Search results for query: *

• Users: Desuo
  • Order by date
  1. Desuo

Helmet floating in front of body

So I've been trying to move over some armor sets from one mod to another (for personal use of course), and the way I do it is to just replace some armor sets in openBRF with the armor from another and renaming it to the same name so it registers. I normally don't have issues with this, but this...
  2. Desuo

Dev Blog 15/02/18

It'll be interesting to see how the Imperial factions, both minor and major, react to one another in terms of combat and tactics. I feel as if the Western Empire, led by Garios, will have the most established military. I can't wait to get into the game and talk with these Emperors to see what they're all about :razz:

On that note, I'm very intrigued by the pursuit of an Emperor by Arenicos' standards. I wonder if Garios would have been the man he was looking for, or someone else. I'm not very susceptible to this idea though, as I'm sure Arenicos has visited Garios in his time. I am very curious to know if there is a claimant out there who may fit Arenicos' description, or if, as cliche and real as this may be, we're meant to be Arenicos' chosen.
  3. Desuo

Current state - Realism

Cale said:
    An example:

We are fighting, I have an axe and you are wearing full mail hauberk and gambeson. You miss a block and I slam your chest with a full strength blow from my weapon. The mail prevents the blade from cutting and the gambeson helps take some of the impact, however there is still a lot of force behind the blow and pain radiates from your chest as it feels like a rib may have cracked.

You are not out of the fight immediately but two or three blows like that and you will be down for the count, unable to keep fighting and this is KO or Death in warband.

So, when talking realism and trying to translate that into game terms the armour reduction of lost HP is about as good as you're gonna get in a game and does still represent an actual concept of Early Medieval combat.

I think this is the best representation of an answer to realism in games as can be expected. Hitpoints are a solid foundation for realism in terms of medieval combat in gaming. Gear affecting those stats for or against certain aspects is a great idea. And with a combat system like Warbands, you can even make it so that archery damage can be less effective against heavier armor. Its not a combat system that focuses on the nit picking, but the overall aspects of realism that are implemented.
  4. Desuo

Dev Blog 08/02/18

Honestly, the Empire is going to be my most anticipated faction. No doubt my first save will be Imperial focused, exploring Calradia with an Imperialistic idea. I've no doubt would want to follow the dream of Arenicos. I do wonder, if claimants are still a thing, if the claimant for any of the Imperial factions will be the man/woman Arenicos wanted for the throne. Perhaps Garios is that man. Perhaps we need to become that man. I also wonder how the questline will progress around the Empire, and what impacts it will have. One of my biggest dreams has always been to see a great, heavily armored competent shield wall of Greco-Roman design in an M&B installment. It seems I'll be able to have just that.

Of course we all know the Empire fails lorewise, but it'd still be great to play a 'what-if' scenario. :p Great blog! I'm always interested in the lore and history of Calradia.
Back
Top Bottom