied. Hopefully they are.

Rainbow Dash said:
    I do not see an option to betray the village. I do not see the option to say to the quest giver's face that "The accused is guilty and you are an idiot" and lose relationship in exchange for favors from the opposing party.

These are my complaints so far, hope Taleworlds considers our complaints.
    This one's actually there. You can speak to the accuser who offers you money to relinquish your pledge.
  18. Whatever makes you happy

Dev Blog 23/08/18

canonprince said:
    I have read every blog, you are doing very well! ! ! Just hope that you can tell everyone that Mount & Blade II is generally released (not too specific) such as: within 3 years, within 5 years or within 8 years. After all, the time the players are waiting is really too long... I will continue to support you, I hope you are getting better and better!
    Ran it through google :lol:
  19. Whatever makes you happy

Dev Blog 23/08/18

Kentucky James said:
    If you decide to replay as a charmer, you should level up naturally over time rather than having to put points into it (an immersion-breaking mechanic all on its own).
    I don't think points are necessarily immersion breaking. Taleworld's system actually seems somewhat realistic in regards to how focus points are used. Natural learning is learning through doing. You get better at the skill even if you never intended to.

For instance: Cashiers become faster and more efficient naturally over time even if they don't take their job seriously enough to dedicate any time to practice.

Focused learning is dedication to the mastery of a particular skill. A basketball player, analyzing and adjusting the mechanics of his shot coupled with repeated drills and shooting sessions. In this case it isn't simply mindless repetition, but research and adjustments helping to increase the rate of improvement.

20. Whatever makes you happy

?Gamescom 2018 (Streams, Map, Factions, Perks, Skills, Troop Trees, Concepts)

aekilju said:
    Novgorod said:
    Greetings

So far I was really hyped by the stuff I have seen so far (well except the Sturgia troop tree) but now I have seen in a Stream that we are getting stand alone castles? So TW dropped the idea to upgrade your village with a locale fort/garrison/castle? When it is true and we will get the same boring stuff we had for years.

In the stream the player could choose between the exact same possibilites like in Warband: Take a walk, Go to the lords hall, wait here, exit..... :sad:

There's no reason standalone castles can't coexist with player built/upgraded castles. The player was also neutral to every faction in all the gameplay we've see so I assume if you own a fief you will get different options.
    One thing I have yet to see anyone call attention to is the player character's inability to assess the size of a garrison. I wonder if that ability is attached to a skill.
Back
Top Bottom