Search results for query: *

1. AmateurHetman

Bannerlord was a grift

Yeah, because we who PAID FOR SOMETHING in EARLY ACCESS while they gave a long list of "we will do this" and never delivered, are not allowed to criticize them for failure to uphold their end of the business arrangement. You must really love signing contracts and never getting paid for what you do because hey, you are not allowed to complain when someone does not uphold their word nor contract. Which is what EA is: a contract based around the promise to provide something in exchange for early investments.

That is what we are: investors. Said investors want our freaking moneys worth because they made promises then never delivered. What they provided was a husk, and a moldy husk at that.

As Roy said: your argument in utter nonsense and I will add more: you are a troll. As a fun final note: modders have been fixing the game for quite a long time and been doing a better job than those being paid to do so. Funny that.
    Not really.
    Early access is you paying to be able to play the game earlier in its current state. There is no contract that you signed...
  2. AmateurHetman

Beta Patch Notes e1.5.10

I find it funny how after a year of geniune negligence to the important features and fixes this game requires all Taleworlds does is throw us a cool animation and all of you fall for it lmao, this game is doomed
    Please elaborate for I have not played the game yet.
  3. AmateurHetman

B Musket Era The Deluge: With Fire & Sword

Excellent. Just the mod I’ve been waiting for.
    Best of luck.. I hope all goes well.
  4. AmateurHetman

I heard battle size of Bannerlord is capped at 2048, but why?

I have posted a thread about battle size, and people told me that Bannerlord will crash when battle size reaches 2048, but I don't understand the reason behind that. Is this a pre-defined limit set manually by developers or is this a limit induced by the structure of program/computer? If it was the first case, I don't understand their intention for doing that. If it was the second case, well the number 2048 makes this case looks possible, but I still can't understand why this happened refer to what I have learnt.

Edited: Surely I understand increase battle size will increase computation complexity and therefore reduce performance. But I cant see the reason why developers want to manually set a limit for that(I mean in background code, not the slider within in-game setting panel.) That's why I doubt if this restriction is resulted from structure of program/computer or not, but I cant understand why if this is the case.

Edited: Oh just forget I'm supposed to ask why this is the case only after I know this is truly the case. So can anyone clarify the statement"battle size of Bannerlord is capped at 2048"?
    Because 2048 is the year Mount & Blade III is coming out.
  5. AmateurHetman

Lets not sit around and act like the game hasnt improved from balance changes.

the fix to cav is and always will be lowering their speed across the board. The cav are way to fast and it needs to change.
    Agreed, I’ve seen videos of horses galloping like lightning.
  6. AmateurHetman

Curious, what's the current state of the game?

Nothing has really changed. All of the things we have complained about from the get go are still the norm.

Boring gameplay
    Boring compared to Warband? Genuine question.
  7. AmateurHetman

Do you lose your workshop in an enemy town?

Nope even if war with a faction and your shop is in one of their cities u still have it fully working. Dunno for 1.5.7 but 1.5.6 was. But I'm for future realistic changes that you should not operate workshop if there is a war.
    Really? That seems strange.
    In warband your enterprises would be sequestered.
  8. AmateurHetman

SP - Player, NPCs & Troops The Grand Name Generating Thread

I recommend 'Lucifer's Onomastikon' which is a big dictionary of names broken down by continent and era. For example, one can browse names common in eastern europe during the medieval period for Sturgian names.
  9. AmateurHetman

corona? :(

Salbutamol for emergencies, which is called something else in the UK I was told. And for daily use something called Relvar Ellipta, smallest possible dose apparently.
    We also call it salbutamol in the UK, that’s the drug name. Unless you mean ventolin which is a brand.

Relvar Ellipta contains two ingredients, a steroid and a drug of the same class as salbutamol but longer acting.
  10. AmateurHetman

Trump being Trump.
    Oh boy, the drug has some nasty side effects. I wonder if he’ll have liver impairment.
  11. AmateurHetman

I wish they would, though. Whoever invents a vaccine against the common cold should get a Nobel Prize.
    The common cold constantly mutates which is why we never become immune to it. A new vaccine would have to be developed each year, much like for the flu (but the flu actually claims lives).
    there is no benefit in developing a vaccine for the cold, especially with the pricetag.
  12. AmateurHetman

Same way the common cold and flu won’t go away.
  13. AmateurHetman

That reminds me of 2 questions:
    - Are/were conservatives more dismissive of the severity of the virus? People like Bolsonaro, Trump and Johnson (famously shaking hands with infected) downplayed the dangers and referred to it as no worse than a flu (which is already a big killer, though). Right-wing media was also busy downplaying the situation, calling it "hysteria".
    - If that is the case, why are conservatives so adamant in refuting the danger of the situation, compared to politicians on the left?

(Sweden is an interesting exception - but the PM didn't dismiss the danger. The government just chose a different, 'relaxed' approach.)

It’s more complicated than that. Other conservative governments such as that in Poland took it very seriously and installed a lockdown far ahead of schedule.
    Some governments in power may downplay the pandemic in order to prevent the economy from taking a hit, whilst others are just ignorant and stubborn.
  14. AmateurHetman

Feminism

Sort of relevant:

Well, that backfired ?

After the equal pay claim was dismissed, striker Megan Rapinoe, who won the Golden Ball and Golden Boot at last year's World Cup, tweeted: "We will never stop fighting for equality."

So although the women's team was paid $34.1 million in salary and game bonuses between 2010 and 2018 as opposed to $26.4 million paid to the men... but they're still not being paid equally?
    It seems their initial complaint was the fact the men's team seem to be paid a higher base salary and higher bonus for wins and ties.

Sport and entertainment aren't worth criticising with regards to pay equality imo. The salaries are based on performance and popularity, so nobody is paid equally. All these cases are the rich complaining about not being slightly richer.
  15. AmateurHetman

SP - General Stop Suggesting New Features.

This kind of statement is why I say that Early Access is just a marketing term. All it amounts to is the developers admitting that the game is not good right now. They aren't legally bound to add any of the features that people keep insisting will be in the game after a year. Nobody is holding them accountable.

I'm not saying you shouldn't be hopeful, but honestly you should just view this as the official release. Millions of people have bought the game, and I have a really hard time believing they will get even of a fraction of those sales in the """"Official""" release after this. The only difference is that the developers call it early access to manage your expectations and deflect criticism, and it worked wonders because everyone is saying "it's early access" in response to any criticism about the game (I even see this on facebook and youtube). The term itself is completely meaningless but it has enormous social impact.

That would be true if Taleworlds were trying to deflect criticism and pretend that things will get better. But I don’t see any indication of that. They are patching things quickly and have said they are still developing the game until full release. I can’t imagine they’re lying, otherwise the backlash would be huge.
  16. AmateurHetman

SP - General Stop Suggesting New Features.

I think you're asking too much from the community. So many people are suggesting features because right now... the game doesn't have any. It feels like EA Bannerlord has less features than vanilla Warband - a game that came out 10 years ago - and is, quite frankly, less enjoyable than just about any (functional) mod of Warband.

Yes it's in EA but one would've thought that there would be more in there by now, and one would have thought that what is in there would've been better implemented / balanced than the current state.

So yeah, new features shouldn't be the biggest priority, but the lack of things to do is so glaring that people aren't going to stop suggesting things.

like OP has already said, it’s early access. Taleworlds have said that the full release campaign will be much deeper.

I'm not talking to the devs on this one, i'm talking to the other people like me that are suggesting stuff to the devs to help the game grow. But right now we don't need new features. We just need bug fixed a balance changes, the devs are not going to had an big features any time soon so stop suggesting them. Suggesting balance ideas and reporting issues or bugs is what we need right now.

I agree, the game has many features yet to be added, and even the ones that are currently in the game need polishing.
    I’d argue that Taleworlds have been ambitious with Bannerlord, perhaps even too ambitious with regards to some features.
  17. AmateurHetman

Waring factions should not be able to bypass choke point castles to invade enemy territory

Another option is that there should be harsh penalties for taking a settlement that isn’t directly adjacent to your main territory.

for example Caravans and other trade won’t be able to reach the settlement if it’s surrounded by enemy settlements. That way the settlement’s economy/prosperity, garrison and food supply do not grow.
  18. AmateurHetman

I'm tired of peasants with pitchforks stopping my fully plated Knights charge

20 full plate knights against 20 peasants. I dont think they would lose a single guy. - we really are talking about the most extreme case of medieval technology and training against people with basically nothing here.

20 light cavalry against 20 militia, yeah i expect losses both sides.
    Agreed, knights should easily crush a rabble of peasants. Pitch forks braced to receive a charge would extend maybe only 1 metre towards the knights armed with lances three times the length.

In history, battles like that of the golden spurs weren’t always the ‘poorly armed peasant vs knight’ that they are made out to be. The Flemish militia at the golden spurs were well armoured, armed with pikes, supported by crossbowmen and had the advantage of a marshy terrain.
  19. AmateurHetman

Surrender, retreat, and overcoming the enemy without casualties

Yeah this is something that has bothered me about mount & blade; these total victories/defeats.

It’s annoying that as a much smaller party, I often don’t have much of a chance against a much larger party.

historically, smaller and more mobile armies - if well commanded - could harass and inflict significant casualties on a large army. Even if the small force wasn’t able to achieve a complete victory, they could often dissuade the enemy from continuing their campaign.

It would be nice to be able to do hit and run tactics, without the whole; leave some of your men behind to cover your retreat and honour decrease.
  20. AmateurHetman

The man's a complete buffoon.
    The worst is when people are defending him and saying “that’s not what he said”.
Back
Top Bottom