Search results for query: *

1. SP Medieval [WB] 1257 AD - Enhanced Edition

KratosMKII said:
    I just fixed this here. It will be in the next patch.

When should we expect it to be released? No pressure: I just want to see if I can continue the current save or if I should wait directly for the patch  :wink:
  2. SP Medieval [WB] 1257 AD - Enhanced Edition

KratosMKII said:
    I'm aware of this bug. It's annoying because the code is very similar to the default fugitive quest and that doesn't happen in it.

I have an update.

The bug happens almost always but rarely it might not happen and the guy will attack as he should be. Also, one time the guy started attacking me but stopped after 2-3 seconds as if he went back to "neutral".

The possible fix I was talking about didn't work but I found one that actually does: it's possible to kill the fugitive by shooting him with a missile weapon. He won't try to defend himself and instead he'll run away but, once killed, the quest can be completed normally.
  3. SP Medieval [WB] 1257 AD - Enhanced Edition

If I can report a bug here, there is a problem with the bounty hunter missions from the taverns. When you reach the correct village and find the target, after the dialogue the character is stuck and won't attack.

I did some digging around the internet to see if there was a solution and it seems like this quest is also used in another mod and they have the same problem there.

There might be a fix and I have to test it but it's just a workaround.

Despite being a long time M&B player, I never played AD 1257 up until this... re-release but I'm liking it so far :wink:
  4. Renaming Companions 1257 AD

There is a... "trick" that I used to use a few years ago to change the stats of the companions in a mod but I don't know if it still works.

It's a known one and there might be a thread in this forum too: it should be called something like "Warband 1.158 Import/Export NPCs from Statistics screen v1.01".

I have the files on my PC, I just don't remember exactly how it works  :lol:
  5. Please help, mod 1257 AD Enhanced version, not displayin non-English charaters

What do you mean by "characters"? Do you mean the NPCs or the letters (as in, Chinese and similar languages since you said non-English)?

I was playing the mod yesterday and everything seemed fine.
  6. Quick Questions - Quick Answers Thread

You replied just when I was editing the post XD

Anyway, the shield did affect the skill so it wasn't that option but I just checked and it's enabled in both savefiles. It's the second outfit that is somehow changing the skills although I didn't notice if power throw and power draw are also effected. I can do it if someone wants me to.

I'd like to say problem solved but I'll report later when I have more time to make sure everything is actually normal.

edit: I tested it and I can confirm what I previously said.
  7. Quick Questions - Quick Answers Thread

I just noticed I have a savefile in which the character isn't affected by his armor and helmet (as in it doesn't reduce the athletics skill) but in another savefile the character I'm using there is affected, instead. I tried to load the stats of the second char in the savefile of the first one with the import/export thing but it didn't fix the problem.

I don't know if it's because of the second outfit (that I'm using) and I'll try to check it later.

I'm not posting this in the support section because I'm hoping to fix the problem as soon as possible but I will if we can't.

edit: I just tested it and the cause is the second outfit. If I remove all of it, the skill returns to be affected by the armor. I don't think it's supposed to happen, even if it's just a visual bug, but it does. I don't think it affects the actual speed when walking/running, if someone is wondering, but it got me worried anyway.
  8. Quick Questions - Quick Answers Thread

With the Strong trait you gain the ability to bash your shield with your weapon and have your men do the same. I know back in the day it was possible to keep this thing going and have a nice taunting action going on, but I'm trying now and it stops after the first bash.

Was it changed? Am I doing something wrong?
  9. AI king marrying AI maiden and courtship dialogue

I should have pointed out that the screenshots regarding the "incorrect" responses for the poems aren't the wrong ones, or at least only some of them are. I already recited the other poems and I didn't make any screenshot of those replies because I didn't think of making an actual report.

The only way for me to bring the ones I think have some wrong lines would be to find a lady during a feast, which is both easy and a bit time consuming. If that would help, let me know.
  10. M&B, Warband: Viking Conquest mod?

Everyone has its own sensibility, but has Adorno mentioned the swear words used are really on the light side. Not for a kid since the original M&B is rated T, but light enough that for a teen there shouldn't be any problems.

This being said, you are free to edit any dialogue you want by going in the conversation file in the game folder of VC. Just be careful to not remove important parts of the lines and keep a copy of the original file somewhere to be safe.

@HooTmAn, there is no need to report you for a mod to notice that you wrote "hang yourself" or something.
  11. Draguandil

This thread went awry I believe because of a very small misunderstanding.

Saxonation, some people were trying to show/explain you the lore part of the game, the part in which you can roleplay and don't care too much about stats and numbers. But as you saw, Draguandil is what it is: the fact that its value is higher means nothing from a practical standpoint.

The reason behind that is simply because there is only one Dranguandil in the entire game and it's connected to a special event/landmark. I do agree that it would have been cool if it was better, but I guess the devs had their reasons for doing otherwise.

If you don't think what they did makes a lot of sense, it's perfectly fine... but that is the answer to your question :smile:

P.S. I don't know what happens if you refine it or if you still can but you could try and see for yourself.
  12. AI king marrying AI maiden and courtship dialogue

Version 2.036 - Save started in 2.036 I don't use any mod but years ago I changed some dialogue lines in the conversation file, though I don't remember if it was in VC or in a mod. I'm pretty sure I was careful enough to only change/add some words and that I didn't delete/move anything else...
  13. Quick Questions - Quick Answers Thread

kalarhan said:
    if you have new relevant info. The necro warning is to stop people rezzing threads for no good reason or spam. But if the info in that thread is outdated, you will probably be better off with a new one (clean discussion and less confusing)

Just to be clear, I don't have new, surprising info: some people probably already knew those things. But since I made a test and I can do it again to check for more "details", I can at least prove if something was right nor not. I used the search function the first time I was looking for info on this topic and you can find some people saying it's A, others saying it's B: if you're a new player, you're going to have some doubts.

kalarhan said:
    If you are playing a vanilla game (no tweaks, mods or cheats) of the latest patch (2.036+) then visit the support section and include all your info (savegame, rgl_log.txt, etc), that way devs can look into it and tell you if its a bug or not

I know I changed some dialogue lines years ago (literally) but I don't know if it was in VC or in a mod. Aside from that, it's as vanilla as you can get. I'm not sure what the rgl_log.text is but I'll go check the support section asap.

I mentioned me changing some dialogue lines because I just remembered what is maybe a big problem that slipped under the radar, unless it's because of what I did. When I recite any poem to a lady, her reply is (I suppose) from the native poems and it isn't connected to the actual story/plot of the VC poem. She mentions the correct name of the poem, but then the rest is wrong.

Did anyone noticed this?
  14. attacking traders and innocents

Maybe bandit and vikingr units?
  15. Quick Questions - Quick Answers Thread

I was playing VC, reached level 13, remembered of the traits system, came to the forum to look for info, found some confusing info, made a test to understand what was true and what wasn't.

Now, can I necro a thread about this topic to share my test so that future players will know how it exactly works? I don't want to make a new one because there are already enough unnecessary threads as it is, but I'm open to suggestions (or I wouldn't be here).

Let me ask a question, since I'm already here. Can AI kings marry AI characters? Because it happened in my game, though the characters' list keeps saying the two aren't married. Is it maybe a bug?
  16. M&B, Warband: Viking Conquest mod?

What do you consider as "profanity"? As far as I can remember there aren't actual swear words, unless "scum" or "wretch" are in this category, for you.

There are phrases like "I will drink from your skull" or "Give me your purse or I'll kill you" but are those considered as profanity?
  17. Question about companions?

I can't remember if it works for the most recent VC updates or not but there is a thread, somewhere in this forum, that contains a file that allows to change the stats of the companions like we do with our character.

Basically it's just a matter of replacing a file a couple of times and I never had any problem.
  18. Storage in Viking Conquest

kalarhan said:
    Would you leave your gold coins and silver pieces in a easy to find spot, so any bandit can clear you out? Or hide it? Even better, hide it on plain sight  :wink:

But it doesn't work this way so it doesn't matter :razz:
  19. Storage in Viking Conquest

Adorno said:
    That might be my fault, since I've placed various stuff on them as well, like cups, bowls etc. So they're well disguised as tables  :iamamoron:

Wouldn't be a thing good and fair to use instead a normal trunk/ treasure chest so people can't confuse it? :wink:
  20. Viking Conquest: Patch to 2.025 UPDATE: Released!

motomataru said:
    I use it just to check that the game is still technically loading and working for a particular change.

Oh, ok. The way you said it before seemed to imply it was working completely fine for an actual playthrough.

motomataru said:
    Most of the changes in this last patch were fixes to such problems. See reports above.

Many reports don't specify if the guys started a new game to test the beta or if it was a save file from a previous patch, so I wasn't really sure.
Back
Top Bottom