Search results for query: *

1. Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Code:
          (try_begin),
            (eq, "$sneaked_into_town", 1),
            (mission_tpl_entry_set_override_flags, ":mission_template_no", 0, af_override_all),                

(mission_tpl_entry_clear_override_items, ":mission_template_no", 0),
            (mission_tpl_entry_add_override_item, ":mission_template_no", 0, "itm_pilgrim_hood"),
            (mission_tpl_entry_add_override_item, ":mission_template_no", 0, "itm_pilgrim_disguise"),
            (mission_tpl_entry_add_override_item, ":mission_template_no", 0, "itm_sword_medieval_b_small"),
            (mission_tpl_entry_add_override_item, ":mission_template_no", 0, "itm_wooden_shield"),
    	(mission_tpl_entry_add_override_item, ":mission_template_no", 0, "itm_two_handed_battle_axe_2"),
          (try_end), 

I changed this part of a "sneak into town/castle" script to give the player new items (short sword, wooden shield, two handed war axe). The staff and throwing daggers are pretty much garbage for most players and makes this extremely infuriating when you take into consideration that enemies will spawn so close to you that you'll have only a second to react before they reach you most of the time.

The problem is that this had no effect on the game. I complied the source code, replaced the old text files with new ones, started a new game and I still got a staff and throwing daggers when I tried to sneak into a town or a castle.

Anyone knows why?
  2. M&B, Warband: Viking Conquest mod?

During the Ulf quest on the farmland Reginhard will object to the food your party is being offered by Ulf. He'll say "I will not drink their piss and and eat their sh*t".

When I read it I nearly died. The shock from seeing a curse word paralyzed me. I couldn't swing my axe to slaughter innocents anymore. I couldn't enslave people and rape women anymore. All because of this terrifying curse word!!!

3. Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Anyone knows what makes Looters spawn in bandit lairs? I looked at party templates and they're not present in any of them but they still spawn during an attack on a bandit lair. Looters have worthless loot so when they start spawning instead of actual bandits I can't help but feel cheated by the game.
  4. [TWEAKS] VC Tweaks Tool: +80 tweaks the easy way! (released/1.2)

kalarhan said:
    A change like that would mean adding a extra option (a new tweak)

But it's not a new tweak lol, just 3 extra lines in the block of code you posted

(try_begin),
            (eq, TWEAK_HIRE_EXTRA_BANDIT_TYPES, 0),
            (this_or_next|eq,reg(7),"pt_steppe_bandits"),
            (this_or_next|eq,reg(7),"pt_taiga_bandits"),
            (eq,reg(7),"pt_sea_raiders2"),
            (assign, reg1, 1),
          (else_try),
            (this_or_next|eq,reg(7),"pt_steppe_bandits"),
            (this_or_next|eq,reg(7),"pt_taiga_bandits"),
        (this_or_next|eq,reg(7),"pt_fianna"),
        (this_or_next|eq,reg(7),"pt_frank_looters_1"),
            (this_or_next|eq,reg(7),"pt_frank_looters_2"),

(this_or_next|eq,reg(7),"pt_sea_raiders2"),
            (this_or_next|eq,reg(7),"pt_sea_raiders_ships2"),
            (this_or_next|eq,reg(7),"pt_sea_raiders_ships3"),
            (this_or_next|eq,reg(7),"pt_sea_raiders_ships4"),
            (eq,reg(7),"pt_sea_raiders_ships5"),
            (assign, reg1, 1),
          (try_end),

You know what, I'm not letting you make any excuses. :fruity: https://files.fm/u/qtppffxx
    You can download my module_dialogs.py where the only change is those 3 lines. Everything else is the same as before.
  5. [TWEAKS] VC Tweaks Tool: +80 tweaks the easy way! (released/1.2)

Adding those parties to that code worked. :grin: https://i.imgur.com/ALG3Gqz.jpg

Now I know how to do it in case I run into any more bandit parties that don't give me the option to hire them, tho I think all of them are included now.

You might want to fix that for your tool. It only took me a minute and that's because I failed the first time by not adding , after the lines.

6. [TWEAKS] VC Tweaks Tool: +80 tweaks the easy way! (released/1.2)

I'm glad you posted that code because after inspecting the party templates I noticed that the bandits I mentioned were not present in that list. These are the bandits I was talking about:

pt_fianna (Ireland)
    pt_frank_looters_1 (Friese)
    pt_frank_looters_2 (Denmark)
  7. Quick Questions - Quick Answers Thread

kalarhan said:
    there is also a bunch of options before that point, so you would need to check which one you are being affected by (again, a screenshot or quote from the dialog chain). There are about 30 dialogs in all  :twisted:

Who would have thought that a bunch of serfs would require this much work to get? It's insane when you compare it to towns and forts that will give you tier 2 units and you only need to fulfill two minor requirements. I think the developers actually got it backwards when they made this. Surely the serfs should be easier to get compared to freeholders and trained infantry/spearmen? I guess I'll give the old geezer some coins and pretend like it was a donation to the village or something.
  8. Quick Questions - Quick Answers Thread

https://i.imgur.com/IU92PKB.jpg

Here's the elders response and a few other things that might be relevant. I know that I could just give the elder those miserable 300 coins but it bugs me so much since I should be able to get his permission automatically by now. After all, I did a lot of work for his village and the town it belongs to. I'm also a vassal for the kingdom that village belongs to. I know could just raise the relation with the lord of this village but he's a sadist and only gives me quests to provoke other kingdoms which I definitely don't want to do that because it doesn't fit my character's nature.

I want to point out that the things written in the "spoiler" section of your comment seem to be responses that lords give to the player, not the village elder. I never had any issues with the lords since their only requirement seems to be 150 renown and 5 relation points.
  9. Quick Questions - Quick Answers Thread

I need a conclusive answer for this question: What the hell do I need to get recognized by the village elder as a "worthy leader"? Every time I try to get permission to recruit they always tell me the same sh*t over and over again "You don't look like much of a leader to me." Motherf*cker, I have over 300 renown, 10 leadership and kind reputation - what more do I need?!

Seriously, what do you need to get permission to recruit without bribing him with 300/500 peningas. I want the exact values of skills and stats that are required. I think, I THINK I managed to convince one or two elders some time ago to let me recruit without bribing them but I don't know how I did it.

Also, I have 45 relation points with a village and the elder still doesn't let me recruit unless I bribe him. WHY?! Apparently, saving the village from bandits twice, bringing them a herd of cattle and spending several days training peasants is not enough to prove you're a trustworthy person.
  10. [TWEAKS] VC Tweaks Tool: +80 tweaks the easy way! (released/1.2)

# TWEAK 5: VIKING BANDITS CAN BE HIRED
    TWEAK_HIRE_EXTRA_BANDIT_TYPES = 1          # 0: normal game, 1: Can hire more bandits types. Default: 0

Does this tweak work at all? Every other thing I changed worked as expected but this one seems to be useless. I can't hire any of the bandits I wasn't able to hire before. The bandits in Denmark, Friese and Ireland all act like Sea Raiders from Native - they don't even let me pay them off to go away. I was looking forward to conquering the North with an army of bandits but that won't be happen unless I can get the bandits to join me.

I have over 200 renown and -100 reputation (Ruthless) right now.

Also, does the relation with bandits affect the chance to recruit them? I have been very careful not to do anything that would reduce my relation with them since common sense leads me to believe that it does have some kind of an effect - otherwise it wouldn't be there in the first place, right?
  11. Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Somebody said:
    The model can't change on swap without WSE (thrown weapons have a different animation) so you'll need to call a trigger to actually toggle it with agent_equip_item.

Well I certainly don't know how to do that. Could you provide the code and where it needs to go if it's not too difficult? I'd like to have a few these silly items in my game but I can live without them if it requires too much effort to get them.
  12. Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

I wanted to make a fun double headed staff with an axe and mace head and so I did. https://i.imgur.com/hxKxeoO.jpg
    But now I have a problem. The second model I use for the alternative weapon mode doesn't actually show up in game. The icon in the lower
    right corner changes but the model my character holds stays the same. Anyone knows why that is and how/if can it be fixed? I don't have any in-game items to use as a reference to figure it out on my own. :sad:
  13. Paying for troops' upgrade

If you're looking for an immediate change you can do this - In the scripts.txt file search for this: game_get_upgrade_cost -1 That will bring you to the block of code where you'll change a few numbers.

game_get_upgrade_cost -1
    24 21 1 1224979098644774912 2171 2 1224979098644774913 1224979098644774912 4 0 33 3 1224979098644774913 0 6 2133 2 72057594037927936 10 5 0 33 3 1224979098644774913 6 11 2133 2 72057594037927936 20 5 0 33 3 1224979098644774913 11 16 2133 2 72057594037927936 40 5 0 33 3 1224979098644774913 16 21 2133 2 72057594037927936 80 5 0 33 3 1224979098644774913 21 26 2133 2 72057594037927936 120 5 0 33 3 1224979098644774913 26 31 2133 2 72057594037927936 160 5 0 2133 2 72057594037927936 200 3 0 2075 1 72057594037927936

Change all of the highlighted red numbers to 0 and all of your troops will be free to upgrade from now on. It's save game compatible too!

14. Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Thanks for clarifying that for me.
  15. Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

I'd like to know what "bonus against shields" actually does. Does it add a flat damage bonus to attacks against shields, does it multiply the weapons damage when striking a shield, does it negate shield's body armor? I've been searching for an answer everywhere and it I can't seem to find a satisfying answer. I need this information so I can edit shields better.
  16. Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

kalarhan said:
    A common mistake is the wrong order on your module.ini entry. You need to add the assets in the order: texture -> material -> mesh.

What would I ever do without you, Saint? I was ready to jump ship and forget about making any new textures ever again and then you saved it with a spot-on answer. It turns out that I didn't have a .brf file for textures (since I didn't even know I needed one) and I didn't have it in my module.ini file. Now it works as it should. :grin: https://i.imgur.com/SSSb13p.jpg

P.S. With the new-found confidence I decided to do another re-texture and it worked immediately without any issues.  :party: https://i.imgur.com/12wNnwY.jpg

17. How to set Tournament Reward? (Not Bets!)(The set prize money even with no bets)

If you're looking for an immediate tweak to tournament rewards you can change the highlighted number in menus.txt file:
    72057594037927945 200 ----- gold

You can also change the experience and renown rewards:
    250 360287970189639680 ----- experience

360287970189639680 20 1 3 ----- renown
  18. Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

For the first time ever I dared to edit a texture because I don't want my Vaegirs to look like they just walked out of a tundra bandit camp. I have next to no proficiency with image editing programs but I gave it a try anyway. Half a day later, I managed to make something. After I made sure that everything has been converted to .dds format and put where it should be, I added the new texture to a selected armor in OpenBRF and...it worked.

Yes, it worked. Quite well, I might add. Here, look at it! https://i.imgur.com/QnV8Sc1.jpg IT. WORKS.

But here's the problem. When I went into the game I got this result. https://i.imgur.com/n64oxm5.jpg

WHY? It works just fine in OpenBRF so why doesn't it work in-game? I'm so frustrated...
  19. Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

Thanks, Saint.

I have no idea how to change it BUT the important part is that I know what to look for in case I do learn how to code properly.  :grin:
  20. Modding Q&A [For Quick Questions and Answers]

I need a solution for this: What can I change in either .txt files or .py files to always have control over ally lord's troops in battle? I am sick of seeing them charge recklessly into the enemy only to get destroyed within seconds. I *NEED* to fix this. It has been bugging me for years and every time I tried to search for an answer I found nothing. I think that it can be done since I seem to gain control over their troops sometimes but that might as well be a bug. I don't **** know.
Back
Top Bottom