Search results for query: *

1. Perisno Mod Bug Reports

hey, this is a great mod. Playing a really long campaign now and finally I managed to defeat the dreaded one and his minions in their shrine but I seem stucked in it. Cannot leave the place, I tab out and it only says cannot leave now. What gives?
  2. Perisno Q&A + FAQ

hhhm... maybe it's the latter, cause after a couple of failed attempts, I recruited some of my companions and prolly some non-noble ones... well, I am on my third take at the game, still a loyal vassal of the Elintoran with only a castle, so I'll try this time to grow a bit, and get a couple of lords before recruiting commoner companions
  3. Perisno Q&A + FAQ

This mod is really great, the 0.8 installment has renewed my interest in M&B and I am playing it for the last weeks.

But I am having a problem. I two playthroughs, I hever managed to attract one (1) single lord to my faction! Despite having great relations with a host of lords (even 80+ in many cases) despite those lords belonging to a faction that's nearly beaten (a single town or a a town and a castle) despite my having 40+ RtR, 4000+ renown and 200+ honor.  No matter what I do, say, or offer NOBODY wants to join.

Is there a way to actually recruit lords? I have kept only a couple of my companions and turned the rest into lords, in order to have some lords at least, but they are kind lame, even though I tried to pump up some of their stats (leadership, pathfinding etc.) to make them decent.

Help, please!
  4. [DOWNLOAD] Prophesy of Pendor [v3.9.5 IS NOW OUT!!!]

Wont work for me cause I have 3.42...
  5. [DOWNLOAD] Prophesy of Pendor [v3.9.5 IS NOW OUT!!!]

I have excactly the same problem. I've tried to dl 3.51 from the nexus, but it stopped. Half a dozen times already. Once it was almost there 720 gb and... puf, stopped. Dl managers not working with the nexus, so... we have  a problem. I really wanna play 3.51, could you please give us an alternative dl location?
  6. Crashes with PoP 3.01

Humbug_Total said:
    Yeah, but normally I play with unlimited ragdolls and corpses, so I lowered the number to 40 first and then to 20 (?). This doesn´t really help, it only makes the game crash not as fast as before, still it crashes. Playing with no ragdolls and corpses is not acceptable atm for me  :lol: . Still it wonders me, why the game is crashing much faster than the last version (afaik it needed a siege with 500+ guys to crash with unlimited corpses and ragdolls, with 40 max of both it worked fine).
    For the stability patch: It stands there, that it´s only for 64bit users, but my system is 32bit. Still I can´t find any downloadlink for it  :oops:

with THAT 'puter you played with 500+ and unlimited ragdolls to crash???????????? I got a better CPU, the same graphic card and twice your RAM, yet it crashes in everything above 400 with very fow ragdolls and corpses
  7. New Tactics for a New Age **WARNING POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

Achilla... urm... you are really involved in this, aren't you?  :mrgreen:
  8. New Tactics for a New Age **WARNING POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

The good old get your cavalry to the flank, charge, mop up the enemies, is no longer an optimal tactic. In 2.5 with an all-cavalry army, all you had to do was to wheel them to one flank of the gathered enemy force, then F3 and unleash hell. Nothing could stand such a charge. Now... things are a tad different. It's still viable, but you'll suffer losses and sometimes rather huge ones. A combined attack of heavy inf and heavy cav seems much, much, MUCH more effective - best tactic seems to wait for the enemy, having parked your infantry, while you F2 the cavalry with you, to get to the flank and then F3 ALL to get a simultaneus (more or less) charget - if executed correctly, it devastates the enemy and minimizes your losses.
  9. Now you have played a bit...

arghy said:
    I also noticed sieges with large amounts of defenders gets absurdly bloody compared to 2.5. When i fought off a 900 man siege by king ulric with around 100 legionnaires and 60 armored bowmen the single ladder was murder as in over 10 deaths a second at its peak. I think its the rebalanced weapons and armor making units more equal when it comes to receiving damage.

upped lethality of nearly everything, while defence remained untached = extremely bloody battles and very high chances of the player getting whacked no matter if he is clad in the best armour the game has.

At the beginning it felt it a bit annoying, but it grew over me. The new lethality, means that there is no (like it was in 2.5) chance in hell to go through large battles with your precious top-tier army unscathed. In 2.5 with an all-top tier-cavalry army of 100 I could take on 300, 400, 500, 600 strong armies and win with minimal casualties. I rarely had a single casualty (dead) in skirmishes against similar or slightly larger armies.
    In 3.0... it's a bloodfest. You'll get casualties, no matter what (I play with normal/normal damage, always). Sometimes HUGE casualties - I have regularely my companions to complain about bloodbaths and such...
  10. Now you have played a bit...

Damn, game progresses slowly, I don't have much time to play. I am just in day 80, I ain't got a single castle (took 4, actually I took two castles twice each, and with minimal garissons as they were castles the enemies - Sarleon and the Green Plague, I have joined D'Shar - have taken, but bloody Idiot-sitting in his bloody city  all the time-Khan ain't giving me didly) am up to 140 men and I have fought some frigging EPIC battles with Sarleon and Fierdsvain lords with huge armies and lots of nasty honor troops and allies. With smart planning and picking I have avoided any serious rape case, but I regularly fall and sometimes I have to replenish huge losses (up to 35 dead in a single 1 on 1  battle - never seen that in 2.5, have to say).

All in all this is HUGE fun!
  11. PoP3 Money shortage issue

Actually, I find it rather refreshing that by mid game you dont actually swim in cash, like the case was in 2.5 and previous. I got a not-quite-super party of 120 now (day 60 or so) and they cost me 9K a week, and cash isn't as easy as in previous versions. There is the caravan exploit, if you run around extorting money from caravans, you are ok I guess. But I don't like fish in my games, I tend to my usual businesses and when a caravan comes around begging for it, I'll make them pay the fee - but I won't be running around looking for caravans, that would be cheap. So, I guess, you should think of lowering that particular income source, more than just a tad. For balance sake.
  12. Now you have played a bit...

Ok, ok, I have an announcement to make. I've found a serious bug. THE bug. THE gamebreaker! Yay! I shall baptize this bugger and call it...

...The DiesALOT Bug  :mrgreen:

In previous installations of PoP I'd die about 20% of the field battles (mind you, I play rather recklessly) and 70% of the sieges. In 3.0 I fall  around 60% of the battles and 100% of the sieges. This is a serious bug, lads, you can't just kill ME everyfriggin time  :razz: :razz: :razz:

On a (slightly) more serious note, I think I am gonna write something after I finish my first campaign. I am looking for an appropriate title. Please, help me out here, which one to choose:

- The adventures of Sir Wankalot and his Merry Wankers in the Land of Vazeline

- Sir Wankalot: the view from the ground

- He who Falls A LOT
  13. Companions

Ah, Siggy could recite the infamous statement

"we are here to bring you freedom and democracy... now bend over to receive it"  :mrgreen:
  14. Special Thanks

I suggest you lads gather up, come over to sunny Greece and I'll buy you all three rounds of raki in the best joint of Mykonos. And if you don't like raki, I'll buy you pints and pints of beer. Great job, really.
  15. Companions

After 45 days of gameplay, I still haven't found Boadicea... but Alyssa is such a sweet biatch  :mrgreen:
  16. Now you have played a bit...

noosers said:
    @Alkiviades:
    So, you watched the Empire lose battles against no less than 3 factions simultaneous and decide from that observation that they suck? Any faction warring three others is bound to lose their whole territory faster than you can say p00t, even the green horde is decimated to dust if they war that many factions because as you said: the campaign is much more dynamic.

Got a point there laddy and it would be a rather strong one, if this campaign wasn't as chaotic as it is. Apparently, everybody is in war with everyfriggingbody there. Ravenstern also has three adversaries, while the rest of the factions have two (empire, three as I said).

Don't get me wrong - I love it. For one, I see castles changing hands rapidly (Ravenstern lost two castles, recaptured the one, lost it again, recaptured the second, I recaptured one of the - now three - lost imperial castles and in a jiffy the Green Horde took it), huge battles everywhere, all factions campaigning... save (yeah...) the Empire - with that chicken****e of an emperor staying happily at Janus all the time (he hadn't left the bloody city since game start!!!!!).
    The PoP 3 campaign? I am loving it, it's exquisitely entertaining. And challenging too, if you choose to back the Empire (yes, they do still suck  :razz: ).
  17. Now you have played a bit...

Dunno, I just report what I see. There was this multi-lord battle, three D'Shar (about 400 troops) and 4 imperial (about 450 troops) and the D' Shar annihilated the Empire loosing only like 80 guys... Soonish the D'Shar will get their third imperial castle (a war party of about 500 sieges a castle with 140 garisson, they already chased away the imperial lords who came to aid)
  18. Now you have played a bit...

got up early today so managed to play another couple of hours before going to work... some observations:

- the D'Shar pwn imperial arse. Badly. This is 30 days in game time and they already got two imperial castles and siege another one.

- Well, empire suckz once more. Despite the knights'n stuff, they still get pwnd byt everybody and anybody.  I've watched them loose battles to Sarleon, D'Shar and Fierdsvain lords. I've aided (with my mediocre 60men strong army) one of them against a D'Sahr lord and although we outnumbered them (like 160 against 110) we lost in a rather impressive manner. I say, Empire suckz  :mrgreen:

- The campain is very 'alive'. Everybody fights everybody, already 5 castles have changed owner, one of them has changed thrice (recaptured and rerecaptured) there's a lot of fighting everywhere... grrrrreat!!!!!

- Fantastic work with the new items. Some of them, especially weapons, are sweeeeeeeeet!

- Alyssa is a cute little *****  :mrgreen:

- The new companion relations are a mess  :razz: (in a ...constructive way)

- I've yet to see a Jatu  :?:  I made a sweeping move through their lands (they are still their lands, no? the same like 2.5) but didn't see a single party.

- did I mention PoP 3 is like the holy grail of M&B mods?  :lol:
  19. [DOWNLOAD] Prophesy of Pendor [v3.9.5 IS NOW OUT!!!]

What? no fantasy bikini-armors? Oh, the dissapointment  :sad: :sad: :sad:

Don't tell me v. 3.0 hasn't got naked Valkyrie Bersekers in???? Abyss PROMISED those would be in at the least!  :evil:
  20. [DOWNLOAD] Prophesy of Pendor [v3.9.5 IS NOW OUT!!!]

I sure hope they don't put anyone called Alessandro into PoP as a cover girl  :shock:

Abyss, for a fee I can lend you my new gf. She looks just like Scarlet Johansson - minus the hot lips - but is 15 cm taller  :mrgreen:
Back
Top Bottom