Search results for query: *

1. MedievalMayonnaise

Bannerlord whether the full version will give the characters dialogue dubbing

It really doesn't make any sense for Mountain Blade to be voiced. Actually think about the conversations you have in Warband, and how unscripted they are.
  2. MedievalMayonnaise

Dev Blog 24/10/19

Wow, just this week I made a post about how good the music sounded in that blog from way back. Glad to see you guys kept the band, Bannermusic seems like it will be a major pro for the game.
  3. MedievalMayonnaise

SP - General [Poll] Different Vassal Titles in Relation to Power

I'd prefer it stayed like it is in Warband, meaning we get to change our name (and title) on the fly.

What I would indeed like, that was suggested on this thread, would be lords being vassals of other lords, just like it was in feudal Europe. Imagine a ASOIAF-like situation, where you have main, powerful lords of old families who defend a certain area of the kingdom, with the smaller lords and families on that area swearing fealty to them.

This would deepen political tactics. For instance, one could sway one of those powerful vassals in a enemy faction to his side, effectively taking the entire area of influence with them, or influence a family that is rival to one of the main vassals, to the same effect. Really, ASOIAF has a lot of nicely summarized potential inspiration for political strife, and I hope someone in the team is doing that.

I also suppose this could be implemented as an optional policy rather than a fixed mechanic. If I remember correctly the kingdom policy "great council" (or something like that) fits into this.
  4. MedievalMayonnaise

Appreciation for the sountrack

I just wanna say that based on this blog https://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/11 we have a lot to look forward to in terms of OST for Bonerlord. I love that they went the extra mile to record different instruments and I hope those excerpts make it into the final product.
  5. MedievalMayonnaise

New Blog Schedule

HawkyX said:
    I imagine there's also tension from the sudden w.a.r.

Well, yeah, but Taleworlds is on the invading side
  6. MedievalMayonnaise

This week's blog

Terco_Viejo said:
    MedievalMayonnaise said:
    No problem man, being a fan of Mount & Blade, Elder Scrolls, Tool and ASOIAF I've grown rather used to waiting. It's not like those blogs are magazine-long anyways

You can already strike Tool from your list; they came back almost a month ago with the new album...  :iamamoron:
    Yes, after 13 years. Point stands: I'm a patient man. I like artists to take their time if that enhances their craft, and this includes Taleworlds.
  7. MedievalMayonnaise

This week's blog

No problem man, being a fan of Mount & Blade, Elder Scrolls, Tool and ASOIAF I've grown rather used to waiting. It's not like those blogs are magazine-long anyways
  8. MedievalMayonnaise

Dev Blog 12/09/19

The way lancers hold their spears on horseback is a disgraceful nitpick. The pressing matter here is giving infantry more utility against cavalry.
  9. MedievalMayonnaise

Dev Blog 12/09/19

I'm kinda worried about siege difficulty. In Warband a siege felt like a very daunting enterprise (probably because our army is stupid, but still), here it seems much easier. I do feel like a lot of weight and brutality overall, so to speak, has been removed since Warband. Hopefully this is something mods can fix
  10. MedievalMayonnaise

Dev Blog 29/11/18

I think it would be nice to have seasons spanning a few years, instead of months in a year. We've already established time will pass faster in Bonerlord, so in order to fully feel the (mainly economic) effects of season-changing, there should be longer seasons.
  11. MedievalMayonnaise

How will Bannerlord compare to Kingdom Come?

Swargy said:
    Well, without naming either, one looks like just another overambitious kickstarter POS that will never live up to it's hype (or budget)

And the other is a fresh entry in an already successful series of games that looks like it will improve and build upon everything that made it's predecessors good while also adding new features.
    This. I don't really understand what all the fuss is about this game. Combat? Mordhau will do it better, not to mention War of the Roses and even our M&B tried this attack direction thing before. Odds are it won't really be realistic and more importantly not fun, from what I've seen in the trailers. The story? Generic Eric.

The only thing that gets me going from this game is the supposed historical accuracy, devs say the places and people in the game exist; and they've even made the UI to be really medieval-inspired, including maps. This, like everything else, isn't really original but it's rare to go through this length in pursuit of accuracy, so yeah, it's interesting for that. But I can't say I understand the hype. RPGs get away with so much overused **** nowadays.
  12. MedievalMayonnaise

Dev Blog 11/01/18

The Easy nine said:
    Ah but you see, moving on to the next blog is impossible because it's not out yet... and also there would be no point it it was since the topic of curved swords won't be relevant there.
    Well, it's not relevant here either. It's not a historical game. Get over it.
  13. MedievalMayonnaise

MnB lore - all of it!

An important aspect of M&B is that it's essentially a sandbox, in every sense of the word. All we have on the lore of the existing factions, world, and notable people come mostly (or even exclusively) from companions' remarks while they're telling you their backstory. For example, we know about Grunwalder leading the resistance against Swadia because Bunduk talks about it if he's in your party when you pass by Grunwalder Castle.

Other than that, there's not much lore out there, and I think that's great. This should give you a decent amount of freedom when developing mods that take place in other periods of Calradia's history, so it should work the same for fan-fiction.

About the Harlaus thing, it's because of his tendency to call feasts during wartime, which became a meme in the player base. I don't think it's a trait exclusive to Harlaus, but because most players swear to Swadia, it got noticed more. The butter meme is because of a bug in the Floris mod that made swadian villages' loot be entirely comprised of butter.
  14. MedievalMayonnaise

AI vs AI Map Battles (Autocalc)

I don't remember if it was regular old Diplomacy or its perfect son Dickplomacy or both who did it, but they also expanded on autocalc battles by adding terrain variables, so it's possible and shouldn't be too hard, which makes me assume it's very safe to assume Bonerlord devs are already gonna do it. But then I don't remember much, so be sure to look into it before taking my word as proof.
  15. MedievalMayonnaise

Optimism for 2018

I've already expressed my views on why such delay isn't really a bad thing, but we have to approach this as we do dating an ex: no expectations.
  16. MedievalMayonnaise

Stealth in Bannerlord?

While it would indeed be a nice addition and one of the requirements to be the ultimate game, this most likely diverges too much from the game's premise, and as others have said would demand major changes to the AI, which is currently built for battles.

Hopefully modders will pick up on this.
  17. MedievalMayonnaise

Voice acting in Bannerlord?

Voice acting should remain as it is, with the bandit taunts and whatnot (because those are extremely iconic), and the addition of battle grunts. Dialogue should stay text-based, imo, at least for the vast majority of NPCs. They say there will be some sort of campaign now, so maybe voice acting can roll with that.
  18. MedievalMayonnaise

Dev Blog 23/11/17

What Yaga is suggesting is very important and not graphic-related at all, people are missing the point. Rockstar's game worlds excel at what they do because they're very much alive, they're different in different locations, stuff feels alive. You can probably name a bunch of sandbox titles which didn't awe you at all with their game worlds, so why go down this path with Bannerlord, which devs want to be the ultimate game? Do it right, dudes, stop complaining about the time they're taking, see the potential this game has.
  19. MedievalMayonnaise

Dev Blog 23/11/17

supersayen121 said:
    Third.

Also is it just me or does anybody else dislike the way the names are over the villages and towns now?  :neutral:
    Yeah, me too, overall I prefer the simplistic UI of Warband, I think they're overdoing the modernish stuff but that's easily solvable by mods.
  20. MedievalMayonnaise

[Poll] - What do players think about Bannerlord's lack of a release date

Airbar said:
    Call me a cynic but videogames, much like books, music and art, are a product in the end. And TW's PR hasn't been great in these past few years.
    Sure they are a product, everything is, including people. They're not our property, though; that's where whining snowflake "fans" get wrong. People think they're entitled to a product.
Back
Top Bottom